[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
**DISCLAIMER** This isn't the only method to buy ETH bu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: quick ETH.jpg (614 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
quick ETH.jpg
614 KB, 1680x1050
**DISCLAIMER**
This isn't the only method to buy ETH but it is easy and you don't have to go out and meet strangers. It's also a way to get an extra $10 by using my referral link. :) We both benefit.

1. Sign up for Coinbase using my referral link: https://www.coinbase.com/join/56ba47303bfa9c2cab00058e

2. Make sure you link your bank account on Coinbase.

3. *IMPORTANT* Secure your account with a credit card so you can buy Bitcoin instantly! You can buy Bitcoin through Coinbase without a CC but it will take DAYS. They don't charge the CC but it allows them to trust that you're not linking bogus info.

4. Once everything is confirmed and entered buy some Bitcoin. Make sure you don't buy more than your instant buy limit unless you're OK with waiting for your bank to clear your funds.

5. Send your Bitcoin to an exchange like Poloniex.

6. Buy your ETH!

7. *OPTIONAL* Store your ETH in a wallet of your choosing so it's not just sitting on en exchange. MyEtherWallet is nice and easy. You can keep your ETH on an exchange like Poloniex if you are comfortable with that.

As of right now the price of ETH is holding steady at around $9.50. My guess is that you have a day or 2 at this level while it tests the new price. Homestead release (a stable release of Ethereum) is happening on 3/14 and most people agree this will cause the price to go up.
>>
This is your board now /biz.
>>
>>1124180
Fucking great post m8. Also, tell them about how you can buy it through localbitcoins so you can get it faster and cheaper. They need to jump on ethercuck ASAP before it goes to moon in the next hour.
>>
>>1124180

Just use shapeshift.io
Accepts your deposit after 1 confirmation or even if its unconfirmed, sends you the exchanged rate to your ether wallet address in less than 5 mins.

Might have worse rates than the exchange but I'm not dealing with that shit.
>>
>>1124192

For those who don't know, he's referring to using Shapeshift.io instead of Poloniex. In that case, you'd make a wallet on something like MyEtherWallet THEN have Shapeshift convert your Bitcoin to ETH and send it to your wallet.
>>
>>1124200
This.

Also I recommend people look into the Ethereum Mist Wallet (official wallet). Hear people saying it's much more secure than the more experimental javascript wallets (which have security vulnerabilities). Get a linux distro and set up Mist on it for decent security compared to Windows.
>>
>implying your everyday person is gonna do all this shit
I cant imagine the goal of these scam coins is ever to go mainstream if it takes 10 fucking steps of computer hacking to actually buy them. Enjoy your pump and dump
>>
>>1124214

Lazy, broke nocoiner detected

REE
REE
REE
REEEEEEE
>>
>>1124214
It's not released yet. If it were easy to buy ETH right now the price would be higher and you wouldn't be getting in on the ground floor. Jump through a hoop or 2 to buy at a lower price. Also, I feel sorry for you if you think this is difficult.
>>
File: 1416603765932.png (36 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
1416603765932.png
36 KB, 375x360
>>1124214
>10 fucking steps of computer hacking to actually buy them
Literally the lowest IQ post I have read all week.
>>
It seems like a lot of work but realistically it's only 2 steps just explained in more detail.

1. Buy Bitcoin
2. Exchange for ETH
>>
>>1124180
Joshua Mangini
>>
a) Ethereum is a viable technology and a digital currency platform that people are going to actually use for various useful purposes.

b) Ethereum is a get rich quick investment scheme, like Bitcoin all over again, where you will 100 times back what you put into it, but only if you BUY NOW!

Pick one, motherfuckers.
>>
>>1124239
Yeah, this. Volatility is fucking awful for a currency. If it's gonna be useful it needs to settle somewhere.
>>
Also, have any of you guys turned your ETH back into USD? How much computer hacking does this require?
>>
>>1124255
>IBM is creating their own blockchain currency

What should we think about this? any concern?
>>
>>1124255
ETH -> Bitcoin -> USD

When Ethereum is actually released it will be ETH -> USD within a month.
>>
File: train-wreck.jpg (255 KB, 2000x1340) Image search: [Google]
train-wreck.jpg
255 KB, 2000x1340
>>1124255
Nah it only goes one way, that's part of the magic.. didn't you know? Besides, why would you ever want to turn your precious Ethereum into dirty MONEY eww.

