[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Change first name?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: MTf2FkL.jpg (66 KB, 400x482) Image search: [Google]
MTf2FkL.jpg
66 KB, 400x482
>first name is italian
>i am not even italian
>my parents are russian/polish like my surname ('Kozak')
I want to change my first name and maybe get a second one since I will be moving to Munich (yes, born and raised in Germany) to study economy where nobody knows me.

I just feel like I got better chances in business/life without a ridiculous italian name in combination with a russian/polish surname.

My problem is that I just cant find a good name. I need something neutral which wont look/sound stupid with my surname.
>>
Dick
>>
Lolwut? Nobody cares about your name. It's probably not even a bad name.

To be honest I think people would be more put off by the Eastern European surname if anything.
>>
>second name is jewish
>not a single jew in my family ever
>ask parents why the jew name?
>they didn't know it was jewish

that's what I get for having a mother only 16 years older than me and a father 18y older than me

stupid teenagers having babies
>>
>>1119886
Werner
>>1119906
Exact same here except my firt AND second name are coincidentally jewish
>>
>>1119906
Are you sure about the name? Many Americans mistake german last names for jewish last names.
>>
I was thinking about the same thing but more surname than first name.

It seems like a good idea. I'd probably just get some basic Anglo surname and call it a day.
>>
>>1119922
I only wanna change my first name and maybe get a second name too.
>>1119906
Kinda the same situation here.
>>1119898
I care, I hate it from an aesthetical standpoint and I dont always wanna be remembered as the guy who always has to spell his ridiculous name too. But mainly I hate it and I have the opportunity to change it.
>>1119920
>Werner
Are you serious?
>>
>>1119906
what's your name?
>>
>>1119886
Change it to David or Schlomo, investment banking classics. Everything else is poop tier.
>>
Just pick Chris, Alex or Mohammed.
>>
Maxwell
>>
>>1119886

I have the same problem and my name is a mess (literally like xzyxksaks - also polish/russian in germany). How does one change his name, do you have any tips on the mere procedure?
>>
>>1120008
Depending on country it's just printing a few forms from government website, signing them etc, paying the fee(<$200 I believe) and sending it in.

And then you get a response and need to go through the CLUSTERFUCK of changing your legal name on every legal document etc etc.
>>
>>1120008
Op here. I just wanna change my first name and get a second one, maybe. My surname is actually something like 'xyyxcyccx' too, but I just took my mothers name, which is 'Kozak'. Maybe thats an option for you too?
>>
>>1120031

Ah well, I'll look into it.

>>1120039

>Maybe thats an option for you too?

Unfortunately not as both have the most awful sounding names man can imagine. But if you didn't change it to something completely new, then I guess I have to research this. Your name is part of your brand, too, and as an ambitious businessman it's too risky to keep a ridiculous name.
>>
>>1119920
>>1119949
Israel

not even joking
Best part is you can´t change your name in my country no mater what.
>>
>>1119906
>Not taking advantage of a Jewish name.
>>
>>1120055
>Ah well, I'll look into it.

Make sure it's something you REALLY want to do though anon.

It's easy to initiate but then you need to change your name on every fucking thing. Doctor's office, dentist, University, work, Gym, Passport, drivers license, all government ID, even need to inform your friends so they aren't confused.
>>
>>1119935
Yea Werner seems like a regular german name to me (dutchfag).
>>
>>1120146
Seems like you only know under class fat fucks over 60 from Germany. Being named Werner under the age of 30 would be abuse.
>>
Been thinking about changing my surname for years, since I have nothing to do with me father and its a fucking peasants name.

Been thinking about adopting my mothers name, but its pretty bad too.
If I ever get married I would propably take over my to be wifes name, taken it isn't shit aswell.
>>
>>1119886
How about "Wolf"?
It's cool, it means wolf.
>>
>>1120195
Huh. I don't know any1 from germany let alone someone called werner.
>>
File: 1454399195419.jpg (6 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1454399195419.jpg
6 KB, 325x325
Is Max a meme name?

(researching for friend)
>>
>>1119906
how old are you today bro? I assume around 20?

I agree, our parent's generation is obviously one of the most consciousless generation, probably ever existed.
>>
>>1120078

I see your concern is geniune, thanks mate. I have also checked the requirements here (Germany) and it seems you can change the name for a small fee IF the mayor deems it justified, e.g. my name must be really hard to pronounce. It all up to a subjective decision then. Well, I will try it and keep the rest in mind. Thanks!
>>
>>1120374
Ah ok.

Here in Canada(and I know Australia is the same and US too probably) you literally just photocopy your ID, sign some papers, write your reason and new name along with a shit ton of personal info, mail it in with like $150 and voila.

Up to you I guess. Unless it's literally unpronounceable I wouldn't bother with it if it's difficult to change in your country.
>>
>>1120383

Indeed this is child's play in NA and it makes me jealous. It's really one of those times where you see that all this talk about "freedom" is no meme at all.
>>
Otto
William
Wilhelm
Heinrich
Henrik
André
Kristoff
Christopher
Phillip
Martin
Isaac
Isak
Rudolph
>>
Change it to Adolf Bismarck Hindenburg

>the three greatest leaders of Germany
>people will think you're charismatic
>any job you want
>300k starting
>>
>asian parents
>don't understand certain names are shorthand
>get named bob
>legal first name is literally bob

Thinking about getting a name change to Robert because this shit pisses me off to no end. If I'm going to live in America as a full-fledged American I might as well get all the superficial things in line.
>>
>>1119886
>russian
I V A N
V
A
N
>>
>>1119886
Accept yourself, don't be a fag who claims everything about homophobia.
>>
>>1119906
Is it John?
>>
Change it to 'Mongol,' so it becomes Mongol Kozak like every other Ukrainian
>>
>>1119898

Dumb-ass of course it matters. It's been proven that employers are averse to hiring people with foreign sounding names, that is if they're not H1B.

>>1119935

Go with something completely generic like Michael or David. Avoid fancy names like Maxwell or Constantine.
>>
>>1119886
slavistovok
>>
>>1121129
The problem is that I need something more neutral. Its really cringy to be german and have an english name because of the pronounciation.
>>
>>1119906
>>1120067
>Isreal
>"I didn't know it was Jewish"
Holy fucking shit. I've met some real fucking stupid people, but this takes the kek.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.