[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This cost $200,000. I built a fairly large prusa i3, awhile back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
This cost $200,000. I built a fairly large prusa i3, awhile back (From scratch),and I'm currently out of a job. I have a few designs for larger printers in the 3x3x3 meter range, I just don't have any contacts or resources to build a small business. I'm looking for a place to immerse my self, the art of building without the worry of rent or money for that matter.
>>
File: 1456259592891.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1456259592891.gif
1 MB, 300x169
Looking for people to work with, I have no official education,but my passion for creating something that will move the world could is a dream I've had even as a little kid.
>>
Does no one see the potential in this a well made one for 10,000 apiece Also general 3d printer thread.
>>
>>1111811
technology like this is still in its infancy, to build anything remotely practically useful is out of question.

Although you could build stuff that are immobile (pet homes) if youd really want to.

lucrative? Definitely not
>>
>>1111794
Why don't you use your 3D printer to build 3D printers, and then sell them for $200,000 each?
>>
>>1111811
10k for that build envelope is dirt cheap. What process, like a zcorp?
>>
>>1111822

He's onto something gois.
>>
Small buildings can be built with this tech,it has a great amount of potential, just need to work on the downsides, and i think I've solved some of the maintenance problems they have, just need the resources and a place to work on it.
>>
>>1111822
max 40% can be built with the printer, trying to figure out making compact accurate steppers with it, but that's going to involve a lot of stuff.
>>
>>1111831
not really a fan of powder layering,but if the build quality is better i don't have a problem learning a bit about igt
>>
File: 3dp-friday-14.jpg (85 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
3dp-friday-14.jpg
85 KB, 800x585
bump for interest. I'm surprised more people are not interested.
>>
>>1111819
>technology like this is still in its infancy, to build anything remotely practically useful is out of question.
Que? They've been used in industry for decades.
>>
>>1111822
Why not build 3d printer that can build 3d printers that can build 3d printers?
This way your source of income can just be printed.
>>
>>1111794
You can't compare your dumb FDM hobby printer to a modern multi-material UV cured polyjet printer.
>>
>>1111822
>not 3d printing money
>>
>>1111804
Can you help me design my product? I been looking for way to create a prototype and this might be the best bet.
>>
>>1111794
Sounds like you need to 3d print yourself some contacts, resources, a small business, and an place to live.
>>
>>1112341
shapeways.com lets you 3d print whatever and they send it to you, why not go there with your cad models?
>>
>>1112378
>cad models
I dont have any cad models, i actually need to get that done as well. I just have a very rough mock up of the product and its features with some ideas on how it will function. So i am trying to figure out the next step in creating a prototype of my product, had interest from companies but they all backed off after they discovered i had no prototype.
>>
>>1112390
Well it depends a bit if it's a mechanical product or electronic, and then if you want a visual prototype or functional.
>>
>>1112395
Its a simple cutter so I guess and its mechanical, looking for a functioning prototype. I have been trying to do research on who I should go to but its a bit confusing from industrial engineers to "product designers" and other job titles that can possibly help in the design of the product. I am just looking for one guy to go to, so i can get a functioning prototype or even just the designs for a functioning prototype.
>>
>>1111811
I was out at Fastenal the other day and I met a guy who does bespoke 3d printers for local businesses. He showed me one similar in size to the one in the video he had sold for $15k. He had cards on the counter at Fastenal. You might be able to advertise your services through a local business that serves the kind of people who would need a large 3d printer.
>>
File: IMAG1339.jpg (894 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1339.jpg
894 KB, 2688x1520
Acme rod will be a bitch to find. I had the same idea 36x36x36

McMaster will have the rods for you if you live within the USA.

Yes you can scale the area of the printer within the settings. But you will need to move the stepper motor that is on the extrudeer to a new location to reduce the weight of the carriage.

This will also improve the speed of the printer.

The issue you're going to run into is the support
For the customers

People that want these are dumb as fuck. I built pursa i3 for achy firms and businesses. You will get dumb calls like I went in and changed a bunch of stuff and my print slammed into x, axis everything is fucked. Why did you let this happen.

It's a good idea. But prototyping it and guides are the key
>>
>>1112257
just think about the 3D printer pyramid scheme of the 21st century
>buy this 3D printer so it can generate more 3d printers
>sell more 3d printers to newcomers and tell them the same thing
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.