Aren't you going to hold it forever? I can only imagine what all of you cuks trying to cash out your ether at once would look like.. pic related.
>>
>>1124286
This. You only buy ethercucks. Never sell them.
>>
Why is there so much salt on /biz/ about ETH?
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 720x1280
Well, this is an excellent guide OP.

Me personally, having shilled ETH on /biz/ for over 3 months now, think that it's a bit overdone on this board.

Everyone who visits /biz/ who was gonna buy etherc-ethereum has already done so. So I for one am going to slow down my own personal shilling and only come in to occasionally post some news about ethereum and provide aome intellectual backup.

I suggest expanding to other boards or other sites, facebook, twitter etc. Shill the shit out of the normies from now on.
Happy shilling.
>>
>>1124286
>hold it forever
Sounds like a great "currency"
>>
>>1124303
Woops wrong photo.

To clarify, my initial aim was not to transform /biz/ into shill central, but instead to get some of the NEETS on here in on ethereum on the ground floor.

Remember, this is going to get a whole lot bigger over the next 12 months and you guys are the privileged few to hear about it before the masses. If you HODL hard great wealth will come your way.

T. Ethershill prime.
>>
>>1124303

I agree. There are so many people asking how to buy ETH I figured I'd make it easy to do so and get a few extra bucks for myself and for the newbies.
>>
>>1124315
You're my fucking hero. Without you I wouldnt even know about ethercuck.

>HODL hard
What a terrific motto. If everyone just held and never sold ever we will all be rich. The problem is these weak hands that keep selling and trading ethercuck for worthless cash. Its like they dont have faith in what were trying to do here. Oh well. There is no cure for stupidity.
>>
>>1124315
>Ethershill prime
What a sweet fucking name. You're like our leader of the Autobot cryptocucks. I don't know how you even come up with stuff like this. That other anon is right. You are a bonafide hero.
>>
>>1124326
>>1124330
You guys are alright too. Have fun.

By the way saying the word cuck over and over and typing it is quite psychologically damaging. I'm too far gone for it to have an effect on me but you have your young lives ahead of you, go careful.
>>
>>1124180
or you can do this, so much faster
medium.com/@ethereumvn
>>
>>1124239
It's both. It has actual application AND thug can get insanely rich off of it.
>>
wtf

coinbase is saying that i can buy btc for $410 but sell it for >$500...

is this a glitch/arbitrage/????
>>
>>1124403
Glitch probably

Btc is fucked buy ETH
>>
File: 1441346050907.gif (937 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1441346050907.gif
937 KB, 720x405
>$ 10.10

IT'S HAPPENING

>http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/
>>
I don't have a credit card...how do i get instant bitcoin?
>>
>>1124591
Localbitcoins

Many payment options there
>>
File: eth to the moooooon.jpg (119 KB, 623x623) Image search: [Google]
eth to the moooooon.jpg
119 KB, 623x623
god DAMN Ethereum is unstoppable

Bitcoin dropping and Ethereum is mooning
>>
If you're trying to buy this dip now's your chance!
>>
What do you use to sell BTC to USD?
>>
>>1125172
Bitcoin has been in deadlock over transaction size increase for months now. Noone wants to take the make it or break it decision, even inside the Core/Classic orgs. Vitalik on the other hand can guide Ethereum with an iron fist of his skeletal hand, so there won't be problems such as 3h transactions for days with no decision in sight. Once China will catch wind that bitcoins won't be going up on halving, where do you think they'll pump their money? Ethereum.
>>
>tfw only 10 ETH

NEED A DIP

It's mooning already.
>>
>>1124288
I am now the (proud?) owner of 10.5 ethercucks which has a current value of 113$
>>
>>1125521
holy balls now its worth 116.75$ only 4 minutes later. IM RICH
>>
If you're still on the fence about this...WHY?!
>>
>>1124180
So what is the best way to buy ETH? This one of the OP's?
>>
>prepare everything to buy eth months ago
>don't actually buy any
>mfw its now at 10,5

