[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, biz, what objectively is the best credit card?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Hey, biz, what objectively is the best credit card?
>>
None
>>
>>1115160
Really? I mean wich credit card can I impress the waitress the most when I pay for my meal?
Do you reallly not have an answer for this question?
>>
>>1115190
Nobody gives a shit what credit card you use unless you were already famous.
>>
File: 1455301877073.jpg (326 KB, 1063x1063) Image search: [Google]
1455301877073.jpg
326 KB, 1063x1063
>>1115190
I've never even heard of someone being impressed by someone paying with a certain credit card. You must know some shallow people or something.
>>
>>1115190
>someone being impressed that you paid for expensive food with someone elses money
>>
>>1115190
Citi Prestige
>>
>Credit cards make me look cool
Ok 16 year old, if you *really* want a 'cool' credit card then the most prestigious one is the American Express Centurion Card, which has no spending limit.

What I find really impresses people (or makes them jelly as fuck, which is also fun) is a money clip full of notes. Don't even be flashy with it, just get it out when you need to pay and people will know.
>>
>>1115190
a stack of cash
>>
>>1115190
>implying some minimum wage teen slut will know anything about different cards
>>
>>1115190
As a waiter, I don't give a shit what you pay with. The only thing that will impress me is a big fat tip. Put your money where your mouth is.
>>
>>1115190
/biz/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>1115190

If you have a thick credit card then chances are the person swiping kind of hates you. Pain in the ass when it comes to swiping on a square.
>>
>>1115222
>how to get robbed: the post
>>
>>1115255
nice try poorfag
>>
>>1115306
what does this even mean
>>
>>1115190
You ask the question while already posting a pic of the black card. You're hopeless.

However if you're asking about an impressive card that you can actually afford, then that's a different story.

>>1115222
>>1115243

A stack of cash is the most poorfag way to get attention. The only people impressed by that are other poorfags. Anybody worth a couple of thousand can carry their whole life savings in one roll and flash it around. However, subtly flashing a black Amex or a Palladium card while paying the bill shows anyone around that you have far more than just a couple thousand to your name.

>>1115208

It's not about paying with someone else's money. It's about showing people around you that you have access to a large amount of resources. You have to have a certain amount of worth to afford or even be allowed to have some cards.

>>1115255
He wants to impress a waitress, not you. In my experience, girls, including waitresses, are impressed by money. Flashing certain cards shows you have it.

ITT people who have never been around people who have money
>>
>>1115308
>what did he mean by this
>>
>>1115310
As a waiter who works with tons of waitresses, I can tell you that they don't give a shit how you pay. They just care about their tip. Being a good tipper also shows you have money, but it shows something else- that you're willing to spend it. In their minds this translates to spending it on them. Why would they care that you have a nice credit card if they're not going to get some of that money?
>>
>>1115310
Also, most waitresses are too dumb or have too little money to even recognize an "impressive" card when they see it. They will just swipe it and carry on with their day.
>>
>>1115310
Anon. The only poorfags that would even know those cards at a glance are /biz/nessmen (even though a few richfags are here, too).

Your waitress at IHOP isn't going to flip her shit and get under your table because you hand her a "weird-looking gold card" because she has no idea you needed 25mil to get it.
>>
Serious question though:
Is it really worth it paying to use a credit card? I have an AMEX and I pay $150 a year for it. I like all the web services it has, but it doesn't really strike me as much better than chase except the card looks cooler.
>>
>>1115360
lol you pay for a card? Mine are free and I get points back, so I end up making money from my credit card... wtf are you doing?
>>
damn, i kinda needed this thread but the answers are shit so far. a coworker of mine has one that gives amazon credit, but im not sure if travel miles are a better option.

do any of you have a credit card issued by your credit union? id like to keep my cards/institutions together if possible.
>>
>>1115360
It really depends on if the rewards are good enough (for you) to justify the cost. If you earn more rewards than you pay for it can be worth it.

You can look up churning (esp the reddit) for tons of nerds talking about credit card rewards
>>
>>1115360
>$150 a year for it
Jesus christ that's steep. You better be getting good use out of those rewards...that's the only way to justify having to do that.

I just like sticking to my citi double cash. No fees, no bullshit, and better rewards than Samuel Jackson's shit capital one card
>>
>>1115144
If you are interested in travel rewards go to flyertalk.com. Its a forum on best travel rewards.

You might check bankrate.com too
>>
>>1115424
>bankrate.com
see this is what i needed. thanks bro, gonna do laundry and cleanup a bit, spend an afternoon doing taxes and looking up cards.
>>
>>1115144
>Credit card
>Posts picture of charge card

Lol.

And if you have to ask, you can't get the best.
>>
>>1115360
I pay nothing for my card, not even any kind of fees since it also acts like a girocard.
>>
>>1115332
I've waited tables as well. Black cards never cease to make waitresses give a second glance. As far as this post >>1115335 even the dumbest waitress will notice. The weight of the card alone is enough to get their attention.

>>1115353
They might not know exactly what it takes to get the card, but they do realize that the person who has it is different from most people.

OP asked which card would impress a waitress the most. Nobody is implying that having a nice card will get you complimentary blowjobs with your dinner. I'm just saying out of all the ways you would normally pay(cash, debit card, credit card), possessing and using a prestigious card like the Centurion or Palladium would be the most impressive to a waitress when compared to all other options.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.