[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys ready for March 9? It's gonna be great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: march 9.jpg (167 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
march 9.jpg
167 KB, 800x600
Are you guys ready for March 9? It's gonna be great.
>>
What happens on the 9th?
>>
>>1125227
March 9 is dump time?
>>
File: olderactors.jpg (70 KB, 400x271) Image search: [Google]
olderactors.jpg
70 KB, 400x271
>>1125227
>mfw ethereum page on wikipedia still reads as ethercuck
>>
what is happening on march 9 plz respond
>>
>>1125227
Isn't the current price already weighted in?
>>
>>1125253
Fukking kek
>>
>>1125237
>>1125238
>>1125257
Homestead is released.

Major update to Ethereum.
>>
>>1125331
If iPhone releases tell something, it is that Apple price fell after them. The expectation of a release is weighted in the price and then everyone sells at the actual release with hopes of selling to people who will buy after the release.

Something like that.

We just have to hope that Homestead does not have any bugs, but I don't think there will be a significant raise.
>>
any chance they will put a cap on ether amount?
>>
For anyone who might be retarded, I'll go ahead and spoil the surprise cuckoldry for you - on March 9th the Ethereum team will release an update that will essentially reset all the current ETH by making it no longer valid. The system is receiving a major version upgrade which will change some important algorithms basically. The point is all ETH will become worthless. Insiders (people who have read the release white papers) are trying to hype like March 9 is going to be some rocket date where everything will go to the moon, but really what will happen is everyone who isn't a moron is going to liquidate their ETH on that date just before the update. Anons trying to convince you all to buy before then, to pump it. Just ask on the official Ethereum forums if you don't believe. But you can cuck the cuckers if you sell on just prior to the 9th
>>
>>1125345
>pix or it didn't happen
>>
>>1125333
>tfw sold at .027

guys get ready to buy the dip, then after march 9 sell again

you can't even print money this easily
>>
THIS IS A BUTTHURT NETHERKEK THREAD

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1125344
They are planning to implement Proof of Stake system which will greatly reduce issuance of Etherbutts.
>>
>>1125345
What logic reason is there for devs to issue Homestead which would ruin ETH? There is none.
>>
>>1125345
Please explain in technical details which algorithm changes would make Ether cost less and why.
>>
>>1125382
He is trolling you.
>>
>>1125382
I think he meant this
>when we are ready to move to Homestead, the release after Frontier, the Frontier network will be shut down; Ether values in wallets will be transferred, but state in contracts is will likely be erased (more information to follow on this in later blog posts)

But there's also this
>However, to help you safeguard your Ether, we have the following mechanisms planned (more details from the developers will follow soon as the security model is finalised):
>if you do not perform any transactions, we guarantee 100% your Ether will not be touched and will be waiting for you once we move beyond Frontier
>Ether you spend will not fall through cracks into other people’s pockets or vanish without a trace: in the unlikely event that this happens, you have 24 hours to inform us, and we will freeze the network, return to the last good state, and start again with the bug patched
>Just read it yourself, i'm lazy to copy it anymore

https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/03/03/ethereum-launch-process/

As some anon said.
If homestead is bugged.
We are all sinking into the never ending dip.
If homestead is fine, we are going to the moon.
>>
>>1125436
So the solution is to just NOT move Ether to hardware wallets and keep it on exchange until Homestead, then, if all is safe, transfer Ether to wallet.

Also, if Homestead is bugged, many Ether will be lost from Wallets, which means the remaining Ether will cost more, no?

It is just a bet you have to place. Can go either way.
>>
NOTHING IS HAPPENING MARCH 9TH OP IS TROLLING SAGE AND MOVE ON
>>
>>1125451
>Exchange opening for Indian Rupee to ETH
>Nothing is happening
>>
>>1125448
I moved my Ether to Mist last night. Should I deposit it back on the exchange?
>>
Holy fuck you guys are retarded. Mist is not a hardware wallet. Keeping ETH in an exchange = keeping your money in their wallet. If you read the technical papers and read the phase details you'd realize they're doing this as carefully as possible. They will rollback the system in case shit happens. Your chances of losing ETH are mini.al
>>
>>1125645
Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>1125645
>mini.al
Minimal means you still have a chance to fucking lose everything though.
Which is like you losing your wallet on the street.
>>
it's not gonna go above 4 million.
right?
RIGHT??

