[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got my first real job, how should I go about keeping this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CYXZGh-UQAEiYjL.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CYXZGh-UQAEiYjL.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
I just got my first real job, how should I go about keeping this job. How do I make sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do without people looking over my shoulder making sure I'm doing it right. Also how do I be sociable in a work environment?
>>
>>1112358
Dont be a faggot.
>>
>>1112363
explain
>>
>>1112358
>Also how do I be sociable in a work environment?
don't wear the clothes the school shooters wear for a starter
>>
>>1112358
Agree with everyone on everything and don't do a better job than anyone or they'll be super butthurt.
>>
Right place, right time, and right uniform is always a good start.
>>
>>1112917
You don't want to be everyones friend anyway. Just show interest try to learn as much as possible then once you are the best start teaching others. Then jump on that dere promotion.
>>
>>1112358
What sector you in?

- Ask questions to your boss & colleagues

- bring a notepad everywhere and write shit down (even if you're not gonna use it)

- make an excel/word document which guides you through all different actions you have to do/did.

- If you make a mistake, tell it to your boss & try to solve it asap instead of sweeping it under the rug.

- kiss ass and be friendly. Always say yes whenever someone asks you to do smth work-related

- act as if it's the best job you could have. Mention that you'd like to stay at the company (even if you don't)

- ask for advice. Don't try to correct. If you know smth better than your colleagues, try to turn it around as if they were the ones that helped you. Express your thanks.

- be sociable at work. Always write "Hi xxx," in your email instead of "Dear xxx," whenever it concerns people you already know.

- work more than you're paid for. Bosses (&colleagues) notice people who are often on the workfloor. If you're doing a good job they will probably put you in a 'young potential pool'.

- ask for feedback whenever unsure about something.
In short: just do your work and kiss asses
>>
>>1113689
Literally, it's the opposite of most of this stuff. Your superiors HATE when you ask questions and they HATE when you try to kiss ass. They also HATE hearing about your mistakes.

Just sit down, shut up and get shit done without any major mistakes. If you can't figure it out, you're working late tonight until you can.
>>
>>1114061
>Just sit down, shut up and get shit done without any major mistakes

yeah I agree, but IF you make a major mistake you should just tell them & ask advice. I'm talking for someone with 0-3months experience.

Asking questions is good because you seem interested in the job & willing to learn.
I've applied all of these things and the bosses love me for it. I'm also a good worker so that helps too
>>
Keep a schedule well kept of what projects you're responsible for and when they're do.
>>
>>1114061
How the fuck are you supposed to learn how to do your job without asking questions?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.