[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accepting credit cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I want to sell some stickers online for $2 a pop. I just want a simple website where users land from an ad, click a big picture of the sticker, pick quantity then pay. I can hangle setting up the website, getting the stickers, etc. My ROI looks great on paper after those expenses.

But I'm getting fucking killed on accepting credit cards. The fees would eat 50% or more of my margin. Anyone know some good merchant solutions for something as small as this?
>>
PayPal?
>>
>>1112141
did some digging, best they offer is 5%+5¢ per transaction. That's a hell of a lot better than other stuff I've found so far, but can I do better?
>>
>>1112151
Stripe.
>>
bitcoin
>>
>>1112138
Since you're not aware of paypal, I'm going to assume you're a little green to business, and I'm going to break one of the golden rules by answering a question you didn't ask.

What is your promotion strategy? If you're planning on relying entirely on search advertising, please do your homework. Adwords are basically the Emperor's New Clothes. The clickthrough rates are very low, and the bounce rates are going to be high; consequently, you're going to be spinning your wheels, spending $25 to get a single $2 sale, and that's only if you can target a ridiculous long tail search query with high interest and low competition.
>>
>>1112184
I was aware of paypal, just not the microtransaction rate. They've got a number of different pages. The first couple that I landed on through Woo said nothing about an available microtransaction rate, just 2.9%+30¢ per transaction.

Your concern is appreciated though. I'll be buying self-serve ads on specific reddit and 4chan boards on particular days and leaving a share button on the landing page.

At this point, my biggest concern is the quote the fulfillment guys get back to me with.
>>
>>1112154
All of these processors are in the same price range of ~30c + ~3% per transaction. OP needs to find a way to do bigger transactions so it doesn't eat his margin.
>>
>>1112921
Well it looks like I'm just going to have to raise the price to $4 to cover credit card charges and the shipping. Kind of bummed, I hope people like the design enough to still buy them.

Has anyone here used Shipbob? Seems almost too good to be true.
>>
* Get people to order more than one sticker per order.

* Have a minimum deposit of $10, either via gift codes or otherwise (Get a $10 gift card for $8, etc)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.