[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Fund
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1438441624616.jpg (87 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1438441624616.jpg
87 KB, 960x960
My sister just had a baby and I wanted to start some kind of college savings for the little guy as a gift. What's a good plan for college fund investing with 18 years and around 50-100$ a month to pump into it?
>>
>>1113684
Smart 529 or Vanguard. Just buy ETFS like VOO and a few other market sectors, don't touch.
>>
Buy ETH.
>>
>>1113684
>Create a trust
>Throw $20,000 in it
>Buy oil companies, dripping dividends
>Have enough for any college by 18
>>
>>1113684
Wow your're a nice person anon. If you can afford $50-100 a month go for it. If you put $50 per month for 18 years, the kid will have 10,800. If you put $75 per month, they'll have 16,200. $100 per month and 21,600. If you can't afford it I would say about 5 bucks a week. Find a place which has high interest to help it grow
>>
>>1114084
>Put half the cost of college in a college fund
You see how this isn't feasible to the average person, correct?
>>
>>1114096
The average person is too big of an idiot to plan to the end of the month: not my plan's problem
>>
>>1114089
And by the time the kid's 18, he'll have enough money for the fuel his parents will burn to drop him off at the college, because of inflation.
And that's if the boomers don't drop hyperinflation in the meantime. Or institute negative interest rates, or simply steal all the money through regulation and taxation.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.