[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enemies of success
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: 1423442434092.jpg (257 KB, 1544x760) Image search: [Google]
1423442434092.jpg
257 KB, 1544x760
What is the biggest obstacle and detriment to success?

Is it going on /pol/ and listening to Jew memes?

Spending excessive time on 4chan?

Videogames?

Let's hear, senpai.
>>
Not taking responsibility for your actions and blaming your lack of success on outside factors rather than yourself
>>
>>1126367
What about /pol/?

Is that for unsuccessful people
>>
People will try their hardest to bring you down, even, if not especially, those closest to you.
>>
>>1126346
not managing your time properly
>>
Listening to other people.
>>
Being a woman or a minority
>>
>>1126373
I guess if you see it as entertainment and dont get serious feelings like
>da joos are holding me back thats why I cant be successful

it doesnt really matter.
>>
>>1126346
The jews.
>>
>>1126346

I can't commit myself as thoroughly as I ought to. I have every opportunity just waiting for me on a plate, but I just can't seem to make it happen. I'm working on projects for my family which will quite literally result in seven figure profits, in the worst case, but I just can't get them to go all in because they always see me as their son, rather than a business partner. I feel like I'm always struggling uphill on stuff where, if they would just trust me, I could deliver 50% annualised returns, no problem. It's a far better situation than most, but Jesus tittyfucking Christ, it's frustrating.
>>
>>1126720
But the jews are successful.

Isn't that why everyone hates them? THey do say jealousy is a huge enemy of success.
>>
>>1126732

Had the same deal with my dad. I left went on my own, it almost killed me but now he rents space from me. Frustration will kill your success as quick as anything.

But furthermore a lack of humility will kill your success. Admit you are wrong or beating a dead horse before it turns you into a failure.
>>
>>1126732
>>1126747
Is moving out as soon as possible the best way to get onto the road of success?
>>
I've posted my story here before and am going to have to say your parents are the prime determining factor in your success.
>>
>>1126367
Seems like alot of people in business can't take responsibility either.
>>
>>1126367
Bullshit
I've known i'm a peice of shit for years, it hasn't helped
>>
>>1126761
>I've posted my story here before

Post it again senpai.
>>
>>1126626
This. I've been abused both on /biz/ and /adv/ endlessly for posting certain things, but I'm 23 with two properties, my own office and currently training a PA, so I'm pretty happy with how my life's going.
>>
>>1126772
Well are you taking responsibility ?
>>
>>1126634
>Being a woman or a minority
Unsuccessful women and minorities attribute their lack of success due to "institutional patriarchy and racism".

Do these things exist? Very likely.

Are they an excuse for somebody to adopt a victim mentality? No.
>>
>>1126773
>>1126773
I'm on mobile so I'll give the quick and simple version.

>Parents commit two identity theft felonies
>Not only destroy the financial aid you were getting for university, but make you incapable of admission for a year and ruin your credit for the next 7.

I'm currently filling out paperwork to try to transfer credits and get a scholarship, plus return to my old place of work (I left because I was supposed to be going back to uni finally but they his some debt from me and I couldn't make it this semester). Aside from having a shot pride, not being able to move out, required to get into even more debt to finish school, and being possibly having untreated clinical depression, I'm okay tho.
>>
>>1126794
Why didn't you report them to the police and fucking kill them?

Shit man that's fucking horrible to do, especially to your child. What the fuck?

How can you still live with them after that?
>>
>>1126796
Work money went to try to fill in some school expenses, and a lot of apartments here do credit checks. Plus at the job I had, I would literally be incapable of surviving due to the hour cuts from management. As in, I would be making negative money per month even if I did not eat.
>>
>>1126749

I don't know, my fathers biz was grossing 6 mil and in the red. Fixing it was easy, just a matter of spending less in areas that weren't earning. But he didn't want to hear it. I tried and tried, but I ultimately spent 6 years taking 1 step forward and 2 back. 1 year after I left he sold to a group of venture caps to avoid bankruptcy. 1 year after that they fired him.
I sold my starter home for start up money. I made good progress but things went tits up for me in 08-09. I never went under, but I did have to make drastic changes to my game plan. I took on a partner which was a good move then. I didn't have much choice cause my wife was preggers with triplets. Ultimately I wound up tuning it around in 10 and grossed about 300k that year which allowed me to at least pay myself 50k. I'm doing about a mil now and in the process of forcing the partner back out.

Niothing was easy about it. It was a huge struggle. I Design and build machinery. Not the easiest thing to get up and running with limited funds. Maybe you will have an easier time with whatever you do.

Good luck m8
>>
>>1126733
>But the jews are successful.
Success is a zero-sum game.
>>
>>1126940
Doesn't tha mean I should be friends with jews?
>>
>>1126346
>What is the biggest obstacle and detriment to success?
Yourself. Specifically your mindset.

