[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shorting bitcoin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
What is the simplest way to short bitcoins?

If the ethereum train takes off I would like to capitalize on bitcoin's collapse.
>>
Most crypto exchanges offer shorting.
>>
but if eth is tied to btc won't a rise in demand for eth create a rise in demand for btc as well?
>>
>>1122821
Not really BTC is only the gateway to ETH. When you buy BTC with dollars and then buy ETH you are effectively selling BTC straight away.

If everyone converted their BTC to ETH there would be a massive supply of useless BTC and the price of it would go to $0.01. And the ETH price would go to $100
>>
>>1122868
This. Ethercuck is the new buttcoin. You heard it here from me first guys.
>>
>>1122889
Shut up faggot. Why do you have to be such a buzzkill? You are turning away people that might be interested in buying. What is your deal? You have made like 20 posts in the last hour.
>>
>>1122893
Lel. I made like 2 posts. I don't know who made the other ones. I'm just soooo excited about ethercuck that I had to join in on the fun.
>>
>>1122889
>>1122893
Team rocket of nocoiners right here
>>
>>1122898
Fuck off. If this becomes an actual thing then thats fucked up. We do not make fun of you for not buying do we?
>>
>>1122904
Why would you? I'm not a nocoiner. I'm an ethercuck lover.
>>
>>1122603
I would like to know this too.
>>
>>1122868

With that logic, the US dollar and every other currency would be worthless.
>>
>>1123768
Well, if everyone dumped USD for ETH then it would be.
>>
>>1123854
I definitely would dump all my USD for ethercuck.
>>
>>1122616
>>1122821
>>1122868
>>1122889
>>1122899
>>1122899
>>1122904
>>1122907
>>1123768
>>1123854
>>1123878
For the love of god children!
Stop being ADHD crackheads and answer OP's question please because I am very curious about this.
>Kraken does not offer shorting right?
>>
Damn I was hoping to come back see at least one insightful reply. If we can ride the train both ways then we can all be driving lambos
>>
>>1123764
medium.com/@ethereumvn
>>
>>1122868
erm no!

you've got no net BTC position in that scenario... you were long bit coins when you bought them, you're then no longer long when you bought the ETH - your BTC position is flat, at no point are you 'short' - you've bought and then sold
>>
>>1124859
You're an idiot.

If EVERYBODY Converted bitcoin in to ETH what do you think the price of BTC would be?
>>
>>1122603
>What is the simplest way to short bitcoins?

depends where you're located - if you're not in the US then you can use a spreadbetting firm and essentially trade an OTC futures cont5ract on BTC - for example spreadex offers a BTC/USD contract. IG Index offers CFDs for BTC vs other major currencies - USD, EUR, GBP and JPY
>>
>>1124863
re-read my post again you spastic and figure out which part of the post I was referring to - if you think there is something incorrect with what I've posted then you're free to offer a legit argument to it... instead you've made a comment that is completely irrelevant to what I've said
>>
>>1122893
>stop talking people out of pumping my cuckcoin

Fuck off con man.
>>
>>1124863
A few hundred. Remember, there are much more ETHs in circulation than Butts.
>>
>>1124863
>>1125193

yes, but if eth takes off it will be bigger than bitcoin.

bitcoin had its name dragged through the mud and was shunned by banks and tech corporations, but eth is loved by them.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.