[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a 62-year-old employer at a small company who has hired many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1457212208196.jpg (82 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1457212208196.jpg
82 KB, 500x334
As a 62-year-old employer at a small company who has hired many young people, I can honestly say that the vast majority of you are lazy and too entitled to hold down any job.

Out of the 20+ people I've hired as a business owner, there was only 1 young person who I thought was sort of decent, but even he's not up to my standards.

This is simply what employers want in an employee:

- Must have a college degree in a hard science with a 3.7+ GPA
- Must have 5+ recommendations
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience
- Must have won prizes
- Must have good social skills and amazing quantitative abilities
- Must know useful programming.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends occasionally without pay.
- Must be prompt and be able to handle criticisms.
- Must understand that I will give bad and false reviews to his future employers so that s/he doesn't move to other companies

As I've said, out of the 20+ young people I've hired, only 1 has come close to my requirements. This is for a $9/hour with no benefits receptionist job.
He was a math and econ double major at a top 20 university and he fixed a security vulnerability in my website when it was hacked. Unfortunately, he left after 2 years. I don't know how he got a different job, though. I gave him terrible references so other bosses wouldn't hire him.

Why can't young people meet my standards? I think a lot of you are too entitled and are unwilling to learn the necessary skills to get jobs these days.
>>
>>1126288
Buy ethereum and never work for old miserable small business owners again.
>>
>>1126288
Interesting post but doesn't mean shit. I'm 25 and have held a job since I was 15. I got into sales at 18 and I not only make a killing but motherfuckers love me.

I know you're a neet trying to make a point about job requirements but my advice to you would be to go into sales. Apply for sales jobs not matter what experience they require. We literally hire neets all of the time because you can teach anyone to be a salesman.
>>
>>1126306
Buy ethercuck
>>
This is a horribly ham-fisted attempt at bait. I got a job flipping signs for $10 an hour by simply not being a felon, not even a drug test was required.

To make this more believable, change 62yo to mid to late 40s, change the $9/hr to $15/hr, drop "won prizes" and programing as well as the whole paragraph between "no benefits receptionist job" and "why can't [they] meet my standards", then you may have something believable.
>>
>>1126288
nice bait
>>
>>1126288
I don't think this is bait. I think its just really good satire. Nice man, made me rage a little but I think there's a lot of truth in that post
>>
>>1126368
It's a copypasta from /pol/
But the attitude is why I seem to get e-mailed about the same jobs over and over and over.
>>
>>1126288
>hard science degree
>good social skills
Nice bait
>>
I'm a Gen Y in my twenties, and as someone who has to hire people who are my same age, I agree to an extent.

Most people are lazy as fuck and are entitled. I disagree with the 'requirements' though - I've found hiring people with experience over college grades/extra curricular is better
>>
>>1126288

troll tread
>>
>>1126288
Ive been on the internet for too long to know the possibility of this thread being bait is 100%.
>>
>>1126789
>I've found hiring people with experience over college grades/extra curricular is better
People with 3.5+ GPAs and no experience perform better than those with sub 3.0 GPAs and 2+ years experience.
>>
>>1126825
lies
>>
File: 1456321133703.png (111 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1456321133703.png
111 KB, 540x405
>>1126288
>mfw I know this is bait, but I actually have all your qualifications.
>>
>>1126288
Must be between 20 and 25 years old with 30+ years of experience
>>
File: jews.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
jews.png
269 KB, 450x488
>>1126288
>- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends occasionally without pay.
>>
>>1126825
Literally the opposite of the truth.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.