[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silver has dipped under $14.70, is it a good time to buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Silver has dipped under $14.70, is it a good time to buy?
>>
Based on what? Earnings? Revenue? Cashflow?
>>
>>1112791
buy gold you silly goy
>>
>>1112818
What is gold/silver ratio
>>
>>1112818
Buy ETH you silly goy
>>
>>1112791
i did
>>
>>1112791
Not really.

The average value for silver have been $14.98 for the last 6 months, and the value have been ranging from $14.22 to $15.74. While cheaper than average, is within the expected values and even if there's a rise, is unlikely it would be too high.

There's some profit to be made, but don't expect a lot.
>>
Yes. It won't go under $10/oz ever again, and if you see that price I guarantee you it'll be out of stock just about everywhere.
>>
im pretty tempted myself OP. Is it gonna fall more in this slump?
>>
What's the best way to trade precious metals without getting fucked by ridiculous markup at pawn shops and shit? Are there ways to trade precious metals without actually needing to hold and store the metal yourself?
>>
File: silver_5_year_o_usd.png (16 KB, 450x311) Image search: [Google]
silver_5_year_o_usd.png
16 KB, 450x311
>>1113077
There's no good reason why silver is so fucking low.
>>
>>1113139
https://www.amagimetals.com/

Never ever use pawn shops.
>>
>>1113184
>1oz silver coin is $17.50
>spot price is ~$14.70/oz

I clearly don't understand how this works.
>>
>>1113301
They need to smelter the coin and make a profit. Also it's cheaper if you pay with a money order.
>>
>>1113306
If you buy bars, buy with buttcoin and in a large enough amount you can bring your total price very close to spot.
>>
>>1113177
oil
>>
>>1113301
You're basically paying for the recognition of the mint. U.S. government mint coins are obviously the highest above spot, followed by less reputable European governments, followed by 3rd world mints, followed by private mints. Coins are also typically worth more than bars
>>
>>1113306
>>1113318
Then how does resale work? How do private investors make money off precious metals? Is it even possible, or just a hedge against inflation?
>>
>>1113334
It's not really either of those things. I think it has more to do with Treasury rates and market volatility. People need places to park money if markets are down and interest rates are falling. I'm sure someone can explain it better.

For me its both a collectors hobby and a safety net in case I cant access cash for a long period if time or a major world event makes my cash worth significantly less. But you can sell on ebay for about the same price as dealers do, minus listing fees, if you wanted to
>>
>>1112791
No, because silver has no intrinsic value for an investment and is stupid bag holding of the 20st century combined with greater fool theory.

Buy ETH instead, at least it can be used for hosting of decentralized apps.
>>
>>1113451

>silver
>no intrinsic value
>>
>>1113301
It takes work to shape it. If you want to buy an ounce of silver on paper it'll cost exactly that, but other forms of silver have premiums depending on what they are. Cash 4 gold places buy gold and silver from idiots under spot all day every day. You can find deals if you look.
>>
>>1113301
>>1113313
Also, buy on ebay if you can. Apmex runs sales on it often and cheaper shipping out of ebay than their own store. With the ability to run a credit card through paypal, you can usually get 2% cash back from your CC and 2% in ebay bucks which you'll roll into future silver purchases. You can often find things for very close to spot.

Ebay bucks are not for things under the bullion category, so only buy things labeled under coins. With individual sellers, you can usually message them and ask them to relist their item under a different category so you can get ebay bucks for that 2% back.

If you're not averse to using reddit, they have /r/pmsforsale, and you can find stuff near spot there too. I buy all of my junk silver from a few people on there. One person has a massive collection and I've dumped a few grand into buying some of it.
>>
>>1113710
>>1113716
Buying and selling precious metals "on paper" is exactly what I'm curious about. Is there an exchange for metal that works like the stock market, with people trading "stock" in the metals and not the physical object itself? I'm assuming that would be the only way to really make money buying and selling metals.
>>
>>1113953
ETFs my man

Look into
GLD
IAU
SLV

there are also precious metal futures
>>
>>1114143
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
>>
$14.76 today boys!
>>
>>1114169
>trading metals

if you're going to try to trade metals just save yourself the trouble and trade SPY. metals are meant to be a safe haven, trading paper derivatives of metals is pretty.. eh. There are far more efficient ways to trade if your intent is to make an income, rather than hoard wealth.

if your intent is to hoard wealth, you need physical metals. the paper markets will evaporate entirely whenever the happening happens.
>>
It's already going back up, glad I bought 250 oz. of silver at a spot like $14.50...
>>
>>1115169
its climbing
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.