[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_1227.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1227.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone work in the diamond/jewelry industry?

Just bought a 1.2ct i color VS1 stone mounted on a platinum ring with 2 small .5 ct stones mounted on the side.

Any idea of value? Cost me $4000, plus $300 for a 9.1gram wedding band of .925 platinum.

Paid in gold scrap CPUs, 43 pounds of Amd 486, valued at $100 a LB.

Pictured CPU I buy for like $60 a LB

Just traded the guy a day's paycheck for a couple rings.
>>
>>1113124
Wow how do you get in on the cpu buying business and who the fuck do you sell them to?
>>
>>1113130

Metals refiners.

I employ people to strip them out of machines.

I then wholesale the processed steel, alum, copper, boards, ram, etc
>>
>>1113130

As far as how you get in, you either live far away from me and sell it for less to me or close to me and sell it for cash

I am the *only* buyer for this stuff in the USA.
>>
Damn
>>
>>1113162
if you make that much a day you really shouldnt be worried about chiken tendie zombies moving in on your business

why dont you share some knowledge with people
>>
>>1113351

Because every piece of knowledge I know about this I bled for?

With that said, why give it away for free? Esp. when it's worth thousands of dollars?

I can you guys that I'm buying 486 for 90$/LB cash price MA region so if you live here, hooray for you, find some, buy them for $80/lb
>>
>>1113124
To OP's original question you probably got ripped pretty hard. Is the main stone lab created? If natural, is it certified? By whom?
>>
>>1113616

Natural, not cert.

I do $10,000 in business with them a day so I doubt they'd rip me off.

How much does it cost to get it certified?
>>
>>1113876
Your personal feelings with them should be put aside. It's just as likely to make them think you are a good mark. Certification is done by a number of agencies but the two largest ones in America are the GIA and the IGI. It's essentially a formal appraisal of the gem's qualities (color, cut, clarity, etc).

I did a quick search on JamesAllen and a natural diamond in the specs you provided is going to run $5k -minimum- for just the rock. Mind you, that's an online wholesaler which does, believe it or not, offer the cheapest prices for what you are getting. So either you got an amazingly below market sweetheart deal, in which case I'm happy for you, or the rock you've bought is not everything you were told it is (though it could take a serious dive in any appraisal and still be worth $4k, but the pessimist in me says "why stop there?").

My gut tells me your deal is way too good to be true so I'm inclined to believe it is until proven otherwise. At a very minimum I would take your diamond to be appraised by another jeweler. This may cost anywhere from $20-100 or so. If you want to be absolutely certain you can send it off to a lab like the GIA or the IGI to have them analyzed definitively for about $100. I've never actually sent a gem to them that was already in a piece so I'm unsure whether they would have to remove it in order to analyze it, so you may lose your setting if you do that.
>>
>>1114038

Fine, I'll send it to someone and get it certified.

I took a look at it. The color on the border of I and H. It's on the border of vs 1 and vs 2.

Whatever they decide.

The two little stones on the side are worth peanuts. The band is a woman's band a couple hundred bucks in platinum
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.