[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this guy for real? If I can live off of 4% of my savings,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: mrmoney.jpg (31 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
mrmoney.jpg
31 KB, 500x200
Is this guy for real?

If I can live off of 4% of my savings, am I really home free for early retirement?

If 7% annual interest really realistic?

I was raised poor but I've managed to land a really good job, and my savings are on $7300/month since I just don't find spending money to come naturally.

According to this guy I could retire very comfortably at 40 to 42, or just say fuck it and live frugally with money leftover at 34.

I don't hate my job at all, I like it, but I see him being recommended in every business, finance, or frugal community.
>>
He's absolutely for real, he's actually mild.

EarlyRetirementExtreme is way more aggressive.

and 7% is very conservative return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHYWD29ZNY
>>
yeah, good luck getting laid with hotties by "living modestly", top kek.
>>
>>1110624
Good luck ever becoming well off by trying to impress vapid whores with your conspicuous consumption
>>
>>1110624
Wrong pitch.

Would you like to not work and just fuck all day and otherwise doing whatever the fuck you want?
>>
>>1110638
>Good luck ever becoming well off by trying to impress vapid whores with your conspicuous consumption

>not being rich enough to afford top tier whores that will fuel extreme dopamine secretions and give you extreme joy when you nut in their mouths

>not being able to do that AND have a stable portfolio of diversified stocks, bonds and cryptos

>not having all that AND your own business with passive income

>spending less not earning more

>2016

Fucking plebs I swear
Cope some more virgins
>>
>>1110655
That's a pretty nice pipe dream you've got there. I hope those crypto currencies and penny stocks work out for you Tai Lopez.
>>
>>1110614
Yes and no

He done a good job managing and saving his money no doubt. But he had a lot of breaks and damn good luck along the way.

I remember reading an article about him that basically disproved all of his bullshit. I wish i could find it again.

But essentially, you need a damn good job. No student loans, meaning you would have had to gotten a scholarship.

And the market has to boom at the exact right time for you to get the kind of money he got. He invested in the right things at the right time to get where he got. How many people can do that? I dont even think he done it intentionally, just got lucky.

His cost cutting measures will work for anybody. But you won't end up with the money to live comfortable at 40 unless you get the same lucky breaks he did, which are not likely to happen.

So is it worth trying? thats up to you.

Live in a shit home or rental. Ride a bike to work. Take a bath in your own piss to save water. Use candles to save electricity. Wipe your ass with wash rags.

Now live like that for 10 years and hope to never have anything bad ever happen to you. Such as injury or medical problem or firing or anything like that.

With also dealing with the fact you will probably have a hard time finding a gf who considers Hardees a date night. And you won't have friends or anything remotely like a life.
>>
>>1110614
>$7300/mo

damn OP thats fucking impressive as shit. i make 60k but after taxes i only get to take home ~$3200/mo. then with all my payments in lucky to save ~$1200/mo.

what the hell are you doing to earn enough to save a massive $7300/mo?
>>
>and my savings are on $7300/month
this happened.
>>
>>1110672
>>1110675
I butchered the conversion rate, no idea how.

I save $2000.

Point still stands, though.
>>
His basic concept is gold. Live frugal, don't be a moron, retire early.

>>1110621
>and 7% is very conservative return.

Bullshit. 5% is realistic after-tax return. You can get more with real estate (what MMM does often), but that market is more risky and volatile. You could easily find yourself out 100k. It's also more work to flip a house than to buy a few securities and sit on your ass.
>>
>>1110663
>Ignoring the fact where I mentioned business and passive income

>ignoring parts where I mentioned diversified stock and bond portfolio

lol cope harder
>>
>>1110689
So why don't you tell us a little bit about your multi-million dollar generating business?
>>
>>1110655
>>not being rich enough to afford top tier whores that will fuel extreme dopamine secretions and give you extreme joy when you nut in their mouths
If those things make you happy, sure. I hate to sound passive aggressive, but that you think dopamine is "happiness" or fulfillment is quite misinformed.

>not being able to do that AND have a stable portfolio of diversified stocks, bonds and cryptos
>not having all that AND your own business with passive income
>spending less not earning more
The point, at the very least for me, is not having to work to not die. It frees up bargaining at your job, taking chances, and the ability to live with no job.
This is a very powerful position to be in, since it allows new opportunities to earn more money. This includes starting your own business.

