[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with poorfag fam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3
File: angry wojak.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
angry wojak.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
What 2 do if your parents are poorfags with poor financial decision-making?

>Keep telling me about the newest MLM and cryptocurrency and all this shit
>They keep telling me I should drop my Accounting major and just join Amway because they heard some people are making 6-figures doing it
>Keep nagging me about getting a job and moving out and doing chores which further lowers my testosterone via cortisone
>Are voting for Bernie because he'll give them free things
>Keep telling me liberal things they heard on bernie sanders discussion forums
>Keep telling me how capitalism is evil and horrible and that there's a conspiracy to make us poor
>Keep telling me how world war 3will start soon and so money will become useless anyway
>Can't get a job because of their shit since they keep making retarded rules

Fuck man I know I'm living under their roof but why do they have to be like this? I'm so jeally of financially literate parents.

What do I do? I'm considering just taking what money I have and moving by myself to le big city and starting a new life but I have no real job and no gf.

How do you guys deal with your poorfag family?
>>
well?
>>
bitch I smell like money
>>
well
>>
Well
>>
>>1125215
BUY ETHERKEK F A M
>>
>>1125356
Already have some
>>
>>1125215
>parents trying to convince you to do MLM
holy shit anon you need to get away as fast as you possibly can your parents are financial cancer
>>
>>1125385
But what do I do?

I can't quite move out(poor desu) and they get mad when I try to explain to them why it's bad.
>>
You poor thing. You have nobody to blame but yourself. No excuses. Go get a job
>>
Lel ur fokd senpai
>>
>>1125215
It's simple. Don't make the same decisions as them. Don't rely on them for anything. Make your own money, support yourself, and make your own decisions. And buy ETH
>>
File: 53425186_p0.jpg (923 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
53425186_p0.jpg
923 KB, 849x1200
>MLM
old high school "friend" calls and ask me to visit some business event,,
What? is this this some pyramid sceme, not interested, and you should get out while you can.
4 months later door bell rings, he's there trying to sell vacuums (and he didn't know where I lived)
>he didn't took the advise
>>
>What 2 do
>2
nigga thats not a word
>>
>>1125215
It's simple. Don't argue with them, and certainly don't take any of their financial advice. Just do the shit you need to right now to secure a better future for yourself.
>>
>>1125863
>applying for jerbs
>accidentaly apply to a MLM company
>they call me for an interview
>i say sure ill be there
>research their company
>they are literally selling vacuum cleaners for about 5 times what the same shit is worth on ebay
>call them that i already got a job
>>
You're best bet is to just do whatever it is you want while appealing to your parents at the same time. Every time they say something either agree or smile, ponder for a moment, and tell them you'll consider it. No sense in arguing, you are living in their house after all.
>>
>>1125866

Two is a word.
>>
>>1125839
>>1125867
>>1125908
Thanks guys.

I guess you're right. Best to mame the best of it and then move out soon.
>>
>>1125215
I have an uncle who's a hot shot stock broker that helps them manage their money. He's made them way wealthier they would ever be without him. He won't teach me shit though because I told him individual brokers are pointless with shit like tda, ib and rh. They just hire customer service reps and certify them to trade stocks for customers at crap pay.
>>
>>1125215
Move out, cut them off, problem solved.
>>
>>1126159
B-but muh family...
>>
>>1125215
etherkek lmao
>>
>>1126159
Pls reply. How do I do this tho

Should I just pack my shit, order a uhaul and move my shit while they're at work? Or should I keep in contact with them still
>>
>>1126543
if theyre shitty parents, fuck em.
if theyre just shitty financially, keep in contact.
also, stop being a fucking loser and make decisions for yourself. this post leads me to believe youre 14 years old.
>>
>>1126543
people constantly move in and out of your life. even when you think you're 'best friends' with someone.
only family stays. but do get away as far as it's comfortable

>cortisone
it's cortisol, kek
>>
>>1126550
Whoops, didn't even notice typo lol

>>1126549
I am 20 years old but you are right I am a loser.

