[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf is wrong with people from 50-60+ ? Always projecting their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
Wtf is wrong with people from 50-60+ ?
Always projecting their bullshit like "back in my day I did this and I was successful" like are they kidding or what?!!

Its 2016 how the fuck is our era the same as there is ?!!

Do they even understand how hard it is to be employed these days? or how much university costs? apparently back in their day uni was free, im in 20 grand debt already and Im second year Biz and Com degree. Anyone heard old people crap on like this ?!
>>
Compared to us the baby boomers are ridiculously uninformed in general

They don't know how to use the internet and generally get their information/opinions from literal newspapers (as in physically printed) and TV pundits

Trying to have a conversation with them about this stuff is fruitless, they have no mechanism by which to learn about the reality of youth today because nobody prints it out for them
>>
>>1112175
Pretty much this. I can't believe what it must have been like for them. I'd imagine it to be similar to being born blind and deaf.
>>
>>1112180
>I'd imagine it to be similar to being born blind and deaf.
So what you niggers are saying is that metaphorically blind and deaf people were able to become more successful because reasons?

I'm being facetious, but seriously, the disparity isn't that bad. There were more jobs and education went farther, but if you're observant and driven, it's still possible to make good money.
>>
>>1112181

At that time everyone was in the same boat of information dearth

You could start a factory in a major city and be guaranteed business because nobody was able to outsource to china, or realistically even compare you to the guys across town

It's basic economic theory, in a market with perfect information nobody can make a profit
>>
>>1112181

And yes, the cream of the crop of millennials are still making it, and I'm fortunate enough to count myself among them, but basically every baby boomer made it without even trying, while we are facing an unemployment rate of 10-20% in most places
>>
great thread

I used to get angry about this sort of stuff OP but you have to realize how fast the world and culture in general is changing.

so before Internet poker, people used to watch these great "poker masters" on TV. these guys would basically play a few tournaments a month, and practice sometimes with their friends or peers or whatever. so let's say they play maybe, I don't know, a few hundred games a year.

then Internet poker comes out and suddenly these masters are losing out to college kids left and right. how does this happen? the newcomers were able to play thousands or tens of thousands of games a year, online. their knowledge and their skill developed faster, the game developed faster, and basically everything everyone knew about poker was obsolete and thrown out the window in the new rapidly evolving meta game.

life is kind of the same thing. as for why boomers say that kind of stuff, they're just narcissistic bastards who don't know any better.
>>
File: 1447707187211.jpg (184 KB, 942x663) Image search: [Google]
1447707187211.jpg
184 KB, 942x663
My parents lived in communist Poland. They never take the American Dream for granted. So they always tell me how shitty it was back then.
>>
My Grandma still thinks you can just walk in a grocery store, ask to help, and get paid in cash at the end of the day. My 2 year old niece is more competent than them. She can open a phone, go to YouTube, call her dad, open Facebook, etc.
>>
>>1112192

This too. My Aunt is a General Manager making $200K a year. She didn't even go to University. She was lucky enough to be born in a time where everything was on the job training and University was only for lawyers, doctors, etc. Now that the government controls the student loans, it's basically paying taxes. You need a degree just to be a Store Manager at McDonald's.
>>
>Do they even understand how hard it is to be employed these days?
it's not
you're just worthless
>>
In the Netherlands it's even worse. Because we found the biggest gas bubble in Europe in their time. And because fossil fuels were going to be replaced soon anyway, they tried to get it all out of the ground as soon as possible. They also spend the money as soon as possible, causing all kinds of welfare programs that don't exist anymore today.
>>
Gen Xer here, just turned 40, so you know where I am coming from.

The Baby Boomers I talk to, parents, co-workers, friends, are all in kind of a shock about how bad things are. They complain they can't find new jobs because of ageism, get pissed when people say they need to retire so Gen X can move up and Millennials can move up and just generally pessimistic as hell. The number of people I see online talking about how they can't retire because they thought they'd be able to live off of social security but can't for various reasons, ranging from wanting to be able to afford the new luxury whatever to not wanting to move to a cheaper area to still having to deal debts they've accumulated over the last 10 years. I think a lot of them have either been slapped in the face by the cold reality or are in desperate need of a dose of reality.

