[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings, if you guys would have listened to me a few month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: domains.jpg (1 MB, 3152x1546) Image search: [Google]
domains.jpg
1 MB, 3152x1546
Greetings, if you guys would have listened to me a few months ago when I said to buy up .xyz domains, you too would have a small fortune by now.

China is going to ban .com so to speak very soon, don't believe me? You will see after March 1st, more like by the end of March.
Chinese have been buying up new extensions that are licensed and soon to be licensed there. Extensions like .top, .xyz. wang. Look at the number of registrations and where they are coming from in the last few months, mostly Chinese.

Basically the bitcoin for the chinese are domain names, they see them as almost real estate.
I currently have over 500 premium .xyz names, Chinese chips without aeiou (chinese do not like vowels for the most part), and also NNNN's. N= number domains and LLL = letters.

Pic related, that's from last year, go compare it to the stats right now, no other extension in history has jumped that high in such little time. Chinese are buying up all premium names, chips you can find.
>>
>>1111645

So where does the money come? How am I gonna get rich? Well, Chinese buy number .coms for thousands of dollars, premiums for tens of thousands. It is no different with .xyz, albeit it is cheaper now but not for too long, it's growing faster than .com ever did.

Current XYZ's sold within the past month.

9.xyz = $170,250
yy.xyz = $37,500
22.xyz = $25,800
zz.xyz = $17,100
pz.xyz = $8,100
118.xyz = $7,500
xxx.xyz = $6,450

premium keyword names sold,, that were bought for only $1

tags.xyz 301 USD 2016-02-24 NameJet
jjj.xyz 9,600 USD 2016-02-23 NameJet
synergy.xyz 280 USD 2016-02-23 NameJet
sword.xyz 190 USD 2016-02-19 NameJet
supplier.xyz 313 USD 2016-02-17 NameJet
jel.xyz 310 USD 2016-02-17 NameJet

It just recently passed .biz registrations which has been around for over a decade, soon it will pass .info registrations, then .org and .net, quite easily actually. .net only has like 15 million registrations and has been here for decades.

The next .com is .xyz

You have to remember there are 3x as many people on the internet in China than in the united states. There is a reason why Google used .xyz as their parent company page.

Not trying to sell you guys anything, everyone bought their lotto tickets so to speak, none left anyways.

anyone here invest in domains? Been doing it for almost 10 years now.
>>
Considering Chinese investors continue to offer me $40k to $60k for my LLL.com's, I think you're full of shit.
>>
>>1111763

>I think you're full of shit.

How is anything I said bullshit?

I never said anything about LLL.com's, nice try though. You need to face the facts that new gtlds will continue to grow, and it will continue to hurt .com prices. Especially since thedomains.com just recently sold their entire portfolio to Godaddy. Dot com investors are so pissed that they bitched to west.cn to stop promoting non .com domains, .XYZ especially.

You can read about that incident here.

>Big Chinese .com investors are pissed with West.cn

https://www.namepros.com/threads/big-chinese-com-investors-are-pissed-with-west-cn.921833/

HILARIOUS! everyone is dumping .com now. Should be nice to pick up some flash sales. But yeah, wait until after April, you don't know what you are talking about.

and yes although LLL.com you can pull 40K to 60K, you will not get those numbers in 5 to 10 years, im telling you now.

There is just wayyy too many extensions coming out. Alphabet moved to .xyz, you can reach it at www.abc.xyz. They will update it before the year is over, including gv.xyz for google ventures, boston dynamics and all their divisions, will be held on that extension. But it also means something in chinese, it is also almost done in being certified for Chinese use.

The writings on the wall. You can see that when well known domain investors bought up every single LLLL CCC NNNNN few months ago.
>>
>>1111779
>I never said anything about LLL.com's, nice try though.

>China is going to ban .com so to speak very soon
>>
>>1111800

I said so to speak, but basically nobody really knows yet but it's pointing to something LIKE that.

>The regulations, set to come into effect on March 10, will prohibit foreign ownership and joint ventures in online publishing and stipulate that all content be stored on servers in China.

>According to the rules, online publishing includes digital work in the fields of literature, art and sciences, such as texts, images, maps, games and audio-visual reading material. Online games must receive advance approval from authorities.

.xyz is closest to approval. .com has yet to apply there.

you can read more about this, it's nothing new, they have been talking about it for some time now.

http://domainnamewire.com/2015/12/03/china-to-enforce-real-name-verification-on-com-domain-names/

or

very recently http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/23/a-guide-to-chinas-new-online-publishing-rules-for-foreign-media/
>>
>>1111763
Wait, why have you not sold for that amount of money? Unless you use the domain name, I can't fathom why you'd hold onto one when you're being offered 50 thousand fucking dollars.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.