[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get started with crypto currencies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: download (2).jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12 KB, 259x194
I want in on the Ethereum shit but I have no knowledge on crypto currencies. /biz/ always tells me to buy bitcoin but I always avoided it because it seemed complicated. I also tried years ago and didn't understand it.

Firstly what is the difference between bitcoin and ethereum? Is Ethereum something to do with bitcoin or is it a totally seperate crypto currency of its own?
Secondly how do I get a wallet and buy them and all the other basic stuffs?

pls
>>
>>1113713
Oh you...
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 627x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 627x820
10/10 thread OP

Well first of all, Ethereum is a seperate and more advanced cryptocurrency to bitcoin. Some call it bitcoin 2.0

You can get a wallet by either downloading the mist wallet beta or by using a paper wallet generated at myetherwallet.com

To buy ETH easily you will need to obtain bitcoin first, use loacalbitcoins to do so quickly.

Then you can use shapeshift.io to convert to ETH quickly or you can sugn up for poloniex or kraken crypto exchanges.
>>
>>1113729
thanks m8

ive decided to just buy a btc and play around with the whole thing to try and understand it.
does it matter what type of wallet you get or are all bitcoin wallets the same?
>>
>>1113737
Blockchain.info wallet will allow you to access your btc from anywhere in the world.

If you have a actual bitcoin wallet on your pc you will be stuck with them on your pc.

Blockchain.info has very good security. I trust them more than i trust myself
>>
this is video helped me get started in understanding it all. Andreas Antonopolous explains how it works very well and is very passionate about the technology.

https://youtu.be/1cexawnOlR8?t=650
>>
>>1113713
>hey guys whats up with this ethereum?
>its like a bitcoin 2.0
>sounds good where do i buy some?
>you can buy it on yada yada
>sweet! BUYING SOME NOW
Lmfao. Has /biz/ turned into one big infomercial? You know damn well what the fuck ethereum is. Every other shitty post on /biz/ is shilling it. You also know damn well where to buy it. Cut the shit.
>>
>>1113765
Calm down m8. Buy some Ethereum
>>
>>1113766
Topkek
>>
>>1113765
i honestly dont. ive always been more interested in gold and spend my time pushing the >shitcoin meme. but since a cashless society is now inevitable I want to prepare for the future
>>
>>1113760
I've never listened to Joe Rogan before, so I didn't realize what a dumbass he is. Wow.
>>
>>1113778
Definitely get some BTC in case of the happening. But get ETH now for sweet gains.
>>
>>1113778
Suuuure sure. I would believe you if there wasnt a hundred "what is ethereum?" posts in the last couple weeks and another hundred "where do I buy it?". You expect me to believe that there are that many newfags on this small ass board that can't even browse for like a minute without posting? Ethereum is literally every other post and there is at least 10 posts in every Ethereum thread explaining what it is and where to buy it.
>>
>>1113713
http://www.michaelnielsen.org/ddi/how-the-bitcoin-protocol-actually-works/

Read it all. From there you'll be able to figure out the differences/how to buy on your own.
>>
>>1113765
senciblechucke.gif
>>
>>1113782
im a regular /pol/itician
i come here sometimes but usually always avoid bitcoin shills because im a skeptic like you but i decided to give it a bash

i fully understand that there is no way i can convince you im telling the truth because i sound like a shill however i try to justify it
>>
>>1113806
I believe you. I dont think all of these "how do i buy ethereum?" posts are shills. A small number of you are just complete dumbasses who dont know how to use a catalog or read a thread before posting. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.