[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>actor or musician earns 10 million bucks >"ZOMG I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 306x306
>actor or musician earns 10 million bucks
>"ZOMG I WANT TO BE RICH AND FAMOUS ONE DAY! #YOLO"

>banker/CEO/trader earns 10 million bucks
>"FILTHY JEWISH SCUM! #TAX THE RICH 90%! #ABOLISH INHERITANCE! #WE ARE THE 99%!

Why are people such hypocrites?
>>
>>1118228
>actor or musician earns 10 million bucks
>Usually wastes it or just goes through their money in a manner that doesn't bother anyone else.

>Bankers meddle with the economy of nations
>Lobby to make banks more powerful, trash economies and get bailed out with forcibly acquired money from the same people they screw over, become above the law and form dynasties of super-elite billion/trillionaires.

I dunno senpai.
>>
>>1118235
Still preferable than letting some millenial hippie go full communist on the economy and send us back to the stone age
>>
>>1118228
I just think it's hilarious people think entertainers are smart because they make money. Behind every entertainer is a jew or white goy telling them what to do or say. Kanye West is a great example of what happens when an artist decides to be themselves and go off script. Kendrick lamar is manufactured personality that most people think is intelligent. People don't realize his manlette ass was involved with the music industry during his mixtape days and that all of it is a minstrel show to rope in white suburban money.

Bankers are crooks but at least they aren't puppets. Rather my kid look up to a crooked jew Banker than an idiot entertainer.
>>
>>1118271
kek'd

there's a reason that the upper classes in roman society (this is probably true for a lot of ivy league circles) frowned upon nobles socializing with actors and entertainers. our society worships money though, so even filthy entertainer scum is considered "respectable" by the plebs
>>
I often wonder how rich people and economists have the mental fortitude to not go on killing sprees.

Hearing so much wrong shit everyday must really grind at you. Do they just keep themselves isolated to economically-literate people to deal with it?
>>
>>1118228
On the one hand the entertainer usually improves life (in their perspective) for a lot of people. Most middle men for money exchanges don't really do anything meaningful. CEOs are often very valuable to the company but ask for disproportionate salaries to that value.

On the other hand you've got plenty people saying entertainers are usually shitty sellout opportunists who target retards. Just take a look at this thread or any high school. If this is supposed to be some double standard commentary you fucking fail. Either dude with 10 mil is going to have a good time.
>>
>>1118309
>CEOs are often very valuable to the company but ask for disproportionate salaries to that value

Yea, CEO's earn a shitload but it's still a drop in the bucket compared to the balance sheets of their corporations.
Say you're the sole shareholder Ford. Your company makes 10 billion in profits. You don't give a fuck whether your CEO makes 1, 10 or even 50 million.
What's most important is that he does the absolute best thats humanly possible. Because each additional percent in profits equals 100 million.
So of course you're gonna give him a SHITLOAD of stock options, even if it increases his performance by just a tiny little bit. Just to be sure.
>>
>>1118297
A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep
>>
>>1118265
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>1118330

Exactly. What you people don't understand is that there are some people that you just pay them whatever they ask- because they are the best at what they do.

You guys make 10 bucks an hour so you get mad that someone makes 1000, but his work makes someone else 10,000 an hour, while your labor is only good for cleaning toilets

I couldn't hire you for 100 hours at 10 an hour and get the same amount of work out of you
>>
>>1118336
>>>1118297 (You)
>A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep

He does when he is surrounded by sheep .

Sometimes I get worried about becoming rich because people keep getting less and less financially literate and I can imagine a situation where they would start killing so called "richfags" and burning universities.

It's one of the main reasons I support welfare
>>
>>1118413
you are fucking retarded
>>
>>1118420
Explain how?

It's happened before in history.
>>
>>1118297
Ever heard of the saying "birds of a feather flock together"?

Will you ever find a CEO of a multi-billion dollar firm hanging around an angry mass of OWS protesters? Nope.

The poor only network with the poor. The rich only network with the rich. The smartest amongst the poor will gain connections with the upper class.
>>
File: eye of the tiger.webm (548 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
eye of the tiger.webm
548 KB, 640x360
>>1118228
if it makes you feel better, you'll be neither
>>
>>1118404
You forgot the real game changer, the 1 dollar a day work force. Most of these CEO's are just raking up the massive profits from outsourcing under globalization, but obviously it is unsustainable like the usury based monetary systems most of us live under today.

Holy Wood actors and the masses, confusing fame or other simple and attractive traits for hard earned intelligence since Ronny Rayguns was put into the POTUS office.
>>
File: tmp_18657-economics-280851435.gif (78 KB, 612x760) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18657-economics-280851435.gif
78 KB, 612x760
>>1118297
>economics
>science
Please stop this meme.
>>
>>1118500
>If it's not STEM it isn't science
Please stop this meme
>>
>>1118504
Two thirds of its findings cannot be replicated. That's worse than a random coin flip.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/econresdata/feds/2015/files/2015083pap.pdf
>>
>>1118228

Actors and Entertainers make people happy. Art is literally what makes life worth living.

