[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corporate performance reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_160339451.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3750) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_160339451.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3750
Can someone explain to me the "employee performance review" process in corporations? Why is there so much pressure on setting some crap objectives, over-delivering them all and then, getting an average grade ("but average means very good in here, anon")?
>>
>>1112649
How else you are gonna evaluate the performance of different departments? Can't grade truck drivers on writing skills.
>>
Eerily similar to parent-teacher conferences in grade school ...
>>
>>1112649
Idk man thier are various flavors of this bullshit ranging from "avg is great u ah gud boy" to "we are going to rate you on a scale of 1-5, and even though 3 is 'average' 4 is "above average' and 5 is "outstanding" we are going to punish you for anything less than a 5 in the 30 different competencies we rate you on"

The one I have now is ok, but so fucking complex it takes a PHD to understand.
>>
>>1112939
OMB|V|||

Also, cocaine.
>>
Keeping wages down.
>>
the easy solution here is to not give a shit and refuse to underperform
stay quiet, keep your head down, and just take the piddly 1-3% raises until you have enough years of experience to move up to the next position
>>
>>1113822
overperform*
>>
>>1112649
We have Objectives and Core Competencies (rated 1 to 5).
If you achieve the Objectives, you get your bonus (it's 3-tiered), and these cannot be part of your day to day work.
The Core Competencies is your day to day work and your salary increase depends on it; if you rate yourself high, you need to back yourself up with examples.

I keep an "Achievements" file on my desktop and record everything from big successes to tiny victories throughout the year, and post it on the system after I give myself big ol' 5s in each competency.
Then wear down my boss and only sign off the final version when she agrees with me.

From what I've heard only 4% of the staff are allowed to be "top performers" because that's all the money in the bonus pot, but I am so pushy I make sure I get max each year.
>>
>>1114133
Ha-ha what a cuck. Just work for a small software company where every employee matters and can contribute in a meaningful way without it getting overlooked. What a massive waste of time and money.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.