[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is no one buying oil like crazy right now? It's low
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: car.jpg (84 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
84 KB, 575x431
Why is no one buying oil like crazy right now?

It's low as fuck, a huge fucking dip, and for years we have read stuff like "if oil use continues this way, we'll run out by 2100"

Wouldn't oil get super fucking expensive if it does run out in the future?
How is oil not an obvious buy?
>>
>>1124434
Because everyone will switch to electric cars and oil will become irrelevant.
>>
>>1124439
Except oil is used for plastic too, so what the fuck>
>>
File: TjUmXKb.png (15 KB, 744x497) Image search: [Google]
TjUmXKb.png
15 KB, 744x497
>why is nobody buying

What are you talking about you retarded nigger?
>>
>>1124434
There is risk of nationalization everywhere down the road. American oil corps are dicey, you could invest in some chink oil corps but they are not typically expansionist aggressive like Murika. South America has some corps. Options are sort of limited, tar goo corps might be good but some are still going bankrupt. Then again with some conflagration in the ME that will be the end of the dip.

>>1124439
wew, play toys for rich people, 1 billion internal combustion engines will not be replaced, civilization will crumble when the fossil fuels run out, why they want to get cracking on a global totalitarian carbonized police state now. There may be enough uber elites and inner city fleet operations to buy electric vehicles but that is a dicey investment too.
>>
>>1124434
Oil expires, and is relatively cheap for the quantities that you buy it in so storage actually becomes a significant cost
>>
>>1124467

Also the majority of oil goes towards commercial transportation and industrial, not consumer cars. Let me know when all the manufacturing plants in China turn to solar and Boeing goes electric.
>>
>>1124476
obviously no one goes out and buys literal barrels of oil, you invest in the companies that do the producing for you like Shell and shit.

fucking biz you retards even know how commodities work?

You think investing in gold means you hit the jeweler and buy literal nuggets of gold? fucking retards
>>
>>1124465
/thread
>>
>>1124462
Depending on which estimates you're looking at, plastic represents 4% to 6% of oil consumption, and improvements in quality and cost of vegetal polymers will probably bring that down.
But oil for transportation won't disappear anytime soon. Electric vehicles sales capped 1% of the vehicle market worldwide in 2015, highest ever.
>>
Agreed for obvious buy if you're willing to sit on it.
The current price is due to a price war more than renawable energy or economic growth concern, but said price war could go on for a while.
>>
>>1124524
>You think investing in gold means you hit the jeweler and buy literal nuggets of gold?

Well.................what if I did think that
>>
File: chrome_2016-03-06_01-28-19.png (53 KB, 834x494) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-03-06_01-28-19.png
53 KB, 834x494
Oil trusts still on a steep discount guys
>>
Anyone else $CRC here?
>>
>>1125597
You would use to start studying, if that were the case
>>
>>1124524

>You think investing in gold means you hit the jeweler and buy literal nuggets of gold? fucking retards

No, not the jeweler, the bullion dealer.
>>
You're looking at Returns in the multiples not in percentages.

Find your favorite companies and sell naked puts and put spreads to leverage into position.

My patience was rewarded with SDRL.
>>
>>1124439
Electric cars are seen as female shit, they won't be the standard for ages.
>>
>>1124434
>for years we have read stuff like "if oil use continues this way, we'll run out by 2100"

Do people seriously bought That? Theres still a shitton of oil we havent exploited yet. That was Just some great lie to make basic customers accepting paying so Much for oil.
>>
>>1124465
>price goes down
>500 bucks now buys more gallons due to lower price
>volume naturally goes up
>"hurr durr see! everyone's buying!"
>>
>>1124434
What you're thinking of is futures.
It wouldn't be profitable to buy thousands or millions of drums of oil to sit on.
>>
>>1125929
Might be some of that but reality is also a factor, modern world runs on oil and gas and will until it collapses into another dark age.

Do you think they drill in the ocean and dig up tar goo because there is a lot of sweet light crude left? Shit, originally they would just burn off the natural gas now it prevents a billion people from freezing every winter. Throw in the fact totalitarian world governments - UN - Pope of Rome are honing in on controlling remaining reserves under a climate meme fraud, its not a bad investment. It's going to be a hairy 21st century without major resource wars and plagues. Then again, a huge plague and die off of billions is about the only thing that could kill demand now.

Truth be told, the Sauds can't slow production now because of massive seawater injection programs, millions of barrels a day. If they stop the fields are fucked.
>>
>>1124434
But I am. Ive been telling you guys to buy oil stocks since June
>>
>>1124434
Jevons go to bed your theory on coal does not hold.
>>
>>1126015
Time to take off the tin foil there m8
>>
Why is no one buying ETH like crazy right now?

It's low as fuck, a huge fucking dip, and for years we have read stuff like "if ETH use continues this way, we'll run out by 2100"

Wouldn't ETH get super fucking expensive if it does run out in the future?

How is ETH not an obvious buy?
>>
>>1126073
Damn, I was hoping for something more intelligent from you lad.

Yeah, you are probably right. Most people in the world live without much fossil fuel, in squalor, misery, ignorance and poverty, everything is subjective that way. It could dip more before its all over, at least that's what I'm banking on.
>>
>>1126088
Because it sucks ass.
>>
>>1126088
Because oil is actually fucking used
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.