[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many of you would be interested if i started something like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: 1438748403113.jpg (45 KB, 497x356) Image search: [Google]
1438748403113.jpg
45 KB, 497x356
how many of you would be interested if i started something like a weekly general finance and valuation tutorial?
>>
>>1121138
I would be, is it free?
>>
>>1121141
you just have to pay attention
>>
>>1121143
Will there be quizzes and tests?

Do it breh. What are your qualifications tho
>>
>>1121145
i thought i'd base the quizzes on basic excel models (or just parts of models in the beginning) that you can download and try to do on your own after each session or whatever

b.s. in finance
equity research analyst
cfa level 3
>>
>>1121149
Kewl do it breh.

Can I use Libreoffice for it though?

I do not use Windows, only Debian Linux.
>>
>>1121164
as long as libreoffice has similar functionality as excel, i don't see what the problem might be. if you can open .xls files and use them normally, you should be fine. although if you do run into trouble, i don't know how i would be able to help you.
>>
Well? Is this going to be happening breh
>>
>>1121171
Oh dumb clover wasn't shoeing ur reply until I posted again.

It has many different better features than MS office but kind of missing some proprietary stuff like different macros etc.

Fucking industry standards man.
>>
Pls come on back anon
>>
>>1121138
Yes
>>
>>1121138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7ruLqU_ndw
>>
>>1121227
hello

i'll post this again or bump it tomorrow to gauge interest
>>
>>1121281
Pls do im a bored NEET
>>
>>1121149
>b.s. in finance
>equity research analyst
>cfa level 3
Prove it. We're not gonna get catfished by some shitskin NEET.
>>
Is this happening or what senpai
>>
>>1121138
yes i'd be interested
>>
Definitely interested. If you start, trips would help knowing you're the same guy across different threads.
Extra bump for valuation tutorial.
>>
File: 1438419063326.png (63 KB, 1191x585) Image search: [Google]
1438419063326.png
63 KB, 1191x585
>>1121138
Interested
>>
>>1121610
>>1121873
>>1122015
>>1122325
ok cool. im thinking of uploading materials on saturdays or sundays since those are the only times i'll be free.

can i assume everyone is familiar with basic finance concepts like time value of money or is that something i should quickly run through as well? was thinking i would jump right into valuation basics this coming weekend if most of you are familiar with basics.

also idk how to trip
>>
>>1122357
Very interested, unfortunately I am not familiar with basics of finance.
I really appreciate your willingness to educate us.
>>
>>1122357
Look at the FAQ on 4chin, you just type [name]##[phrase that will act as password] in the name section
>>
>>1122402
Read it on investopedia brah. It's quick and simple to learn
>>
>>1121138
If it is free I would be so interested and I would tell my friends as well.
>>
>>1122357
Senpai is this happening?

Make a chat or something and tell us when to be tuned in.
>>
>>1122787
sure, i think i'll do a very quick and brief finance basics lesson this coming weekend. i dont want to make a chat or anything just yet, so just stay tuned.
>>
>>1122856
>i'll do a very quick and brief finance basics lesson this coming weekend

>4chan tunes in to watch a 12 year old cut-and-paste from investopedia
>>
File: thnku.gif (497 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thnku.gif
497 KB, 480x360
>>1122357
>>1122357
Thanks, OP. We need more people like you on this board.
How to trip:
http://www.4chan.org/faq#trip
I'll keep an eye out for the first tutorial.

>>1122897
>I haven't seen the post yet
>I will still bitch about it
>Because my superior knowledge is innate and doesn't come for pre-existing source.
>Because everyone is grateful, but I'm a special little snowflake.

Is there a word for being salty and edgy at the same time?
>>
>>1123184
We've had people show up this board claiming all sorts of things. People have claimed to be be company presidents, and big-time investors, and professional traders, and anything else that would catch the attention of the majority of poorfags who lurk the board.

VERY, very few of these claims have ever panned out. When pressed, almost none of these catfishers can deliver.

You can be a kiss ass all you want, but its pretty stupid considering you don't even know if the ass your kissing in the ass it claims to be. Stop being such a gullible baby.
>>
>>1123206
So?

He could be lying, but most of our times wouldn't be spent much better so we might as well give him a chance and see what it's all about.

It's free, we only lose our time if anything and let's be real here. Our time is pretty fucking worthless.
>>
>>1123206
He should know. Huge possibilty you are responding to iHaz. You can tell by his "special snowflake" comment.
>>
>>1123210
Well if it is him you can be sure that most of the other threads, including OPs are probably made by him too. Dude loves to samefag.
>>
>>1123211
>threads
I meant posts in this thread.
>>
>>1123209
>It's free, we only lose our time if anything and let's be real here.
I see your point, but there's harm even if it doesn't cost you anything but time. Bad information, or partially correct but misleading information, is substantially more harmful than no information at all. It's the same reason why no sticky is better than a bad sticky.

>>1123210
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but no one has a copyright on "special snowflake." You sound like an idiot.

>>1123210
>>1123211
Saaaaaaamefag.
>>
>>1123213
Cmon.

Most of us here are NEETs. At our point any information that sounds legit is better then none at all.
>>
>>1123213
Yea but iHaz is the only one on this board that ever uses the term "special snowflake" that I know of.
>>
>>1123213
Why do you get so pissed off when people catch you iHaz? Just be more slick next time.
>>
>>1123217
>At our point any information that sounds legit is better then none at all.
Yikes. Stay off /pol/ or you'll be signing up for Stormfront within 10 minutes. Even if you're black.

>>1123221
>>1123225
Saaaaaaamefag.
>>
>>1123234
I meant relating to Finance.