It's a cliche but it's the truth.
>>
File: gdfnfmhhfmvmv.jpg (54 KB, 792x658) Image search: [Google]
gdfnfmhhfmvmv.jpg
54 KB, 792x658
>>1126346
pic related
>>
>>1126905
>I build the espresso machines used in cafes
>>
Fear. Fear of failure is the biggest enemy of success. It keeps you from taking the first step.
>>
WoW, /pol/ and /r9k.
>>
Luck is the #1 factor of success.
>>
>>1127171
How to get over the fear of failure?
>>
>>1127214
This.

Every millionaire in the world just got lucky, or inherited money.
>>
File: buddha-225x300.jpg (14 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
buddha-225x300.jpg
14 KB, 225x300
The desire to be successful.
>>
Lack of motivation and lack of proper management of time.

Too much time on internet, I already cut videogames, but need to better my management of internet use I'm almost always connected.

Right now I'm really motivated so I got like 2 weeks ahead on some courses though and started to exercise, I'm already 12 kilos down in just 6 weeks.
>>
>>1126346
>>1126373
>>1126733
>>1126943

Alright what happened that you mention jews and /pol/ so often? Hahahaha they are such racist rednecks, they are so stupid :DDD
Happy? Now go away.
>>
>>1127775
>Every millionaire in the world just got lucky, or inherited money.
You're full of shit. All it takes is being dedicated and frugal. The average american makes 2-3 million in their lifetimes. Simply not buying useless shit is enough to make you a millionaire. Your mindset is literally the answer to OP's question.
>>
>>1127799
>He took the bait
>>
File: j7gdUi1.jpg (34 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
j7gdUi1.jpg
34 KB, 349x642
>>1127808
>>
>>1126346

Considering failure for even a moment

Thinking about the past

Not trying new shit
>>
>>1127768
Sorry mate its like swimming, gotta fail hard at some point to see what its like. try to make it so you dont eat shit financially, but taking a huge social or other non monetary embarrassment.

For example, i hadnt failed hard until my thesis in uni. Bit off more than i could handle, had some break downs and resigned to take my F. I felt i had let down so many people around me, but its something im thankful for now. I came back the next year and essentially won my graduating class in my discipline.
>>
>>1127812
>Obvious sarcasm
>>
In my own experience, it was the lack of three things:

1) Time Management
2) Self Management
3) Proper Goal Setting Principles

The lack of these three things threw a monkey wrench into my life. I got my shit together, though, and that was through the adoption of these three principles--time management, self management, and proper goal setting. It was difficult at first, of course, because bad habits die hard. I'll discuss these three things:

>Time Management
A regimented schedule leads to productivity. An organic schedule leads to loafing. Even the most disciplined people wither away with organic schedules.

>Self Management
A good attitude goes a long way. I know that "good attitude" has a bad rap, usually dismissed as psychobabble bullshit, but it is a very real thing. When failure comes your way, how are you going to handle it? Are you going to bitch and moan about it on /r9k/? Or are you going to handle failure as a learning tool, which you will apply to your future success?

>Proper Goal Setting
The goal itself is overrated. Your goal is useless without the foundation necessary to make it a reality. I'll fucking say it again, goals are completely useless without the foundation necessary to make it a reality.

We see this shit all the time on 4chan.
>lazy, unmotivated, depressive sack of shit wants to make money
>end goal: to make money
>but he's a lazy, unmotivated, depressive sack of shit

What's wrong with this picture? Anon's laziness, depression, and lack of motivation is getting in the way of his success. He doesn't have foundation.

Before getting caught up in with the finer workings of goal setting, focus on the resources necessary to make it happen. Ask yourself these two things:
>Do I have the knowledge necessary to make this happen?
>Do I have the skillset necessary to make this happen?

tldr: knowledge + skills = wingoal
>>
>>1126346
For me its fapping and procrastination. When my gf is here she needs attention, cannot do shit. When she is away i fap and procrastinate
>>
Losing the parent/family lottery.
>>
>>1126943
I bet you are...
>>
>>1126346

Lots of people here, and especially on /pol/, say don't go to college.

I work in IT. Most of the people I know who got CS degrees and who have been programming for years are very comfortable. Some are extremely wealthy (the ones who started their own companies).

Most of the people I know who didn't go to college aren't doing so well.

The ones who didn't go make it out to be some herculean task. It does take a lot of time. Anyone can do it though. Even if you don't have money, you can at least take one class a semester on the weekends (or at night).
>>
>>1126346
Obviously, spending time on 4chan. Which is why /biz/ is the most ironic board.
>>
>>1127784
Keep it up bud
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1850x1192) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1850x1192
Speaking from extensive experience here

>Whenever you outperform you achieve more success than you thought possible. Might seem obvious, but as with many things in life, knowing is easy. Doing is hard. Are you *making the choice* of constantly outperforming yourself and others? Are you always doing more than expected of you? No? Well there you go

>Not doing something you know you ought to do simply because you don't feel like it. Not everything is supposed to be fun.

