[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The economics of Runescape. >Not buying every dip in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Runescape151.jpg (43 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
Runescape151.jpg
43 KB, 640x300
The economics of Runescape.
>Not buying every dip in the millions and making billions.

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Wine_of_Zamorak/viewitem?obj=245
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide
>>
>>1112867
I didn't even know runescape was still around. Haven't played that shit since 2004 or some shit. Damn.
>>
>>1112867
Runescape actually taught me a lot about markets, deal making, efficiency, and most importantly gambling.

It's too bad Jagex ruined this game beyond repair. Why do people still bother with this mess?
>>
>Playing a literal 2d game for children in 2016

Holy fuck is there anyone more pathetic?
>>
>>1112867
>tfw, I was providing liquidity to the markets before I even know what taxes were
>tfw, I had over a thousand dollars worth of virtual coins and I wasted it on virtual skills
>>
>>1113056
And you wasted tens of thousands of dollars in opportunity cost as well as much better shit you could do than chopping trees all day in a child's game you wouldnt care about in a few years.
>>
>>1113065
>playing a game when I was 15
>tens of thousand dollars in opportunity cost

Kek, I work for the family business anyways, so it doesn't matter now.

All worked out in the end :) Also, I trade on the side now too.

Tbh, I've spent probably like ~8 hours average a day playing video games from like 10-20 years of age.

League of legends was more of a waste desu.
>>
>>1113070
>8 hours a day
>Is somehow proud of this

That's pathetic man. Did you even do anything during your childhood besides games? Did you ever have a girlfriend?
>>
>>1113087
>not until like 18 y/o.
then again that's above average for 4chan prob
>>
>>1112867
Got into finance because of this fucker, still play every once in a while.

>tfw spending hours after school buying and selling behind Varrock west bank making mills
>>
File: Zeah_map.png (128 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
Zeah_map.png
128 KB, 300x321
god tier legit
lucky investors
pvm who didint die
stakers who didint die
early rare hoarders

god tier non-legit
large gold farming ops
people who ran ponzi schemes when ge first came out
gambling rings: dicing, horse game etc
confidence scams that take more than a day to complete
duping
some luring

shit tier
most resource collection
item manufacturing
trimming armor, doubling money, pickup this zamorak wine, etc
>>
Played 2002 - 2016, learned a lot about dem markets yo
>>
>>1113136
Resume material famalam.
>>
WHO WANTS A FREE BITCOIN?
>>
>>1112867
Thanks for reminding me about my old account! I just spent about half an hour playing for the first time all year!
>>
>>1113053
you?
>>
>>1113400
How about I pathetic for pointing out how autistic it is to be playing a 2d game for children in 2016?

I mean it's fun when you're a kid but do people still chop imaginary wood and catch imaginary fish all day?
>>
>>1113409
> being this bothered by how other people have fun.
> How about I pathetic????
>>
>>1113361
1K2YMDiXJqUXhmrnb2TqSzUPMMTQECQ6wo
>>
>>1113056
You can sell any kind of in-game currency for real world money. All it matters is that you have a lot of it.

A person made about 8000 dollars out of selling gp. In total everyone made 400K USD out of abusing a bug for gold, a bug which hasn't been fixed for 3 years until it became popular.
>>
>>1113415
having fun is not productive

therefore people who have fun are idiots
>>
>>1113415
How do people have fun chopping trees all day on a game with the most shit-tier graphics ever is my point.

That game has one of the worst communities ever as well, nearly everyone is a scammer or trying to screw you over in some way.
>>
>>1112867
fiat currency falls to zero, its not about the 2way price system mechanism but how much you can hold and ensure on delivery.
>>
Pathetic videogame playing virgins.

It's not even a good game either, literally 2d grindfest with a million scammers.
>>
>>1112867
I used to play this game in 2005 and had some bots.
>2005
>have 10 bots
>use them to pick flax
>new fancy runecrafting bot appears, buy it for 300usd, modify it a little bit in eclipse, and install it to all my computers
>selling all the gp to traders
>making around 3000 dollars per month- 300 of electricity bills
>banking for the next year until 2007 when free trade was removed from game.
>botting becomes way less profitable
>sell bots
>bank around 2.4k usd only from selling my accounts.
>bank around 70k dollars in 2 years with fees from using western union, living in third world country, still have computers, buy a old house at center of city in december 2008 set up a cyber with my computers and rent the other rooms to other people.

Had to stop playing the game because of the update and the chinese competition.
>>
File: pls.jpg (57 KB, 620x464) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
57 KB, 620x464
>>1113921
>>1113691
>>1113409
>>1113053
>>1113065
>>1113087

Where on the doll did Jagex touch you, anon?
>>
>>1113466
I made 10k selling gambling profits and I was small time.

Gambling clan owners (like fishy and winallday) made easy 6 figures.

This was back in 2012 when gambling was at its peak. It's now a bannable offense.

>tfw 55-60% house advantage
>>
Steam is also nice place to make internetmoneys, ÿou can tell pretty easy what cases/skins are going to rise. Also 15% tax makes it punishing for doing stupid shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.