Bankers/traders/finance guys essentially just steal all the value provided by the people who actually produce goods and provide services. They also manipulate currency as a whole to scam society out of money.

Oh and there are 100x guys who made it rich in finance/banking/trading for every 1 person who made it big as an entertainer.

Pretty shit argument OP.
>>
>>1118534
>Art is literally what makes life worth living

Maybe for you
>>
>>1118500
Can you quote where I said it was a science?

I literally only said "Economically-literate", that has nothing to do with economic systems and theories, only the very basics that are also the most important.
>>
>>1118534
Nice job lumping everything together.

>Art and artists are the most important things!

>All finance people do is steal!
>>
>>1118449
True but every time I venture off economic-literate(or at least some what literate) forums including /biz/ and others for startups, economist forums, etc.

I get hit and surprised with a bunch of liberal OWS-types. It hits me so off guard I think they are trolling at first and as though it's a parody rather than something someone believes.

If I had to deal with this daily I would go insane.

It already takes me all of my fortitude not to correct people when I hear them say that shit IRL, and commonly I do correct them anyway because it makes me so mad.
>Da rich is stealing from us
>We need to change capitalism
>-anything implying capitalism is the cause of unrelated issues-
>""""living wage"""""*
>Bernie will make everything free
>>
>>1118557
Well then if you're implying that you don't think it's a science either, then you're admitting that it's a bunch of opinions not based in reality, sooo...
>>
>>1118557
Advanced microeconomics is definitely a science
>>
>>1118563
I am admitting it is not a hard science like Physics or Math where A = B and that's that.

Economics as a study is too early to be a hard science....

Next you'll argue Psychology isn't a science and therefore a bunch of balloney too?
>>
>>1118265
You're thick as shit
>>
>>1118570
Economics is over two centuries old and yet it's wrong twice as often as it is right. You can't use that argument faggot.

Like holy shit, get a load of this cognitive dissonance.
>hurr economics is always right and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong
>i-it doesn't need to be right all the time because it's not a hard science
>>
>>1118297

>he thinks he's "economically literate" after taking Intro to Econ at community college and reading some articles by his favorite cuckservative blogger

kek
>>
>>1118570
>>1118562
>>1118569

Economics is not a science in any sense of the word.

Sorry if the numbers and equations confused your little brain.
>>
>>1118581
>Implying I'm not and that isn't enough to be miles above the average pleb
>>
File: tmp_18657-mt-stupid-1684905334.png (43 KB, 613x481) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18657-mt-stupid-1684905334.png
43 KB, 613x481
>>1118589
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>1118468

Well yeah, If someone hustles so hard in India they sign up 1 million data entry drones, it's only fair they make money per drone.

Same in the USA for getting those drones, except the going rate (and markup) is bigger
>>
>>1118510
Many datasets are sold to researchers for tens of thousands of dollars and are confidential (making results irreproducible) because thats the only reason people would buy them.
That doesn't necessarily mean that they are forged or manipulated in any way though.

>>1118579
>Economics is over two centuries old
I bet you think Adam Smith can be compared to modern evidence based economics. Opinion discarded.
Back then it was basically philosophy with some sociology mixed in, today it's mostly applied statistics.
>>
>>1118542

So tell me what you enjoy then? What makes your life worth living?

food?
music?
travel?
amusement?

all art.
>>
>>1118644
Money and family.

Sorry bro, I barely even listen to music anymore. Art is overrated and easy to live without for me.
>>
>>1118650

>money

which you use to buy music, food, entertainment, movies, travel, etc.
>>
>>1118654

Or just buy food shelter and comfort because not everyone is a piece of shit millennial Fedora tipping gay
>>
>>1118581
>>1118593
Are you serious?

Ever heard of marginal returns you idiot?

By knowing to budget, spend less than you earn, eliminate debt and longterm investing you're already ahead most people financially.
Some basic principles like supply/demand, costbenefit analysis and a little bit of macro already puts you ahead of most.

Studying Economics for 10 years gives very little if any practical returns.
>>
>people willingly argue for the parasites eating their country
>>
>>1118768
America's economy would crash if the underclasses started saving. Our very system is designed to get people spending as much as possible. Fucking ads on every inch of buildings and television asking us to buy their crap.
>>
>>1118235
Holy shit is this what poor fags actually believe?
>>
>>1118689

>comfort

your faggot oculus rift and 3d hentais are also art
>>
>>1118654
OR hookers and drugs.
>>
>>1118990
They're doing it because that's what makes money.

if all of a sudden that shifted then there would be entirely new advertisements and business models.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.