>Not acting with a sense of urgency in life

>Blaming others. Ever. Even if something was someone's fault, what the fuck does it matter? Every second spent blaming someone else is a second wasted. You always have a choice when you react. React constructively and move forward.

There's probably more but these I felt were the most pressing. The first one is probably the most important anyway. The more times you read it, the more times you think about it, the more you realise how powerful it is. It applies to EVERYTHING; EVERY facet of life. Always, in everything you do, ask yourself: Am I outperforming? No? Well then if there's anything you want that you don't already have you now know why. Outperform. Outperform your outperformance. Out-fucking-perform
>>
>>1126346

Your own stupidity and lack of ability to try. No one ever had any modicum of success by doing nothing.
>>
>>1126346
Probably not one that comes to mind right if the bat, but I've seen a lot of talented people lose it all to substance abuse.
>>
>>1126940
OP, this is a good enemy of success. The "zero sum game" mentality. "If someone else won, then I can't win, so I'm not going to try."
>>
>>1127214
Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. You don't know when the opportunity can arise, so make sure you're ready. However, fear of missing out can really screw you over if you end up being impulsive.
>>
My dick.

My dick is like this terrible dog that keeps getting off the leash and fucking bitches.

Currently paying child support on two kids. Women have cost me tons of time in scheming, money spent on dates, etc.

Am I a better person because of the amount of fun that I've had with them? Probably not.
>>
>>1126940
It really really isn't unless you're both going for the same resource which is limited. Someone elses success isn't your loss. If someone becomes a doctor do you lose a grand? No because there's a fuck load of doctor jobs out there same for most things in life.
>>
>>1128621
Makes me feel slightly better to be a 23 yo virgin, thanks m8.
>>
>>1128405
>Even if something was someone's fault, what the fuck does it matter?
Reputation is everything. If you have a reputation of fucking shit up (even if you don't), people won't want to hire or promote you, even if you own your own business, if the company is represented by someone they think is incompetent people won't buy from you and your staff won't respect you
>>
>>1126714
>>da joos are holding me back thats why I cant be successful
/pol/ never says this.

>>1127796
This is what I suspect too.
>>
>>1129330
That's literally what they say.

>Why haven't you moved out
>It's the Jews cucking mortgages

>Why are you a virgin
>The vsginal feminist Jew is cucking me

>Why do you have no job
>Good goy, keep earning shekelberg that money

Etc
>>
>>1129336
No, the general consensus on /pol/ would be
>you should move out by the time you're 25

>you should have a nice white girlfriend to have white babies

>neets are useless manchildren
>>
>>1129341
Nope.

Make a thread asking any of those and you'll get people typing out paragraphs desperately justifying their lifestyle.

/pol/ is satire. The irony is that it's literally r9k 2.0 yet they talk about white master race
>>
>>1126346
BIGGEST OBSTACLE :
To be not specific, the biggest obstacle is focus which comes in different types and shapes.
>Lets say you want to apply your knowledge into making a product and selling it.
>You work on it but the effort you put on it is a function of diminishing nature w.r.t to time.
>This is because the Effort function is weakened by "distractions". E = IdealE(t) + Distraction(t)
>You job is to limit the value of distraction.
>Ideal(E) also depends on number of factors..
Continue?
>
>>
>>1126528
>Not managing actions properly
>Time is always there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44RKWyfcFw
Watch this full. These people might look cringy but they are focused and working on something without distraction.
>>
>>1126772
Have you tried to change it?
>>
>>1128621
Never thought about a condom you fucking reject?
>>
>>1126346
>jokes written in a forum
>listening
>>
>>1126346

Girlfriends. Nice pieces of ass

Also, stupidity, and laziness

videogames of course but only losers play them so...
>>
>>1126386
Reminds me of my former friend. In retrospect, he always saw me in a negative light and often tried very hard to bring me down to his level. He only focused on my faults, a lot of them were exaggerated or even imagined. He always expressed visible discontent at the fact that I can do what he can't do. They were nothing extraordinary either, just "normie" accomplishments, but he was mad that was able to do them. I did so much for him, but he never helped me in return.
>>
>>1128315
going to college is definitely important IF your field requires a degree or one is preferable, if you don't need a degree to get a job or to progress why waste three plus years you could be spending getting vital experience which is valued higher than the degree?
>>
>>1126346
GET THE FUCK OFF OF 4CHAN AND START CREATING A SCHEDULE.

DONE
>>
>>1130385
>former friend
hopefuly you didnt take too long to kick that fucker to the curb
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.