Gen Xers, like myself, we are just trying to figure out what to do. Those of us that could keep our houses after 2008 are trying to refinance while still upside down in our loans to get some elbow room and hopefully get some other debt paid down. We are looking up at the managers in their late 50s and up, and seriously just want them to retire so we can move up. A lot of us have gone full mercenary about work, willing to change jobs or work multiple jobs for money, be it for another company or trying to get our own side hustle going. God knows I went full mercenary and don't care what the job is as long as it pays more then my current one.
>>
>>1112211
>GM
>200k/yr

Do you really think someone would go on the Internet and just lie like that?
>>
>>1112220
Isn't Norway projected to have 800B in its trust fund by 2020?
>>
>>1112233
boomers have the most insane cognitive dissonance. they need to simultaneously assert that everything is easy to promote their own superiority (of having 'succeeded' in the most abundant time in human history) while simultaneously bitching about how the world is rapidly changing.
>>
>>1112175

>Compared to us the baby boomers are ridiculously uninformed in general

I'm in that age range and from what I see here, /out/ and /pol/ that's clearly not true you penny stock $200 portfolio loser with 87% unrealized losses.

>They don't know how to use the internet and generally get their information/opinions from literal newspapers (as in physically printed) and TV pundits

So I'm stupid and uninformed because I have read thousands of copies of the WSJ? Anywho I even know all your memes. Whatevs

>Trying to have a conversation with them about this stuff is fruitless, they have no mechanism by which to learn about the reality of youth today because nobody prints it out for them

You are trying to convince grownups that you know how their life was before you were born. Your also a nu male tranny faggot who expects a job with your shit degree, poor ethic. Do you have anything to offer the world but your Boipussy? No wonder the best advice here is to suck dick for $10 ad nauseam.

Tally ho, and have a bitter day.

PPS: it's not possible to recover from your generational trouncing but upside is since you are a tranny your life will be short.
>>
>>1112278
>you penny stock $200 portfolio loser with 87% unrealized losses
S A V A G E
>>
>I'm smarter because I don't read newspapers

Here's one you can read
>>
File: IMG_20160226_074510.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160226_074510.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>1112287

Reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>1112278
God damn anon, that man is in the ICU thanks to the brutal beating you just gave him.
>>
Its not just the rise of the youth that happens with every generation.

The WW2 generation sacrificed and helped build for the future.

BUT the baby boomer generation is a bunch of entitled, misinformed, greedy, crybabies, who grew up, worked, and got loans in the fucking easiest economic era ever. And now aftet running that oil well dry they have the gall to complain that genx, and gen y arent slaving away so they can afford their second country club membership.

Boom roasted.
>>
>>1112168
>Do they even understand how hard it is to be employed these days
Probably coming from a country with unemployment rate below 10%.

Must be total retard not to be able to get a job
>>
So /biz/ approved advice: Ignore and criticize people with over twice your life experience. Sounds legit I'll take it.
>>
>>1112309
May as well be WoW experience for what it's worth.
>>
>>1112278
>I'm in that age range

For being in that 'age range', you certainly don't appear very mature judging from the tone and childish insults of your comment.

Just a casual observation.
>>
>>1112309
experience from a bygone era that isn't applicable anymore
>>
>>1112168
>how hard it is to be employed
It's easier than ever to be employed in the modern era. Careers with benefits however, are harder to come by
>>
>>1112278
Sure thing oldtimer, just dont run your mouth like that when your in the hospital enjoying your diseases because of your cocky aditude
>>
>>1112278
In my experience your generation is very good at generalisations, so why you're taking his post so personally is beyond me.
>>
>>1112238
Jeez why the hell are you wasting your time on this shit hole.
>>
>>1112168
Can we stop worshiping the 'greatest generation' as well?

All the western empires fell apart under their reign, all the civil rights rubbish, diversity and cancerous economic prosperity in government stimulus started under their initiatives. Even the cancerous politics based on academia started with that generation going to university after the war.

Ultimately, it lies with the rising generation to rectify the situation.
>>
>>1112711

> the greatest generation ever

Ever watch Saving Private Ryan? They fought a pretty heroic and grueling war to save the world form a Nazi dictator.

Then afterwards catapulted the USA to #1 in all life categories.

Pretty strong generation.
>>
>>1112278
>being this full of himself
Dude just because you made money off other people's productivity for 20yrs doesn't make you special or important, nor that ludicrous time investment into a rag seceding your ability to cross reference. Where my retractions at?
>>
>>1112309
I have more life experience in my little finger
>>
>>1112309
the problem with their life experience is they, for the most part, lived in a world of rose-colored glasses

They had to ignore systemic problems because they were so busy dealing with the existential problems inherent to growing up in the biggest lie ever told - the cold war.

