[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he actually thinks Bitcoin or Ethereum are a viable alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1456399517790.png (1004 KB, 2000x1658) Image search: [Google]
1456399517790.png
1004 KB, 2000x1658
>he actually thinks Bitcoin or Ethereum are a viable alternative to fiat because of their finite quantity
>not realizing most governments dumped the gold standard primarily because it made it impossible to enact their own independent monetary policy to tackle the great depression and excessive military debts from WW2, Vietnam etc.
>implying humanity can ever maintain peace indefinitely

I think bitcoin or ethereum have the potential to go the moon because of their finite quantities (i.e. can't counterfeit them), but it sure as hell ain't replacing fiat,like EVER, you deluded libertarian cucks
>>
>>1110523
Ethereum doesn't need to replace money to be worth 1000X it's current price.

It will be the currency of the internet. Bitcoin 2.0
>>
>>1110523
>cryptos won't work because governments can't manipulate it to pay for their bad decisions

I don't follow ?
>>
Nothing prevents both from existing, faggot.
>>
You don't think cryptocurrencies are fiat currencies, op? Do those blockchain private keys people mine as physical as gold?
>>
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194 KB, 660x393) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194 KB, 660x393
>>1110523
>comparing Bitcoin to gold
ETH is a meme that will never be safe as a currency, it can be useful for complex smart contracts, but Bitcoin Script can get as complex as you want, so ETH will be a pretty thin niche.
Not to mention anyone with a brain wouldn't put their money on a turin complete machine to run something that's supposed to be as bulletproof as possible (BTC was designed non-TC in purpose), something that low IQ ETH bagholders seem to ignore.
>>
>>1110527
>Ethereum doesn't need to replace money to be worth 1000X it's current price.

Ether wont replace money...It is a means to fuel secure transaction processing. So its not meant to replace currency

>It will be the currency of the internet. Bitcoin 2.0

It will not be spent like currency on the internet. It will fuel the transaction processing across the internet using many forms of payment.

Ethereum is the blockchain people. Ether is what you hold now while it is at $6.25 in hopes of each "Ether" being worth double or triple digit USD.
>>
>>1110640
>ETH is a meme that will never be safe as a currency

It is not supposed to be a currency, gaylord.

Read the whitepaper
>>
>>1110640
Bitcoin is gold/fiat
Ether is oil/fuel

They're both valuable.
>>
>>1110576
>>1110617
>>1110660

Damn, you people are actually pretty retarded
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.