And it'd be pretty obvious if OP was just making shit up or actually knew something anyway.
>>
>>1123237
Well I don't know who this ihaz person is, but I guess we'll see if he knows anything or not. I just tend to be skeptical when people make claims and don't post any proof.
>>
>>1123245
Why is your style of writing so much similar to his?

I have studied forensics extensively and I can tell that your writing style in these posts matches his style in posts written just a few days ago without a doubt.

Care to explain, not iHaz?
>>
>>1123245
>We've had people show up this board claiming all sorts of things. People have claimed to be be company presidents, and big-time investors, and professional traders, and anything else that would catch the attention of the majority of poorfags who lurk the board.
You talk about tripfags and catfishing but you dont know who iHaz is right? Kek. There are baaaarely any tripfags on this board and only 1 or 2 that post regularly. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>1123249
>>1123251
Saaaaaaamefag.

I'm don't understand why you're so mad. All I did was be skeptikal about someone claiming to be a financial analyst and finance expert. You need to gt a life.
>>
>>1123252
Silly iHaz. I don't care what you are trying to do in this thread. I just popped in to say hi.
>>
>>1123245
ihaz has dropped so much knowledge on /biz/
>>
>>1121138
Sure why not. Try it

>>1123206
>implying any of them want to deliver at all

I own a company that is in the top 10 of my field in the US. Do I care enough to prove to you how much I make, what field I'm in or the fact that I own it? No, I don't. Unless it has a direct real world benefit for me I wouldn't be interested - 4chan cred isn't enough. In fact sometimes the trolling is funnier than delivering.

At the end of the day though, does it matter? This is 4chan not a research paper. We don't need sources. It's entertainment.

I know it's hard for you to believe successful or what you would consider wealthy people might bump shoulders with you on here, but they might. You never know. So stop projecting your NEET nonsense.
>>
>>1123252
Skepticism is fine.
Waiting for content to actually be posted before badmouthing it is also fine.
However basic the tutorials are, I'm sure some will benefit of them. You being condescending and sour to come across as too cool for school benefits no one.
You don't like the thread, skip it.
>>
wow what happened here
>>
>>1123261
>Do I care enough to prove to you how much I make, what field I'm in or the fact that I own it?
You cared enough to claim all three things. So obviously you care a great deal.

Is this some kind of reverse pychoology bullshit? Maybe people will believe you if you tell them in advance that you don't care if they believe you. Wow ... next level faggotry.

>>1123277
Great argument. I'm gonna go post a series of gun safety lectures on /k/ even though I've never fired a weapon, then a critical analysis of chinese cartoons on /a/ even though I dont watch anime, and maybe 50 threads with recipes on /ck/ even thugh I burn hotockets in the microwave. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

>>1123258
>>1123280
Saaaaaaamefag.
>>
>>1123210
>You can tell by his "special snowflake" comment
>pic related
>2008
>literally a meme

You're not just a newfag, you must have discovered Internet last week.
>>
>>1121138
I would op
>>
>>1123286
>point
>your head

iHaz the night janitor, trolling again. Poorly. :^)
>>
>>1123314
Does iHaz just lie about his money?

Kind of doubt someone with that much money would be trolling NEETs so investedly and so often.
>>
>>1123314
>>1123318
Saaaaaaamefag
>>
>>1123321
>He's still here
>Still posting le samefag meme as damage control
>He is actively refreshing the thread to catch any new responses
>>
>>1123298
>literally a meme
That doesnt mean it isnt a played out meme that hasnt really been used in years. It came from fight club which only an old lamefag would still be quoting. Its super easy to spot lamefags because they use old played out phrases. The samefagging was also a pretty big clue to who you were. Don't be so defensive though its not a big deal. I'm sure everyone knows you samefag and post a lot anyways.
>>
>>1123318
With how much he samefags he loses a ton of credibility for me. You noticed how all the sudden he got all worked up when we called him out? Lmfao
>>
File: iHazisafag.png (50 KB, 684x525) Image search: [Google]
iHazisafag.png
50 KB, 684x525
>>1123318
No not necessarily. I do it all the time in between games of Agar when I'm bored.

>>1123321
Just because you do it doesn't mean we all do sweetheart. You've got nothing but a portfolio pic you snapped while cleaning the trash can by someones desk kiddo.
>>
>>1123325
>>1123326
>>1123351
Correct me if I'm wrong, samefag, but since you change your IP, your screenshot proves nothing.

I take it back. It proves you're an idiot.

I don't care about ihaz or his finance lessons anymore. I'm just having fun watching you lose your shit.
>>
>>1123365
Thanks for the lesson on how to samefag. You would know after all. :^)
>>
File: 90000 mad.png (315 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
90000 mad.png
315 KB, 500x738
I don't know who is the samefag here, but I swear I hate the fucking idiot who is trying to scare away an anon willing to teach others finance just because he wants to keep /biz/ idiot enough to scam others.
>>
>>1123372
Since you seem obsessed with the guy, is this ihaz for real or not? He claims to have:

>b.s. in finance
>equity research analyst
>cfa level 3

Are these lessons going to be worthwhile?
>>
>>1123387
>implying
Just stop already. The jig is up.
>>
>>1123387
>Are these lessons going to be worthwhile?

Unlikely but it's worth a shot for the keks. 30 cryptocrap threads and one robinpoor thread gets old. Variety is the spice of life as they say. So why not?
>>
>>1123405
Why is op called ihaz?
>>
File: 1456776592944.gif (465 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1456776592944.gif
465 KB, 320x180
>>1123408
>>
>>1123425
>dank meme
Answer the question faggot
>>
>>1123408
im not ihaz
>>
>>1124388
A LIKELY STORY, IHAZ
>>
>>1121138
like a stream on youtube? That would be a great idea
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.