fuck me. surely, SURELY it'll dump at 3.5 max.
>>
>>1125345
>But you can cuck the cuckers if you sell on just prior to the 9th

inb4
>Everyone sells before this fictional march 9th date
>Some greedy jews buy it all up at a reduced price for a quick easy entry to the market before it takes off
>>
>>1125645
>>1125649

So what should be done before the hardfork? All my ETH is currently in a myetherwallet wallet
>>
>>1125654
They're trying to manufacture a dip. Only YOU can prevent a dip.
>>
>>1125659
Nothing. Everything will continue as usual. Only contract wallets are affected which are smart contract wallets that store ETH on a blockchain contract.

Myetherwallet will be unaffected

Only 2% of ETH is stored in contract wallets
>>
bitcoin below 400. damn man.
>>
Who else is selling everything before March 9th?

Short term hold
>>
>>1125663
Alright cool! Thank you for clearing that up. Good luck on your journey to the moon.
>>
>>1125667
i've got my finger hovering over that sell button and alarms set on my phone 24/7. there's a lot of resistance at 3 mil and i refuse to believe it'll hit 4.
>>
>>1125667
what is significant about march 9?
>>
>Who else is selling everything before March 9th?

Is there a way to sell without converting to bitcoin first? Bitcoins value is still dropping at the moment
>>
>>1125673
nah. just hold the btc for a few days.
>>
>>1125667
Don't be a fucking peasant and try to cause a dip because you'll just end up losing all your holdings when no one else sells, and you'll regret it for the rest of your life
>>
>>1125673
oh wait, yeah there is. exchange ETH for USDT on polo.
but turning that into FIAT is a proper pain in the arse.
>>
>>1125673
Jesus fucking Christ you must be the 100th person to ask this exact question!
For the last time there are brokers (like Kraken which is used by everyone) who offer USD/ETH, EUR/ETH etc.
I bought mine via Kraken using EUR wiretranfer. Everything was done in a few hours.
>>
>>1125690
SELL FUCKHEAD

Not buy.

Getting actual USD you can use to buy your dragon dildos after playing around with eth.
>>
>>1125659

I don't trust those javascript wallets out there. Use Mist
>>
>Use Mist

This. Everything's in beta but Mist looks to be the most secure.
>>
>>1125675
In a few days it's value will have dropped immensely
>>
>>1125690
>Kraken which is used by everyone
the only reason i have a krapen account is for my mtgox claim. fuckers owe me £300 and .7btc. has anyone been refunded? i've done all i'm supposed to but still have fuck all from them.
>>
File: So many dissapoints.png (53 KB, 1688x710) Image search: [Google]
So many dissapoints.png
53 KB, 1688x710
>>1125697
I became furious because of your dumb post, killed my wife and decided to sell 0.1 ETH for EUR.
I am so goddamn dissapointed in biz...
I'll just go back to /b/
>>
3 MILLION

HAPPENING
>>
>>1125716
I dare you to take out .1 USD.

Show me 10 cents in your bank account.

KRAKEN DOES NOT SUPPORT USD WITHDRAWAL
>>
>>1125716
Kek
>>
fucking ETH IPO man, 1btc would be 60btc right now. i so nearly got on that train.
once i sell my ETH i'm going all in on XMR. fuck this. i'm not missing yet another train.
>>
>>1125737
America has stupid laws thats why. Dont blame crypto blame your stupid fucking government americuck
>>
>>1125737
I answered the original question whether it was possible to sell without converting it to BTC.

There is no option to withdraw money from my Kraken account to my bank account in USD. There is however an option to sell your ETH for USD, which again was the original question.

An easy solution would be to transfer the money in euros to your bank account and let your bank exchange them to USD with an exchange fee?
>>
>>1125741
stay in the fucking ETH train you mongoloid. XMR is alright but nowhere the same potential
>>
>>1126115
Buy some ethercuck.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.