[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a position as a coordinator at the same company my father
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1407797987530.jpg (183 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1407797987530.jpg
183 KB, 640x640
I got a position as a coordinator at the same company my father works for. It isn't what I want to do as a career, and I've been having a lot of guilt over being hired and been having thoughts like,

>"You were only hired because of who your father is"
>"All taking a position at your father's company proves is that you're unemployable anywhere else"
>"You're depriving someone who really cares about your line of work of their big break"
>"You'll never be a man at this job. You'll always be your Daddy's Boy."

How do I deal with the guilt that I have and not let it get in the way at work?
>>
You tell your therapist these thoughts.
>>
>>1112545
You're a faggot.

OP, just muddle through for awhile until you have a chance to do what you really want to do. There are alot of people who are handed jobs and never do the introspective you're doing. You're already ahead of those assholes. Keep working towards your goals and you'll leave them in the dust.
>>
File: 1452732016698.gif (1 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1452732016698.gif
1 MB, 500x333
>>1112537
>if you don't exploit your good fortune
>to make the world better
>by earning lots of money
>and investing it in things
>you believe in
>to make
>the world
>better
>....
>^if you don't do that
>I'll hunt you down
>and skin you alive
>....
>you will pray for death
>if you don't man up
>and do what you must
>for the greater good
>you goddamn whiney faggot
>grow a pair you piece of shit
>or shoot yourself
>blow your brains out
>all over the insides
>of the skyscraper glass panes
>of your 42nd floor corner office windows
>....
>seriously
>just do it
>>
>>1112537

Quit crying man, I would kill for the same thing.

My dad had a company and I did not get shit. No job no anything. I had to start my own business with nothing. I would gladly trade what I had to go through for a cushy family position.

Just accept it and be greatful. Work hard to benefit the company and your coworkers, as a means of appreciation for the gift you received.
>>
I went through the same thing. I stayed in order to help regain some control on my mother's side. AKA I took the job to help her out and yes, I get the same impressions because I am vice-president. This is how I deal:

Lots of pot - it's very fucking stressful and honestly couldn't do without it at this point.

Remember my life goals - The way I see it is, this will help pay off my debt, get my own place to stay, and fund my future endeavours. Got a house out of it so far and that will suffice for dealing with the stress of helping her run her company for now.

Stay positive - fuck everybody else with a smile

Do the work as if you believe it - this can get quite tricky, especially that in our cases we don't like the job or in my case I swore I would never do this field ever when I was younger. But lo and behold I here I am. I try to pick the positives of what I'm doing and stick to that. I like to be competent in anything I do and I gain confidence doing just that.

I find comfort in that the fact that I'm helping out my mother and that I will leave when I see she's at a better state with her company, as gay as that may sound I guess. Also, more positives with the job:

- Company pays breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- Little late? Big fucking deal. Very late? Meh, just don't make it a habit.
- No hogboss on my back scrutinizing my work
- Get to make business decisions that actually matter
- Company cards
- Can go as I please if I need to/feel like it (reasonably though)

Ultimately, it's up to you. But I would go for it. Even if its just for a while. You'll gain good experience and/or money/ any other reason that would work for you. Fuck those other people, who cares what they think. The important thing is what you think. And if you'd like, prove them wrong. Be better at their job. I am top nacho here besides the Queen herself, but I did it with effort and conduct. It wasn't handed to me.
>>
File: th-1.jpg (9 KB, 296x222) Image search: [Google]
th-1.jpg
9 KB, 296x222
>>1112537
Remember all their names. Have a meeting with your father. Tell him what they said.

That will end it.

I went through the same thing as a friend of a retired CEO. They told me, "As soon as -------- dies, you'll be fired." (My friend was in his 80s.)

I told my friend what they said and he was emotionless. Told me that business could get cut throat from time to time. Told me not to worry about it.

Two years later all those guys were gone. I had a great paying job.

Always tell your mentor/patron what the people say about your relationship with that mentor/patron. Always.

Pic related.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.