[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good degree investment for someone who isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: bman.jpg (20 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
bman.jpg
20 KB, 230x230
What's a good degree investment for someone who isn't very strong in math courses?
>>
>>1124417
what do you like
>>
>>1124445
Let's assume I don't have interests
>>
>>1124417
Gender studies
>>
Finance requires nothing more than elementary maths. It's not engineering or experimental science.
>>
>>1124480
Depends on what you're doing in "finance"

>>1124445
Accounting is actually pretty underrated, it's not as boring as it looks, maybe something like geology or botany idk
If you want to make money you need to do math, accounting might be your best bet though
>>
File: 1448293475151.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448293475151.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
>>1124490
So is it possible to improve in math? Every time I say I struggled with calculus the response is "you're born getting it or not getting it enjoy you mcdonalds job" and never get serious advice.
>>
>>1124580
lol at people say it comes naturally.
That's an inside joke that people who are good at math tell those who believe they suck. Math = practice. If you spend 3-3.5 hrs a day practicing math, you'll do fine...just don't fall behind.
>>
>>1124490
Geology often requires a lot more math than typical degrees.
>>1124580
Yes. You can learn math. If you take the time and try to make connections and take an interest, you can get it. If you believe that some people are only born with it then you will go nowhere because you constantly doubt yourself and chalk up complex functions with ineptitude
>>
>>1124417
Finance is in a bubble of epic proportions. Be wary.
>>
Economics is a great degree, 200k yr starting if you can sell yourself right
>>
>>1124580
that's fucking ridiculous. I almost failed at calc I because I simply didn't work smart enough. Then I put the work in trying to learn how to learn, and coupled with a lot of hard work and long hours I got an A in calc 2, 3 and 4. ANYONE can get good at calculus if they practice enough and they work *BOTH* hard and smart (Again, BOTH hard and smart). I'm not saying it's easy, but it's definitely doable. Now, if you're not mathematically gifted you probably won't prove some revolutionary new theorem or do very well in graduate level abstract maths, but any old schmuck can learn enough undergraduate math (calc, linear alg, diff eq and statistics) to be useful, hell, even be good at engineering, applied sciences, finance etc. anything that requires a good deal of math.

Now let me stress this one last time: It's totally doable for everyone that's not clinically retarded, but it will hurt. Probably a lot. The choice is yours.
>>
>>1124750
>tfw C in calc 1
>>
File: leo_cuckstoy.jpg (32 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
leo_cuckstoy.jpg
32 KB, 360x203
>>1124417
Killing yourself. Math is basically the only thing good about being alive. Being bad at it means you are a useless degenerate. Pic related.
>>
>>1124753
yeah and I got an E. Still got an A in the next 3 calc courses.

Besides a C isn't all that bad, although you should be able to get a B.
>>
>>1124762
Is this ironic?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.