[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /biz/ think of Tim Ferriss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 474574535.jpg (182 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
474574535.jpg
182 KB, 639x639
what does /biz/ think of Tim Ferriss?
>>
>>1111558

/biz/, collectively, doesn't think much about anything. Have you seen the threads?
>>
>>1111558
I like the guy, and I like the attitude of tinkering and testing and applying it to everything.

He's legit, but I don't think his business model is. Rather, it was a legit model for him because he was smart enough to come up with it by himself, but once an idea reaches best-seller status and thousands of copy-cats hop on board, the boat has long sailed.

His financial advice is sound, and I think what there is to learn from him is more a general way of processing things, rather than a detailed how-to. Definitely someone I look up to.
>>
>>1111558
He's a great sales person, repackaging old ideas and selling them to idiots looking for an easy life.
>>
File: 1428105157880.jpg (12 KB, 235x177) Image search: [Google]
1428105157880.jpg
12 KB, 235x177
>Claims to make 40k/month off of a sketchy pseudo drug that no one has heard of.

mfw
>>
I enjoy his podcast.
>>
Stupid over privileged faggot.

>born in hamptons
>parents sent him to prep school
>well connected family gets him into princeton
>claims he makes $40k/month off of his rebranded miracle pills
>ends up selling his company for only $500k
>all of his money actually comes from writing his shitty books
>dead sociopathic eyes

Probably the only "successful" guy I can think of off the top of my head that I hate
>>
>>1112236
so much bullshit in what you said , the only truth is the first two green lines of your bullshit post.
>>
>>1112266
Then enlighten me senpai
>>
>>1112304
i will do some genral points. It is not his connection wich got him in princeton. His academic advisor told him not to go there because he had little chance to get in. Tim applied anyway, and rocked his interview. His "mircale pill" is a drug that helped professional bodybuilders. The succes of the pill was mostly due because of his marketing skills. His money do not come only from making books since he invest alot mostly in tech compagnies. He lived very well before his books.

If you really want to know him , go on his blog , he has amazing podcasts with very succesful people. Also read the 4HWW ( the by-step method to get wealthy is outdated but the principles in the book are still very good.)
>>
>>1112343
fuck off, tim.
>>
File: 1455737327043.png (461 KB, 742x776) Image search: [Google]
1455737327043.png
461 KB, 742x776
>>1111558
Don't worship him, he gives you false hope that you can become a successful entrepreneur with some simple lifehacks he prescribes in his many books/podcasts etc. You start thinking all success is just about improving schedules, imbibing certain vitamins, meditating, downloading a new app. All you have to do is follow these Silicon Valley gurus!! It's fucking bullshit. Read some real books, become an expert on your own, read biographies on actual successful people, not some fucking San Francisco Teamaker, or boxing coach FFS. These guys are addicted to new experiences and trendy shit. These guys offer exciting pop-guru advice, but there is no excuse for not putting in the real 1000 hour mastery grind and following the true greats of history.

TL;DR Shill guru, maybe valuable to understand Silicon Valley key players and mindset.
>>
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p

Tim's my spirit Animal. Here's his Creativelive Special, the 4 hour life - Healthy Wealthy Wise

Lotta good stuff.
>>
The general idea that he pushes is sound.

Humans only have an X amount of energy in which they work at peak potential by hiring people or tweaking your day to maintain more time within your peak energy is going to make you a generally more efficient person.

I don't know about a 4 hour workweek but in the modern age there is no reason to work 40 hours a week if you don't want to.
>>
File: Melthepandalover.png (97 KB, 201x454) Image search: [Google]
Melthepandalover.png
97 KB, 201x454
>>1111558

Well worth reading, but not worth drinking all his kool aids.

>4hrWW good disruptive ideas, examples
>4hr Body interesting stuff some total bs some cool to read about....none as good as Gym Jones
>4hr Chef good stuff on meta learning otherwise ....
>>
>>1112343

And people say that there are not shills on 4chan after reading bullshit like this

Please tell me you're not doing this

>for free
>>
Make money easy and fast scam.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.