[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's some claims that Donald Trump could've gotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: snp 500.jpg (88 KB, 839x731) Image search: [Google]
snp 500.jpg
88 KB, 839x731
There's some claims that Donald Trump could've gotten even richer is he just "did nothing" and invested in the SNP 500. He would've had 8 billion, instead of 2-4 billion through his own investments/companies.

While I really want to invest in it, it's been steadily decreasing for 3 years now. All evidence points to it being on a major downturn again.

Is it really worth investing in the SNP 500?
>>
File: snp 5002.jpg (81 KB, 822x704) Image search: [Google]
snp 5002.jpg
81 KB, 822x704
>>1112570
The law of averages, and patterns, shows us that the SNP has peaked, and it's going to keep declining now until it reaches $600 dollars again, before making another ascent.

How is this a stable, worthwhile thing to put your money into? I mean, if you didn't invest in March of 2009-Jan 2014 the absolute latest, seems like you're going to be losing money no matter what.

Am I wrong in this?
>>
>>1112576
The S&P has grown a whopping 1336% since 1988. If you had invested $1,000,000 in an s&p index fund you would have $13 million dollars.
>>
>>1112595
In 1988, but we're not in 1988 anymore.
>>
>>1112570 (OP)
>it's been steadily decreasing for 3 years now
No it hasn't. Jesus, if you can't even get your facts straight, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously in life.

>All evidence points to it being on a major downturn again
By all evidence, you mean your "gut feeling"? Because last time I checked the economy was chugging along just fine, unemployment is the lowest in a decade, and inflations remains in check. Stay off /pol/ faggot. The happening is not happening.
>>
>>1112616
Look at the graphs you idiot.
>>
>>1112630
>you idiot
Typical /biz/ moron. Can't even read market results, let alone make rational decisions without letting his tender feelings guide the way. Enjoy poverty, faggot.

S&P 500 Returns
2015 1.40%
2014 13.69%
2013 32.39%

Hmmm, not seeing any market declines there. You did say last three years, right?

Shall we go back even further? (Protip: You'll still look like a moron.)

>#rekt
>>
>>1112570
>SNP 500
>>
File: F1.png (54 KB, 1338x775) Image search: [Google]
F1.png
54 KB, 1338x775
>>1112576
we are ´heading for a insane 10 year rally starting end of 2016
>>
File: DildoSales.png (35 KB, 1345x613) Image search: [Google]
DildoSales.png
35 KB, 1345x613
>>1112708
Check this gambler's fallacy out too.

Great opportunities abound!
>>
>>1112595
You're off my a factor 10. Its 136 million dollars.
>>
I think we may a correction this year because trade is down and oil states refuse to cut production.
>>
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-probably-better-investing-donald-233020366.html

>"Now we need to establish his net worth at some point in the past.
>Trump was on the Forbes 400 in 1982, when the magazine published its first annual list of America’s wealthiest denizens.
>That year, Forbes said Trump’s fortune was “estimated at over $200 million,” but also acknowledged that Trump claimed it was “$500 million,”
>Imagine Trump had retired in 1982, sold his real estate holdings and invested his $500 million in the S&P 500 — that is, 500 stocks representing the American stock market.
>From 1982 through the end of 2014, the S&P 500 index had an annualized return, including reinvested dividends, of 11.86 percent, according to MoneyChimp’s S&P 500 Compound Annual Growth Rate calculator.
>Per this calculator, every dollar invested in January 1982 would have been worth $40 by December of 2014. That means Trump’s initial $500 million would have grown to $20 billion. That’s twice what Trump says he’s worth today.

You can argue he wouldn’t have been as happy doing that – seeing his name on buildings and creating interesting new projects had more value to him, therefore making it the more rational course of action. There’s also the fact he’s benefited society in the form of construction jobs, property taxes, etc., that otherwise wouldn’t have existed so it was a net gain for civilization. It’s still worth noting for the financial purists who are interested in the bottom line.
>>
Bumpy for interest
>>
Time in the market > Timing the market
Don't worry about crashes. In the grand scheme of things, they're quite insignificant. By buying at the bottom, you might have a couple percent more profit in 20 years.
>>
>>1112847
didnt trump inherit ~ 200 million like rubio claimed making trump a trust fund baby
>>
>>1112872
without the inheritance trump would be selling watches on times square
>>
>>1112708
1940-50 doesn't match. Why is it highlighted?
>>
>>1112865
He's got inventory too. Loads of buildings and businesses are literally his. In some philosophies that's worth more than raw capital, if you can sustain their profitability.
>>
>>1112608

Nope, it's <current_year> which means everything goes out the window.
>>
How many billions of dollars do you need before you consider yourself a success?

I currently have $1002.83 in my checking account.
>>
>>1112769
Make a nice graph and then just use it without axis labels next time some idiot says something dumb. Then show it again with axis labels just to see end results
>>
>>1113043
His buildings and business are taken in account when evaluating his worth.
You should learn some accounting or you're going to fuck yourself money wise.
>>
>>1112872
Most of his wealth comes from more nepotism than inheritance. His dad put in him charge of the family empire more or less straight out of college, and a few times would bail him out when he fucked up.
>>
>>1112570
Invest in it this week it'll probably go up a bit
>>
>>1112570
>There's some claims that Donald Trump could've gotten even richer is he just "did nothing" and invested in the SNP 500. He would've had 8 billion, instead of 2-4 billion through his own investments/companies.

This has been pretty thoroughly debunked.

Also the date they use in this ''claim'' was the start of an unprecedented rise in stockmarket value

Do some basic googling
>>
>>1112872
Trump got a development in Cincinnati to start with; he doesn't come from nothing, but (for a while) he was extraordinarily good at multiplying that patrimony many times over.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.