I'm just trying yo improve my life man. Is that really too much to ask advice for?
>>
>>1126543
how do you do this?
do you have friends?
go to the local pub and find someones couch to sleep on.
are you in a city? stay in a hostel for a while.
you could easily find a job at mcdicks or something to get you some startup money.
spend all of your free time researching stocks and play virtual markets.

want schooling? seek scholarships. no scholarships available to you? trade school. i recommend either welding or machining. good money in it.

it's going to be tough, but unless you want to end up like them.. do it.

final note, stop feeling bad for yourself. when youre a millionaire you can manage your parents finances if it interests you.

this isnt going to happen fast, ive been there myself.

i got out of my house as fast as i could when i turned 18. it took over a year to get enough and a stable enough job for my own shit tier 2 room appt.

ive been there, my good man. you just have to FUCKING DO IT.
>>
>>1126559
>you're right, i am a loser.
the difference between you and me -
i never once said those words to myself.
cut that shit out or youre going nowhere.
self image is the only image that matters.
as gay as it is, you have to believe in yourself to get anywhere.
>>
>>1126566
>the difference between you and me -
>i never once said those words to myself.

It's true desu.

Partly my fault and partly not my fault my life really went to shit.

I could never make any relationships(friends or gf) because senpai would keep moving every year so I had to go to a new school repeatedly. Then I got severe acne and was bullied(due to looking like utter shit and also being new) and then it all went to shit. Then I got on accutane and now my face at least doesn't look like a monster.

>>1126563
>do you have friends?

I do not have a single friend I talk to regularly.
I'm a pretty social guy but I just can't get to making friends. I make small-talk with people on the bus, on the street, at the gym, etc but none of it ever gets to friendship level. Idk.

>want schooling? seek scholarships. no scholarships available to you?
I want to study Finance or Econ but I don't know how I can make enough money by myself to support myself without living with my cancerous family which will only drag me down anyway(kind of a catch-22 i guess).

>i got out of my house as fast as i could when i turned 18. it took over a year to get enough and a stable enough job for my own shit tier 2 room appt.

I have $25 000. I 've been looking for a job lately but the problem is that in this shit household I can't really better myself, so I'm stuck either being financially fucked living foot-to-mouth, paycheck to paycheck or living here where I can never accomplish anything.
>>
>>1126577
>25k
nigger what are you doing here?
if i started with that much i'd be a fucking millionaire by now.
you have the means for improvement, it seems to me like you just don't give a fuck.

move out.
get shit job to keep funds at 23000-25000 range.
look into scholarships.
you can literally live for 1+ years on that money.
>>
>>1125215
"amway"? are you mormons?
>>
>>1126586
>nigger what are you doing here?
>if i started with that much i'd be a fucking millionaire by now.

I guess I'm just a penny-pinching kike. I never really spend any money.

Fuck I guess you're right man. I think I'm just going to work hard as fuck to get what I can done now and save as much as possible and then just move out either this summer or next spring at most.

Tbh I think if I keep my head down and I can save up another $10k or something if I continue working and learn some skills and get my drivers license so I'm in a decent spot.

I just don't know all the shit about how to rent an apartment, how to not get scammed, how to find roommates who aren't cracheads, etc.
>>
>>1126597
plz don't leave me
>>
Sudoku is an option, senpai.
>>
>>1125215
Jesus your parents sound like redditors who are in their mid 20's. Are you underage b&?
>>
>>1126670
I am 20 years old
>>
>>1125215
Honestly, I would listen to your parents over the dipshits on /biz/. So many dumbasses on here your parents couldn't be worse.
>>
>>1126597
Bump... please reply
>>
>>1126597
>>1126889
bump... come on guys it's not funny anymore
>>
that bored tonight eh? play a game or something
>>
>>1126934
>>1126934
The other post was giving such good advice then he just vanished randomly...
>>
advice on what? how to be an adult?
>>
>>1125215
Honestly OP why don't you look at it the other way?
Your parents are complete plebs financially, politically and probably in many other ways too. Chances are extremely high that their 20-something year old kid would be an even bigger pleb. Yet your studiying something actually useful and know instinctively that MLM and cryptos are shit. So statistically speaking you're a pretty big one-off in a good way. Now it's up to you to make the best out of it without looking back.
>>
>>1126946
yes
>>
alright. what do you want to know?
>>
Yeah yeah stop fucking whining
>>
>>1126951
>I just don't know all the shit about how to rent an apartment, how to not get scammed, how to find roommates who aren't cracheads, etc.

Basically how do I move out and begin a normal life as an adult

>>1126947
tru
>>
In for this. Cut off my dad at 17, for reasons other than financial retardation. Just moved out at 20. Probably gonna cut my mom off soon.

How to adult, how to success?
>>
>>1126957
How is u surviving tho senpai?

Did you just pack your shit and dip? Didn't they try to contact you and shit?

>>1126951
>>1126956
Also what important documents do I need to get to live on my own
>>
normal is relative. my father kicked me out at age 16 but anyway.

1. first off you need a bank account which it looks like you have. get some checks too if you dont have them.

