[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are finance careers like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: valley.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
valley.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
What are finance careers like?
>>
>>1111818
Boiler room but boring.
>>
File: pigsinblankets.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
pigsinblankets.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1111825
That honestly doesn't sound too bad. How is Accounting, specifically?
>>
>>1111818

Like pouring hot sauce on your dick and watching Golden Girls.
>>
>>1111830
Accounting isn't finance you retarded turbo nigger
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-26+at+01.35.11).png (29 KB, 599x300) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-26+at+01.35.11).png
29 KB, 599x300
>>1111957
>>
>>1111970
I'm not sure, Ice heard it's boring but a buddy of mine who works in accounting really enjoys his job. Makes pretty good money too.
>>
>>1111971
>>1111830
Gunna give some input.
It kinda depends on what field you go in to. So if you get an accounting degree you can major in taxes (probs the most boring and likely to be automated), but, u can probably major in consulting or something that is more interpersonal, communication skills and creative thinking.

Pay isn't that great, but, you climb the corporate ladder until you can get an opportunity to buy in to the firm and then you rake in big bucks.

I know a senior manager at a big 4 and he makes 500k a year (including his dividends so it really is dependent on how much he invests).
>>
>>1111818
Also, if you mean finance as in banking/IB/trading etc. Expect real long hours and overnighters at least once a month. Relative in there and it's 80+ workweeks, however, the pay is amazing and most of them (granted they maintain this work ethic) can become millionaires real quick.
>>
>>1111970
Business and financial operations aren't (necessarily) finance you retarded turbo double nigger
>>
>>1111818
Idk, but I just joined a marketing/sales team with this tech company. Really fun, if you like to be active (meeting new people, networking, etc.). Although I do feel that the possibilities for what you earn would be significantly less than that of a Banker or maybe Accountant. Average salary is anywhere from $40k-$80k and $90k-$130k as a Marketing Manager. It all really depends who you are working for
>>
>>1112084
>major in consulting
kek
>>
>>1112153

Looking to do the same thing. How did you get involved? Anyway to grow your income?
>>
http://www.derrotalacrisis.com/afiliados/?afiliado=navarrico08
>>
>>1112087
>Pay is amazing
Not even close. These guys work 80-100 hours a week just to earn $80,000 a year. They barely make more than a god damn mechanic hourly just so that they can work their assess off. Of course it pays off in 2-5 years when their hours go down and they're making 200k but those first couple of years will destroy you.
>>
its like any other career except the hours are a bit longer and the money is a bit better, on average.
>>
I'm going for finance at Whitman next year but i'm pretty antisocial. You guys think i picked a good degree?
>>
>>1112256
Honestly experience looks a lot better than a degree (in my opinion), I recommend going for an associates degree in Community College, see if it's something you wanna do. If so, then try grab an internship at a marketing firm or even just a business internship. Of course there is the chance it could be paid/unpaid, as a paid intern do not expect to make anything more than $15. And dude, I honestly got involved off Craigslist haha. I was looking at internships, I saw that this company that develops apps/games was looking for an intern, so I applied.
>>
>>1112256
And there is possible ways to grow your income, a lot of companies they are going to give you these incentives. So if you manage to secure a partnership with another company, the company you work for may reward you.
>>
What kind of job has people talk in a group and throw a ball to each other? I want to talk in a group and throw balls for a living.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.