[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the purpose of this post im going to change the names of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 85x228) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 85x228
For the purpose of this post im going to change the names of the item and what it's being used for, but the pricings and measurements are roughly the same.

For the past couple of years I've been using 'Coca-Cola' to 'wash my hair'. I find that it works just as well, in fact even better than shampoo. Most bottles of shampoo go for $10 per 100ml, but the 'Coca-Cola' only costs me $3 for 900ml.
Would it be a profitable business idea to bottle up/ re-label the 'Coca-Cola' and sell it for $9 per 100ml, knowing that people won't know the difference? Could I get im any trouble with 'Coca-Cola' for doing this?
>>
>>1114976
*and sell it as shampoo for $9 per 100ml, knowing that people won't know the difference?
>>
So you intend to take MY product, put YOUR name on it and sell it for more whats its worth on people who wouldn't know the difference?

>Could I get im any trouble with 'Coca-Cola' for doing this?
No of course not. Its a perfectly legal way to do buisness.
>>
>>1114984
Exactly. I want to buy someones product, repackage it under a different use and sell it at 3000% of what I bought it
>>
You're generally allowed to buy someone else's product, re badge it and sell it for a profit, yes.

There are two major risks however:

1. You cannot misrepresent the bottle as containing "shampoo" when it actually contains "coca cola", you would have to market it as "generic hair cleaner" or something

2. You are generally liable to prove the product is "fit-for-purpose". Is some people have a bad reaction to the cola, they could sue you for it, even years from now. You have to be really sure the coke will do just as good and safe a job as the shampoo

As always, I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice
>>
>>1114994
As long as you make your own brand on the repackaged stuff and don't use some other company's brand there should be no problem?
>>
>>1115000

The other area you could get in trouble is the purchase agreement, if any, between you and coca cola

There may be some hidden clause somewhere in the T+C's that prevent you from doing this, and then they could theoretically pursue you for damages if they ever found out
>>
>>1114976
>>1114979
Which country are you in?
>>
>>1115019
Australia
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.