2. next you need to lay out a plan of items youll need. think through a day, every single thing you use. you need to buy that. down to alarm clock, bed, coffee machine, spoons, coffee cups, microwave etc. find somewhere to store all that shit while youre building it up.

3. license and car. this depends on where you live but most likely youll need it. start with a beater for 2 grand.

4. search for apartments on craigslist or in your local paper. most require a down payment of first months rent as a security deposit plus first months rent. so if its $700/mo rent, $1400 gets you in the door.

5. get a shitty job to keep the lights on and power internet for shitposting and eth shilling

6. ??

7. profit
>>
>>1126967
But more specifically tho.

I do not have a drivers license btw. Didn't bother considering how expensive insurance and maintenance is.

How do I find a good apartment so I don't get scammed? I saw a few listings for what looks to be decent ones for $500/month living iwth some fuckhead

Anything else desu senpai?

>My father kicked me out at age 16
How did you survive?
>>
>>1126957
Working, living with gf who also works. Dropped out of college, but not to work more. Just really hated school and found it pointless. My girlfriend is starting school in the fall. And I literally moved out less than a week ago, so it may be a bit presumptive to say I'm surviving. But I think I'll be alright.

Chased a lot of stupid business ideas, but I think I have dialed one in that actually, finally, really, provides real and true value to the marketplace. So I'll be working on that very soon.

My mom kicked me out. Stayed with my gf at her parents for a while. She threatened to throw all my stuff out, but I called the county clerk because that didn't sound legal. Fortunately because I'm an adult and her house was my legal residence she had to give me a 14 day written notice. So I was able to get my shit. Ever since I left she has been a lot nicer to me, she kicked my little sister out too and my sister is now living with my dad, who I dont talk to. Only now she isn't talking to my mom. So my mom is being nice to me, inviting me over for dinner and shit, but once I'm settled it's gonna be gg for her.
>>
>>1126975
I want to do this desu.

>TFW kissless virgin
I feel like this would be much easier with a gf.
>>
well, youll need to get one most likely. getting around by bus sucks.

most apartments have reviews online for that too. you can also take a tour of one to check it out first. dont just shack up with some random dude off the internet, that probably wont end well.

no nothing else really unless you have a specfic question, thats how i started life.

>howd you survive
got a job under the table at a landscaping company. after that season was over i got another job under the table at a restaurant. worked there until i was 18 and got a normal job after
>>
>>1126978
Just read through the thread. You have $25k faggot. Idk how you got that much so young without specifying, but i could live at my place for a year without my gf and without working if I had $25k. You really have no excuse. You don't seem like a bad guy, but you sound indecisive, and you sound like you need to grow up. Moving out would be good for you. And get some friends or you'll never get laid.

My $.02
>>
>>1126986
>You really have no excuse. You don't seem like a bad guy, but you sound indecisive, and you sound like you need to grow up. Moving out would be good for you. And get some friends or you'll never get laid.

Yes I am definitely lazy and indecisive.

One day I'll think of some cool ideas for making money on the internet and then go to sleep, when I wake up I tend to forget all about them and go back to shitposting or playing WoW.

>>1126980
Thanks.

I guess I was just more interested in like the budgeting and specifics aspect of moving out desu.

Moving out sounds like it would suck ass. So many things taken for granted... Hauling groceries/other shit on a bus and then in an elevator must be a pain in the fucking ass. How do people even do it?

Like if you buy a microwave you just take it on the bus with you and carry it around in a heavy box?
>>
why would it suck ass? you have the freedom of your own place dude. i could not even picture living with my parents. they would drive me insane.

as far as budgeting just write down what you spent in a notebook for a month. every single dollar. once youve got your baseline you can plan the following month based on that. rent, heat, electric, food, transportation etc.

and yes, youd take your microwave with you on the bus. its been years since ive taken a bus but i did it.
>>
>>1126994
Thanks bro.

I guess I'll go with it. I figure it's better to spend the $1500/mth or whatever for the freedom of not being dragged down by poorfag senpai.
>>
>>1125215
>Keep nagging me about getting a job and moving out and doing chores which further lowers my testosterone via cortisone

Hahahahahaha
That's the most 19 year old thing I have ever read. Combined with the Wojak, it's just perfect. Thanks for the lols OP!
>>
>>1127157
I meant cortisol

For some reason when I was posting on phone it suggested it

Anyway stress IS the biggest enemy of testosterone so it's not false
>>
>>1125215
you can't get a job because you are a lazy fuck, admit it. stop making excuses with all your first world problems, even illegal Mexicans can get jobs, why can't you when you have all the paper work and speak English perfectly
>>
>>1127167
Because they do physical labor for $3/hr. I can't compete.
>>
>>1125215
>>They keep telling me I should drop my Accounting major and just join Amway because they heard some people are making 6-figures doing it
>>Keep nagging me about getting a job and moving out and doing chores

These things aren't mutually exclusive. Plenty of people work full time jobs and take one class a semester. Or work part time and go to school part time.

