[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me how the wealth doesn't trickle >Rich person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: trickle-down.jpg (106 KB, 948x632) Image search: [Google]
trickle-down.jpg
106 KB, 948x632
Explain to me how the wealth doesn't trickle

>Rich person spends his money on consumption
>Money goes to providers of these goods/services and wages to their employees

>Rich person saves his money
>Money is invested directly or through a bank, creating new wealth (and jobs)
>>
>rich person stores wealth in an offshare bank account and pays no taxes

>rich person invests in assets that generate passive income by milking the poor (eg rent)

wealth trickles up. or rather it gets sucked up violently.
>>
>>1125042
You forgot:
>rich person could build a development of low income housing and get a 6% AR
>instead rich person places money in automated factory that creates a novelty product that gives an 7% AR and is only profitable because they rich person is not responsible for cleaning up the polution that is being pumped into the poorfags river.

Also rich people spend a smaller percentage of new income than poor people do. So increasing the wealth of the rich has quickly diminishing returns but increasing the wealth of the poor has a multiplier.
>>
>>1125047
>>1125078
That's why there's a huge incentive to get rich. All those benefits.
>>
>>1125096

the issue is that it gets more difficult with time as power and wealth becomes more and more consolidated. with automation on the rise it will be impossible to labor your way out of poverty, if it isn't already.
>>
It does and it doesn't

Half of all jobs in the US are from big businesses.

Liberals just don't understand that making a profit on your business is not evil and that hiding it offshore is the result of an extremely poor and inefficient tax policy.
>>
>>1125102
>the issue is that it gets more difficult with time as power and wealth becomes more and more consolidated

Not really.

It's pretty easy to become rich relative to just 50+ years ago, let alone hundreds of years ago to all of recorded history.

100+ years ago you literally COULD NOT become rich, if you weren't born into it. It simply could not occur, and the later we go the harder it was.
>>
>>1125121
>It's pretty easy to become rich relative to just 50+ years ago

no it isn't. people can't even get a house these days without taking out a 40 year mortgage. you probably think those handful of tech billionaires being trumped up in the media means its easy to become rich. they're literally one in a hundred million.
>>
>>1125121
Yep. Pretty much it has never been easier to become rich than it is today. Look at all the faggots selling apps that dont even do anything for millions. If I had to take a guess I would say it has become easier to become extremely wealthy while a bit harder to enter the middle class.

But I think this is just a phase that will pass in the grand scheme of things. The middle class was very strong during the 50s and 60s and agin during the 90s and early 00s, but there have been clear periods of income disparity inbetween. Things will turn eventually I'm sure, as they always have. Laws will be passed to restrict entry into the upper brackets or opportunity will run dry.
>>
>>1125131
>literally one in a hundred million
So there are 3 tech millionaires in the U.S.? Please stop
>>
>>1125131
>no it isn't. people can't even get a house these days without taking out a 40 year mortgage

I'm more getting at the fact that you can freely move places if it is bad somewhere and use the internet to make money.

You can literally save up (relatively) little money to buy a planeticket and work/study/immigrate to somewhere, for most of recorded history where you where born is where you would die, in that same town.

You can torrent every single book in existance with an internet connection a computer, that is actually incredible. Just take in the fact that you can learn nearly everything entirely for free.

You can start an internet business from anywhere in the world.

Most people take for granted how crazy it is that you can earn a living SELLING SHIT ON EBAY.

There's more opportunities than ever before in history, stop making excuses and saying why you can't do something.
>>
The more money you have, the more money you can make (interest rates).

Wealth may "trickle down", but it trickles down are so insignificant, poorfags will continue to complain they aren't getting anything.

EX: Interest rate is 5%, both people store money in the exact same type of account
>Mr. Moneybags has $1,000,000
>MM earns 5% interest
>MM just got $50,000

>Mr. Liberal Arts has $100
>LA earns 5% interest
>LA just got $5.

Couple this with the fact that wealthy people have tons of other investment options, trickling down really doesn't solve anything
>>
>>1125138
>There's more opportunities than ever before in history, stop making excuses and saying why you can't do something.

this isn't about me, I do fine for myself, but from a macro perspective there are billions of people who aren't smart or dedicated enough to teach themselves new technology and who are basically completely dispensable at this point. call them lazy or stupid or whatever but they exist and are being disenfranchised, and they're not going to go down without a fight.
>>
>>1125047
And what do you think that money is doing? Just sitting in a Swiss bank account earning 0% interest? Even money overseas is invested. Money invested is helping the US economy.
>>
>>1125135
>Pretty much it has never been easier to become rich than it is today. Look at all the faggots selling apps that dont even do anything for millions

Why look that far?

Look at people making fucking videos on youtube, selling useless shit on etsy or ebay and people who blog making tons of money.

>>1125143
It really is no different from any other point in time, is my point.

Back then it was called "nobility", those same "billions of people"(well millions due to population sizes but you get the point) where fucking farmers working 14 hours a week.

Only difference is back then you had to be born a prince. Now you can BECOME a prince.
>>
>>1125145

So we're doing better than medieval times but worse than 30, 40, 50 years ago. I can agree with that, but it still means we're regressing.
>>
>>1125155
No we are doing much better. If you look at the entire world as a whole, China and India barely had electricity 50 years ago. That's where most of the people in the world live and their lives have become exponentially better
>>
>>1125158
>>1125155
This also.

People seem to only notice that "Hey that richfag has 1000x more than me", but not how much higher our quality of life has elevated.

We're going much much better, life is improving for everyone. Sure there's wealth disparity, but it is irrelevant when most people are living fulfilling and decent lives.

The issue is what you compare it to.
>>
Rent
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.