I mean, how can MAD be considered literally without satire and not wreck havoc on the entire generation's psyche. It was a big lie, and it left the people a big wreck. - Donald Trump
>>
Boomers are now realizing that their retirement goals aren't going to be achieved and need to work mcdick jobs while getting their government pension in order to survive until their death date. Boomers thought they were going to die at 55, so they spent all their money and future generations wealth to live like fat fucking retards. They're getting pushed out of the market because tehy're too expensive to keep for insurance purposes in a lot of companies. Gen Xers are taking over slowly while millennials are giving a breathing room for jobs.
>>
File: 1345763718269.jpg (372 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1345763718269.jpg
372 KB, 1200x900
ITT: whiny, arrogant, spoiled, clueless little "special snowflake" shits.

Yeah, I'm talking to you.
>>
>>1112774
>attributing content he didn't make to a shitpost
*tipshat*
>>
> or how much university costs?

This is a lame meme

My eldest is going to college for free because he studied and worked hard in high school. You should look into scholarships and grants but if you were a bad student you might have to pretend to be a tranny, a nigger, or a homo. Seriously if you can't get free college don't waste your time because you may be brain dead

apparently back in their day uni was free, im in 20 grand debt already and Im second year Biz and Com degree. Anyone heard old people crap on like this ?!
>>
>>1112778
>lies in an attempt to invalidate the disproportionate change in cost of university
How many full rides are there per university, regardless of tranny/nigger/homo status?

You voting for trump m8?
>>
>>1112778
I graduated with 18k in debt. I now work in a 3PL company making mid five figures. College is worth the debt as long its below 30k.
>>
>>1112781
>says I'm lying then asks a question

You are a dim bulb
>>
>>1112238
Are you fucking stupid lol

GMs can make up to half a million a year as far as I've seen, it may be even more.
>>
>>1112457
Could be. Even still - I'd take the advice of a level 80 vs first time player that's a level 15.

>>1112587
>broad sweeping generalization

>>1112755
Prove it.

>>1112765

We should have joined them. - Bernie Sanders
>>
>>1112781
20 years ago, there weren't many scholarship opportunities if you weren't a girl or in sports. Makes a real mockery of education when playing ball is put on such a pedastal. But it's just one more part of a fucked up country that talks a big game but mostly muddles through.

>>1113362
>----> the point
>your head
>>
>>1112278
Yeah, current uni student.

All the kids that arent getting 3.5GPA's and above complain about how the job market is unfair to them and that companies shouldnt base their hiring decisions on the prestige of the school etc

So stupid
>>
>>1112175
This 100%. Printed media literally lives thanks to 45+ demographic. It will take ~20 more years for the Internet to become a primary source of information for that demographic.

>>1112180
I've read a quote somewhere that said many of current peasants have better standard of living than aristocracy used to have. There were actually nobles who wiped their asses with a handful of soft hay.
>>
>>1112183
A market with perfect information literally demands a Matrix-kind of set up where everyone gets instant access to information and doesn't need time to consider their options.

Fun fact, some years ago there was a new cable set up between USA and UK laying on the bottom of the ocean so the stock information would get transported by literally 5ms faster. That degree of delay can be used to catch insider trading - since everything is automated and you sell in city A 10ms after release of information in city B and the information couldn't possibly cover that distance in less than let's say 15ms at light speed, you're now caught as an insider trader.
>>
>>1112778
>>1112788
I feel for you Americlap friends, EU free higher education is the tits
>>
>>1113545
So you are a not so smart, uncoordinated dude.? Why are you even going to college? Just claim you are a nigger because your dumbness will convince people. It's beautiful because niggers are held to very low standards in every realm in life. Being a faux negrow is like winning the lottery and you won't even have to smell like one
>>
>>1113561
>There were actually nobles who wiped their asses with a handful of soft hay.

I'll trade tp for hay if it means I'm in charge of a fucking medieval kingdom
>>
>tell dad (60) that I (23) got a PhD position paying 50k starting
>he just stares at me emptily
>ask him whats wrong
>well thats only about what I earn and I didnt go to university [insert monologue about his hard life], I expected... more of you
That hurt.
>>
>>1114471
yeah same thing with my parents, I am walking out of uni with about $500 debt and want toget some work experience and will get payed $30000 for an easy job and they keep going on about how they earned more than that 10 years ago and I should keep trying till I get a better job.
>>
>>1114471
>Earning as much starting as your old man with his lifetime of experience and connections
>disappointing
Pick one
>>
>>1114489
Tell them that university only meant something when nearly nobody could go
>>
>>1114508
the funny thing is $30000 a year where i live is actually really good, a nice flat in a nice area is about $110k so I really dont get what they are complaining about
>>
>>1113545
>a fucked up country that talks a big game but mostly muddles through
That's the US in a nutshell.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.