[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, i just started SEO. Has any of you tried it ? Any advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Hey, i just started SEO.
Has any of you tried it ? Any advice?
>>
>>1117979
maybe post a link or something, friendo
>>
don't let me deter you but there's so much bullshit in SEO, most people will just be selling you how to make money via SEO. it's something you really have to just kind of poke in the dark and figure out what works for you. once you do though, you can make a comfortable living. it can be really time and money consuming though

just do your research and use your head
>>
Just make good content with keyword and you will rank there isn't no magic trick
>>
what the hell is SEO?
>>
Info graphs, pictures, videos are good. I was getting over 1000 uniques a day to a poker site with 1 picture that I stole and edited to look unique
>>
File: 1452435996077.jpg (910 KB, 2554x2048) Image search: [Google]
1452435996077.jpg
910 KB, 2554x2048
SEO is bullshit. As a programmer, I know, that SEO is just for beautiful girls in IT companies, to do "nothing", but make better atmosphere in a company.
>>
what's the point? your shit will never go above all the popular stuff.
>>
>>1118476
Nah, SEO is a legit thing, you fagit. Its extremely important and can make or break a company.

And SEO I mean just a small subset of online marketing basically. SEO is just a small part of it.
>>
>>1118495
Also I can give you an example, as I own a SEO/OM company.

>local plumber
>has a shit website
>he has no clients and no one visits his site, nearly broke
>we redo his website, simple wp shit with a $20 template
>we check whats the most searched local keywords are connected to this trade
>target 3 or 4 of those keywords with specific content, Facebook campaign and more
>create content based on those keywords, just a dozen long enough articles
>in 3 months he got from 0 to 10-20 clients a week, and hired 3 plumbers to work for him
>he went from nothing to basically semi-rich company owner
>it costed him $2000 which was the whole package we gave him.
>he now pays us $1000 a month just to post 1-2 articles and watch his facebook and yelp
>>
>>1118476
>women at work in a male dominated field
>improving the atmosphere
right...
>>
>>1118495
But you will never get rich by doing SEO. only if you are the owner of the website (company).
>>
>>1118503
Sure, but you can earn a lot of money if you get a couple of big clients. Companies like Coca-Cola or Loreal needs SEO and online marketing or social media management as well. Most give these kind of stuff to digital agencies.

You should not do just SEO, but offer the clients a full package.

You can easily earn a million dollar a year with a small SEO company, and you can always hire Indians or shit like that to do the actual work, as this shit is so easy even they cant fuck it up.
>>
>>1118509
Okay what about insurance companies?
>>
>>1118512
You mean you wanna start an insurance company? Or if they need an agency like that?

To answer the second nowadays every company wants a digital agency, and most of them needs one as well.
>>
>>1118495
SEO:
>meta title
>meta keywords
>meta description
>original text description
>backlinks
Literally that's it, shit can be learned in a day form Wikipedia. Anyone who is a "SEO expert" is basically a bum.
>>
>>1118515
Seo'ing an insurance company.

Mfw 90 percent of the thread hasn't been to bhw
>>
>>1119572

>what is link building

Meta keywords and descriptions haven't done shit for google ratings in fucking years. It's all about relevant backlinks and traffic these days.
>>
>>1119623
Ppl always talk like SEO is easy but can't live off it lmao.
>>
>>1117979
I finished a programming course last year and got a job as a website admin in a small company and now I have been tasked with doing SEO work.

Just follow moz basic tips and use google search tool and analytics to monitor how things improve over time.

What I have done is used moz's website comparison tool to see what our number one competitor has done in terms of backlinks and shit so my plan is just to copy/do better then them. (they haven't done much seo efforts since 2013 so its not an impossible task)
>>
File: 1448251110175.jpg (3 MB, 2208x3528) Image search: [Google]
1448251110175.jpg
3 MB, 2208x3528
>>1118476
OK please help me understand SEO because it's turning me crazy.

Disclaimer: I'm a developer, I've done web apps, so I know HTML/CSS etc.

I see a SHIT TON of people around me working in "SEO". As you said, it goes from pretty girls with pol. science degrees to ex-lawyers (I'm not kidding you), to random people.

WTF do they do all do? Can people please explain to me the process of their work?

Isn't it just changing titles/putting keywords in the right place, proper formatting etc? Seems to me like a very simple job but I keep thinking I must be missing something.

please help me understand
>>
>>1121318
SEO is just a small part of internet marketing. Most people who say they do SEO do other things as well:

keyword research
keyword planning
backlining
affiliates
Facebook/Adsense/etc ads
social media marketing, twitter/facebook page etc.

We've come a long way from "just have a meta tag bro", I can tell you that.

And yes, it's rather complex and that's why there're people who earn $20000 a month from it.

If you wanna learn just read BHW
>>
>>1121419
Most of the things you listed fall under SEO though don't they.. Search engine optimisation involves keywords and backlinking
>>
>>1118499
What do you mean, target key words? What articles?
>>
>>1117979
how did you start? what kind of job did you applied? how did you find the job?
>>
>>1118499
>>women at work in a male dominated field
>>improving the atmosphere
>right...

Im starting a small web dev business at the moment, Im looking to get into SEO for my clients.

Something I am sturggling with is that to write my content on when theyre a plumber or a dentist or something. I want to add value, but I have no idea what to write the content on regarding SEO articles.
>>
>>1118499
Sounds like a win win situation for both parties.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.