In a sense your parents are right. You don't live somewhere like Finland where college is not only free, but the government gives students money to live on while going to school. Right in terms of Sanders saying the US is not like this.

As far as gf - why is some girl going to go for a guy in your miserable situation. Are you going to go for some girl whose fat and ugly? Girls aren't all looking for someone rich, but someone in your situation is not desirable.

You should do at least one class a semester, and beyond that, concentrate on working and then save as much as you can. The more you have saved the more you can do.

Also moving to a big city without a job is very, very dumb. Travel to the big city and look for a job. Maybe look for a way to stay there the first few weeks. Then when you start working, get an apartment - shared preferably.

The main thing is having money coming in all the time. Even if its minimum wage. And saving some of it. Also doing at least one class a semester, and doing well in it.
>>
>>1127206
>1 class a semester
>Takes 10 years to graduate
Lol

I don't know how to find a job
>>
>>1126597
www trulia com/property/3215596849-58-Mount-Vernon-Ave-Augusta-ME-04330

You could literally buy this,live in it, and immediately start to rent it.
>>
>>1127242
I am in canada
>>
>>1125215
You sound like a whiny cunt
>>
>>1125215
holy shit that sounds like 99/100 my parents. All I can say is keep-on chugging along--eventually you'll get your break. Here I am 27, and still a server (not even a fukin host), living with my parents. I managed to get something so simple as an A+ certificate (About $450, 3ish months study time), and I'm about to get a few new certificates, and now my employer is potentially considering promoting me as their IT coordinator--from waiter to IT coordinator; that's quite a promotion! If I get even the minimum payscale.com says, I should be able to afford a half decent apartment on my own, and now I'm feeling pretty good.

But before this, you have no idea (or maybe you do) how many times I looked out the window, looking at birds, plants, people passing by, envying them of how they're not locked into the same BS as me--thinking about how my life could have turned out if I had different parents. I've even had several thoughts of suicide. But like I suggested to you, just keep chugging along. Ignore whatever they say. Play along until they go away, and then go back to your own thing. Just stay in school; do what is for the best. Get SOMETHING that says you have a skill of some kind--otherwise you'll most likely not find that isn't flipping burgers or cleaning toilets--neither of which can afford a place of your own, even if you split a cheap-ass place with 3 or 4 roommates.

Just curious, were you home schooled?
>>
File: 344018.jpg (37 KB, 349x475) Image search: [Google]
344018.jpg
37 KB, 349x475
> join the army
> put current money in stocks
> start saving during 4 years service
> get out
> buy house
> get a job or use GI bill to study
>>
>>1127340
No I was not homeschooled.

And I know your feel about being jelly of others. Feels fucking bad man.
>>
>>1127163

I know what you meant, and yes it's not false but it's just funny how you stress over something you've read on the Internet. Don't worry about cortisol f.am
>>
>>1127340

What is an A+ certification anon? What do you currently work, what is your salary, and what did you study to get the job?

Oh and I agree throughly about the looking out of the window and looked at the birds who don't have to deal with bs...
>>
>>1125215
Kill your parents
Take house
Get away with murder

Done.
>>
>>1125215
Get a real job then, faggot.
>>
>>1128033
>be 25
>have low testosterone
>shits real senpai
>>
>>1127167
>not taking into account how many live in one house and how much that lowers the need for high pay
>>
>>1127210
>>1 class a semester
>>Takes 10 years to graduate
>Lol

I didn't say take one class a semester. I said take at least one class a semester. One is better than zero.

> I don't know how to find a job

Then getting a degree is pointless.
>>
Bump desu
>>
Move out faggot. Put degree on hold for <1 year if needed.
>>
>>1129228
I'll put your moms pussy on hold how about that fag

I can't fuxking move out I have no gf, no job and no friends
>>
Get some ethereum and stop bumping this shit thread
>>
>>1125215
Bump
>>
>>1129230
>I'll put your moms pussy on hold how about that fag
10/10 lmao
>>
>>1125215
>Keep nagging me about getting a job
what is wrong with this
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.