Its hurts so much
>>
File: goodbye real world.jpg (30 KB, 390x314) Image search: [Google]
goodbye real world.jpg
30 KB, 390x314
>mfw I'm just playing around with cryptos and turn $55 into $93 without even trying.
>>
Who use Kraken? I bought BTC, now how to acquire ETH?
>>
>>1125696
shapeshift.io
>>
>>1125724
how to withdraw in eur?
>>
>>1125725
Sell it for EUR.
>>
Should I use MyEtherWallet or Mist wallet ?
>>
>>1125735
I started with myetherwallet and switched to mist. I like both but I like mist more. myetherwallet if you are always on the go.
>>
File: 1419456131837.png (429 KB, 768x710) Image search: [Google]
1419456131837.png
429 KB, 768x710
How legit is coinbase?
I've been using circle but wanted more BTC, but there seems to be quite a lot of negative reviews for coinbase around the net

I just made an account and instantly got a $1000 limit

Might go all in to buy ETH
>>
>>1125646
People were hyping LTC too. And FTC and Doge. They were nothing just like this.
>>
>>1125752

If you end up using Coinbase (it's what I use) consider using my referral link in OP. :>
>>
Ether is dipping hard right now. Why did I buy 70 ethercucks today. Reeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1125752
Is that total limit or instant limit?

My instant limit is a paltry $100, since my credit card has a low limit because $500 is all I thought I'd need?
>>
>>1126404

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a simple correction.

Everyone else, BUY THIS DIP!
>>
ETH will drop to 0.027-0.025 and go back to 0.029-0.030 and then drop again to 0.025-0.023
>>
>/biz/ says ETH is a guaranteed profit
>bought ~$1600 worth of ETH
>mfw this happens literally 10 minutes later
>>
Can we talk about exchanges?

Specifically, which exchange is the

- fastest (time)
- cheapest (% markup)
>>
Hey guys. I set up the official Ethereum Wallet as well as AlethOne and have had it mining in the bg all day. From what I'm reading in the wallet, I can't actually get the money in my account until I set up a wallet contract, but to do that costs ether. Am I wrong? Will it send the ether to the reward address (my primary wallet address) whenever it finishes up? Both of the bars are at the 50%ish mark.

Sorry for the billion questions, I'm new to this and most of the documentation is written from a very technical point of view and doesn't really explain well enough for a complete beginner.
>>
>>1124180
nethercucks btfo
>>
>>1126510
Stfu faggot. Ethercucks didnt get BTFO. Its still going to the moon.
>>
>>1126415
ouch. me too but only another $100
>>
--ATTENTION--

DIP IN PROGRESS. I REPEAT, DIP IN PROGRESS. COMMENCE BUYING.

--END COMMUNICATION--
>>
>>1126558
>PLEASE STOP MY ETHER FROM NOSEDIVING!
>>
tried to buy but couldnt even figure out how to buy bitcoin /failatlife
>>
>>1126727
iktfb
>>
>>1126727
>>1126742

You couldn't follow the process in OP? It's pretty clear.
>>
Anyway I just did that stuff in OP and it worked...the extra ten bux is nice. As soon as the bitcoin confirms on poloniex I'm waiting for the next dip lol
>>
>>1126811
After I verified my email, and input the account information. It just refreshes to the same page. Tried multiple machines, browsers /shrug
>>
Do I gotta wait 2 fuggin days for coin base to send that fake charge thingy?
>>
>>1126827
That part took like 20 minutes for me. I guess that depends on your bank.
>>
>>1126820
Stop it OP its pathetic that you have to samefag to get referral money.
>>
>>1126830
I'm going to commit suicide if this bullshit bank financial student account won't link
>>
>>1126831
?

>>1126843
honestly it doesn't matter if it takes a little bit since i feel like ethereum is here to stay
>>
anyone else wanna refer met o something other than coinbase that actually lets me sign up?
>>
>>1126853
you can buy irl from localbitcoins for a little more money
>>
How much larger do you expect it to grow?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.