You seem very aggressive.
>>
>>1110706
>If those things make you happy, sure. I hate to sound passive aggressive, but that you think dopamine is "happiness" or fulfillment is quite misinformed.

Biology doesn't lie. Fucking hot whores makes your brain feel good, living on peanuts does not.

>The point, at the very least for me, is not having to work to not die.

>not having your own business in which you are happy to work
>not putting in manager who does all the hard work while you fuck hot sluts
>>
>>1110718
>muh dick something something muh whores
Theres about a billion things that are more fulfilling if you have a triple digit IQ
>>
>>1110718
>Biology doesn't lie
You just activated my trap card.
I've studied Medicine, which is pretty much human biology, that's why my wage is high.
>>
>>1110689
>Cope harder virgin while I fantasize about getting off my lazy ass and having more sex than you! lol!!11!!1!1!!2
>>
>>1110778
I think everyone is already laughing at him.
>>
>>1110728
Sour grapes ugly nerd detected. Step off your high horse and open eyes to truth, to see what you are missing, fucking virgin I swear
>>
>>1110782
Laugh through tears of jealousy skinny, /biz/nerds.
>>
>>1110785
This would be more fun if you didn't come off ass actually retarded.

>laughs at virgins coping

>Has completely unrealistic and idiotic goals because "I have sex, so now I know that's all that matters.

Everyone's had sex, go die in a fire. It sounds like you're the one coping senpai.
>>
>If 7% annual interest really realistic?
In Brazil. Otherwise you'll need to learn stock and options trading.
>>
>>1110794
>Everyone's had sex, go die in a fire.

>implying there is not a huge difference having sex with easily accessible average sluts and top tier hotties.
>>
File: omg look at him.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
omg look at him.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>1110803
And this is where it's clear your head is too far up your own ass to talk to.

Cheers mate. Have fun with those "Top tier hotties" for me
>>
In the meantime.

>>1110683
Mine was before tax but his plan is Utilizing the full power of Tax advantaged accounts.

also I don't like the term realistic when discussing investment.
>>
>>1110813
>coping this hard

Go dispute dopamine secretions from fucking top tier hotties, lol go ahead

Fucking cucks
>>
File: Sucks nerd.gif (948 KB, 200x157) Image search: [Google]
Sucks nerd.gif
948 KB, 200x157
>>1110848
>Thinking I'm disputing "dopamine secretions"

Good job following along buddy.
>>
>>1110614
Some of his advice is good, some is questionable, he even admits himself he is wrong occasionally
You can use his life as a blueprint but don't hang on his every word like some of the retards of /biz/
>>
>>1110848
YOU YOURSELF ARE COPING BY MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE THAT HAVEN'T HAD SEX AND IMAGING A LIFE WHERE YOU GET TO JUST HAVE SEX ALL DAY AND MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. Like are you able to understand that? The rest of us aren't coping just because we realize that there are other things that create "dopamine secretion" aside from fucking some used up whore you would call a "Top tier hottie" Like I don't even know why I'm explaining this to a troll, you're not that dumb, at leas for your sake I hope not.
>>
File: hemad.jpg (20 KB, 370x300) Image search: [Google]
hemad.jpg
20 KB, 370x300
>>1110882
>>
>>1110886
Mostly just trying to get my point across and caps lock is effective. I wasn't sure how to get that point across without just typing out the sentence. I am bad at articulating myself.
>>
You can retire with $200K (with comfort) if you are willing to get out of the USA and live in the Caribbean.
>>
>>1110614

Read his site, it's all good stuff. Even his mistakes are good learning points. Just remember you've got to be willing to save and invest at least 50% of your income and cut expenses to the bone.
>>
>>1110909
thus live a boring boring life.

I'd rather drink and holiday and fuck desu
>>
http://mustachecalc.com/

interesting toy
>>
>>1111001
He does bro, his life is one long vacation, between drinking and fucking.
>>
>>1110903
Where?
>>
File: 0006-12steps-finance.png (247 KB, 530x2209) Image search: [Google]
0006-12steps-finance.png
247 KB, 530x2209
>>1110903
> comfort
> The Caribbean
> pick one

widespread power outages, rampant poverty, food shortages, corruption, shit medicine, island prices, decent place to vacation but to live its ass, unless all you do is scuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2fZJm1gU3U

South America significantly better
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.