[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi I have a Christian background. How do I dump my background
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1454685800767.jpg (24 KB, 570x412) Image search: [Google]
1454685800767.jpg
24 KB, 570x412
Hi I have a Christian background. How do I dump my background so I can make some money without being bothered by my conscience? Thx
>>
How exactly does Christianity conflict with making money?

Unless you're talking about scamming people...
>>
>>1114050
Upgrade to Judaism.
>>
>>1114054
Doing good business =scamming people. You always make more than the product is worth.
>>
>>1114150
>Doing good business =scamming people

No it's about bringing value to people and getting mutually beneficial deals. Scamming people is too short-term, yeah you might make a little bit of money but you tarnish your reputation and would be better off just not scamming and conducting business in a normal manner.

>>1114150
>You always make more than the product is worth.

Who decides what a product is "worth"? Whatever price a buyer and seller agree on is how much something is "worth".
>>
>>1114054
This. Someone who puts out a good product, pays a fair wage and prices their products well can be successful. You don't have to scam people to run a successful business.
>>
>>1114194
Your competition will do it and put you out of business. Glad to see this board is overwhelmed by teenagers as well.
>>
>>1114199
>Your competition will do it and put you out of business. Glad to see this board is overwhelmed by teenagers as well.

Then how does any business exist then?

inb4 they scam people

Shouldn't you be in the Bernie threads?
>>
>>1114199
Oh gee, competition! How ever shall I compete? I'm certain that's exactly why there are so many small business out there.

Listen, going head-to-head with a category killer is stupid, and you're right, you can't be honest and out Walmart someone. Then again, if you're a dirtbag you still can't out-Walmart Walmart.

A good reputation is the core of small-business ownership. Like >>1114168 says, reputation is the be-all, end-all of small businesses. You can't create a successful small business and be a dirtbag.
>>
>>1114050
Read How to Win Friends and Influence People.

I know it's probably because I'm a socially inept autist but this book really laid things out for me. You don't need to be a conniving asshole to become wealthy. In fact you're likely not to get very far that way. True wealth comes from building relationships, be it with your coworkers, your employers, your clients, your customers, your friends, your family, etc.

People will gravitate towards you and want to give you money if you can do this. The problem is that it's hard to do if you don't really believe it. I would say this actually reenforces Christian values. You will also be happier in the long run if you learn how to build relationships.
>>
You know during the Dutch golden age the people were highly protestant. People liked to do trade with them because they were reliable and hard working. Which is very Christian.

Doing business doesn't mean one party gets poorer and the other richer.
In the ideal situation both parties get better.
But even if that isn't the case, if someone purchases a good he doesn't become richer or poorer. He just exchanges his money for a good of equal value.
>>
>>1114050
Use common sense when approaching your religion, generally to be religious is to suspend your sense of disbelief when ti comes to certain topics/ facts. However due to your background, upbringing, and social interactions while you grew up you have come to believe being religious makes more sense.

If you have trouble doing that, you can easily reinterpret the Bible so that your conscience doesn't get in the way, because every christian that has ever lived ignores parts of the Bible anyway.

(I mean it was written and influenced by 100's of people, so it's impossible not to)
>>
>>1114070
/thread
>>
>>1114050
You aren't going to make shit so don't even bother. I love you faggots who act like you're doing something wrong by making money when you aren't even making good money kek. Enjoy dumping your religion to live in fantasy land fsggot.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.