[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the internet goes down, does Bitcoin become worthless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: jizz on ur face.jpg (110 KB, 455x700) Image search: [Google]
jizz on ur face.jpg
110 KB, 455x700
If the internet goes down, does Bitcoin become worthless?
>>
No, you will just sign encrypted transactions by carrier pidgeon and solve sha256 hashes with a sliderule

Bitcoin is information not the means of transporting that information.
>>
>>1124375
magic money does not become worthless.
>>
>>1124375
>become worthless
>become>>1124375
>>
>>1124379

you're joking, but people have actually done bitcoin transactions by radio
>>
>>1124375
Bitcoin is becoming worthless on its own. It doesn't need the help of the internet.
>>
>>1124708
I know. I wasnt joking
>>
>>1124387

So, does that mean shit like Bitcoin and Ethereum only have worth as long as the internet is up and running?
>>
>>1124905
Ethercuck will always live on as long as it is in our hearts and minds.
>>
>>1124907
Nethercuck will commit sepuku
>>
>>1124929
Just buy some ethercuck.
>>
>>1124379
10/10 post anon. Loled hard.
>>
What do you mean "become worthless"

It already is worthless.

No one buys shit with cryptos because if you're retarded enough to buy them to begin with, then it means you believe that the $8 you paid the pizza boy will be worth $1,000,000 next week.

Do you think MS has sold a single copy of Windows through BTC?

None of the current cryptos have any chance at being anything more than a speculative currency that only neets and chinese neet tech grinding farmers care about

Look at these ether shills
>muh technology
>replacing useless fiat
>to duh moon
>revolutionary

Despite that, they are all waiting for these shitcoins to pump up so that they can cash out their revolutionary shitcoins for that supposedly useless fiat currency.
>>
>>1124929
Cool man. I didnt even know there was a nethercoin. I googled it and it looks interesting. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>1125058
Explain how a Already Worthless BTC ever rise to the price of $1000+ please.
I'm honestly curious.

People can't stop laughing at BTC and claim that it's useless, worthless.
And whatever u said make hell lot of sense to me as well.
But BTC did make it to $1000 and even by today, it's $400.
Pretty amazing for a currency that have no other purpose (buying stuffs/etc) besides of buying and selling them online.

I hope someone could explain the logic behind it to me please. Thanks.
>>
Here's another question.

What happens to the real money you used to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum if the internet goes down and all systems get wiped?
>>
>>1125062
>Explain how a Already Worthless BTC ever rise to the price of $1000+ please.

Same reason gold goes up. Pure speculation

Look at how much of that 1k rise was due to pure manipulation in order to trick neets and lolbertarians. Notice how it still has never even got half of that back after the exchange manipulating it crashed.

I don't give a shit if anyone wants to meme around with cryptos. I'm sure you can even make a little cash off of it if you get out early enough, but lets not pretend that these are not pump n dumps that will leave a ton of people as bag holders in the end.
>>
>>1125128
Vendors are accepting Bitcoin in many cases. Of course they turn around and resell it immediately most likely. I don't doubt it might eventually go to zero but eh.. what you're saying just isn't true.
>>
>>1124375
>If the internet goes down
>>1125073
>if the internet goes down and all systems get wiped

What happens to your Visa debit card? Your bank account? The economy? What the fuck does it matter if the internet suddenly disappears? What happens to BTC if an asteroid slams into the Earth? What happens to BTC if terminators start coming from the future?
>>
>>1125186

You can still go to a bank and get your money if the internet is out.

Can you say the same for Bitcoin?
>>
>>1125198
But you can't. I don't have cash in the bank, I have numbers on a computer. You asked what happens if all of the computers are wiped. They won't know how much money I have or even if I'm a customer without the computer system. I suppose my debit card would prove I banked with them before the great internet and computer wipe of 2016, but other than that, I'd have nothing because I don't even get paper statements.
>>
>>1125198

no you can't. they won't have access to the databases that store customer accounts.

banks are actually much more vulnerable to losing data than crypto.
>>
>>1125200
>>1125203

You guys are slow.

Banks can use phones to verify all that stuff.

Let's not forget the FDIC.
>>
>>1125207
You just asked what happens if all the systems get wiped . The systems storing customer data will also be wiped.

the difference is that blockchain data is stored across the entire globe while bank data is stored at a handful of data centers.
>>
>>1125207
The bank stores account balances on the computer systems. They don't keep cash for each customers. The possibility that the internet goes down and all of the bitcoin ledgers are erased is much smaller than a single bank's systems being compromised. You are asking what happens in basically an armageddon scenario. There is no point in protecting yourself from these risks.
>>
>>1125212
>>1125210

The banks don't need the internet, though.

Real money is still valuable without the internet.
>>
>>1125217
So you plan everything on whether or not it's useful once society has collapsed?
>>
>>1125219

No.

I just doubt the usefulness and viability of Bitcoin.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.