[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what jobs are safe from this? I'm thinking of going into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: abb-automation.png (164 KB, 720x379) Image search: [Google]
abb-automation.png
164 KB, 720x379
So what jobs are safe from this?
I'm thinking of going into cybersecurity...is that a bad idea?
>>
Cybersecurity will absolutely grow in the future. Already growing at a great rate. Infeasible in my eyes to be replaced by robos or advanced programs. Someone needs to write them anyway
>>
>>1112452
>Someone needs to write them anyway

Eventually programs will be able to write themselves.
>>
>>1112459
cybersecurity is different, not only that but there's also the matter of efficiency of code. cybersecurity is absolutely a good domain to go in.
>>
>>1112459
maybe 40000 years later, but not soon
>>
>>1112464
>>1112466

A.I is closer than you think
>>
>>1112476
>and it's further than you think.
There is plenty of time to build a career before AI comes to its fruition in 21xx
>>
>>1112459
we'll probably be dead before that happens
>>
>>1113018
THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR
REPENT
BUY SHARES IN JESUS CHRIST WHILE YOU STILL CAN
>>
File: 5082486.jpg (61 KB, 600x290) Image search: [Google]
5082486.jpg
61 KB, 600x290
>>1112364
> cybersecurity in the year 2040
>>
>>1112459
programs do write themselves. It call a compiler.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 800x559
>>1113027
>>
Pls no bully, but therapist
>>
>>1112364
That's fine, OP, but I would highly consider getting your master's in computer science with a concentration in machine learning. You need to keep up with the meta here.
>>
>>1112459
Ehhhhh. I think there will be programs or a program that writes programs. You only need one. So combine NLP -> Use cases -> what classes / methods do I need? -> code -> program and then maybe combine that with a PSD which can be auto generated, maybe it auto generates 12 of them and you pick the one you like, and BAM instant web site/app/whatever.

I can't wait to be out of work.
>>
>>1113013
I'm just a humble app developer, but I see 95% of jobs being lost to AI by 2050 at the latest.
>>
>>1113110
i could see it working for simple programs but trying to fit it into a larger framework would be a disaster
>>
>>1112364
>So what jobs are safe from this?
Robotics.
>>
>>1112364
Mechanical engineering?
Is that safe, 2nd year here, it's possible for me to transfer to another engineering (but I find mechanical the most interesting) and still keep nearly all my units as there is alot of overlap at the start
>>
File: cyberpunk feels.jpg (411 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk feels.jpg
411 KB, 1280x1256
>>1112364

>So what jobs are safe from this?

Shadowrunner.
>>
>>1113112
You really think AI will take over coding before 2050? do you really code?
>>
>>1112459
>Eventually programs will be able to write themselves.
nope, a program needs a purpose, a machine has no individual purpose other than the one imprinted by us. thats why it will never write a program for the sake of itself, but only for the sake of us - namely a compiler.
>>
File: make_it_stop_boy_meets_world.gif (496 KB, 500x215) Image search: [Google]
make_it_stop_boy_meets_world.gif
496 KB, 500x215
>>1113042
computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer, computer,
>>
Physics

Good job programming natural curiosity, abstract thinking and the contemplation of reality itself. Not saying it's impossible, just faaaar off in the future. Besides, when computers are able to do this, we'll be in the singularity anyways in which case jobs (and the human experience in general) won't even be a thing.

In the mean time I'll enjoy working on figuring out commercially viable nuclear fusion and become a billionaire once I do :^)
>>
>>1113593
meant to say 'good luck' obv
>>
dick sucking. robots have pointy teeth. great market opportunity for you, better jump on it
>>
>>1113553
I code shit that could be done by a machine easily.Everything could be done by a machine. If you set it up properly.
Really the only thing they would need to do is create somthing that imports a photoshoip PSD file. I know that have that already for web. Someone just needs to hook up all the parts.
>>
>>1113586
We're busy creating God's brain, join in or get the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>1113707
>I code shit that could be done by a machine easily.

that's pretty sad man
>>
File: robot-chasing-woman.jpg (38 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
robot-chasing-woman.jpg
38 KB, 500x395
>>1113708
fuck you Ray you'll never get me alive
>>
>>1113712
Well. I'm just being honest. "I need a home screen that does X, I need X kind of menu that creats itself based on an API, I need X screens, each on has this information on it.

Robots could do this work easily. I know it's sad. That's why I'm trying to get a higher level of education and train the robots myself.
>>
>>1113730
whipping up a home screen that does X is fine, but integrating it properly into a functioning back end with no issues? that's a whole other beast. what about maintaining the code, testing it, adding extra functionality later based on preexisting code ? not saying it's impossible to automate one day, but right now we're far from it
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.