[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/frugal/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: peopleiveoffended.jpg (279 KB, 1103x709) Image search: [Google]
peopleiveoffended.jpg
279 KB, 1103x709
>Get a gym membership. Saves healthcare costs in the long term, allows you to be more effective at work, and have more energy. Never shower at home.
>Only live off of fruit, vegetables, water, and occasional fish/meat. Cheap and healthy.
>Get into the habit of eating 'low end' frozen food. A bag of frozen spinach can easily cost $1 and it will feed you for an entire day.
>Learn basic carpentry and design. Ask furniture stores for spare parts they are going to throw out. Use them to build your own furniture
>Meditation is the best and cheapest way to spend your time for a good life.
>Don't get a TV
>>
>>1110343

Low sodium beans are probably better than meat by large if you're REALLY trying to jew.

The taste is less, but meat can be really expensive.
>>
>>1110347
I agree. I forgot to mention that.
Meat is too expensive in my opinion.
>>
>>1110343
some addons
>>Get a gym membership. Saves healthcare costs in the long term, allows you to be more effective at work, and have more energy. Never shower at home.
Home gym is cheaper in the long run. Just get a barbell and do SS
>>Only live off of fruit, vegetables, water, and occasional fish/meat. Cheap and healthy.
Grow fruit and veggies.
>>Learn basic carpentry and design. Ask furniture stores for spare parts they are going to throw out. Use them to build your own furniture
Use 2x4s. An 8 foot 2x4 is under 2 bucks at Home Depot. You can build a solid desk and leave it unfinished for 30 bucks. Compare that to $50 for the cheapest particle board you can find that wont last a year.
>>
>>1110343
You can jog and do isometrics for free, anon. You'd be surprised how high-tier you actually have to be for bodyweight alone to no longer be sufficient.
>>
>>1110343
I just wanted to suggest rice/lentils/beans to your list. extremely cheap and as someone already mentioned beans can be a great source of protein. it's a bland diet but spices are also pretty inexpensive.
>>
>>1110363
This is true.
I was in a different mindspace. I'm still young and the gym is where I socialize. It's a lot cheaper than a night out.
>>
>>1110343
Holy shit you know nothing bout nutrition. You would die after a year with this.

>knows NOTHING about nutrition
>everything my mom told me is healthy is all i need
>can survive on just spinage
>vegans are never sick or ill

You need protein and carbs you dipshit
>>
>>1110381
I said occasional fish & meat.
Also, low-carb diet is a thing for a reason.

and also see >>1110347
>>
>>1110364

That and a little salt can add some taste, and if you're doing a 'no meat' diet, you might actually not get ENOUGH sodium without adding salt.
>>
>>1110343
>Use IRC to download any ebook you want for free
>Use torrents and a VPN and never have to pay for cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc, only Internet connection
>if possible, carpool to work with a friend or a group to save gas
>>
File: 1449611450567.jpg (36 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1449611450567.jpg
36 KB, 500x364
Remember /frugal/ is not /cheap/

Price is what you pay value is what you get - Warren Buffet

Food stuff I'm not necessarily in disagreement with you but some things you need to keep in mind.

If you're pricing food you need to weight it correctly. My preferred measurements are nutrient and caloric density per gram.

By reducing the total mass of food you eat and maximizing the satiety and enzymatic efficiency of the meal.

By these measurements
prepared food and food in boxes - unholy expensive
fruits
vegetables
greens
meats
dairy
saturated fats
starchy vegetables and legumes - most valuable

>>1110390
This guy is right if you're doing low carb, holding on to sodium is gonna be a problem.

>Cheap protein is sardines in oil

also high spinach is very good but it is very high in oxylates, which are a major inflammation agent and kidney stressor.

> Cut the cost of meat by buying a knife and learning how to use it. Then buy subprimals and learn to butcher them yourself.
Everyone with a fridge can do this. 6-7$ per lb
> Get Social buy a full half or quarter steer and you can drop the cost of high grade meat to under $5 per lb after you pay for professional butcher less if you can do it yourself.

>Most greens grow easy as fuck if you have a lawn it should be 90% garden space

Learn to cook in and care for cast iron

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LCC3-Pre-Seasoned-Cast-Iron-3-Quart/dp/B0009JKG9M

This is by far the most versatile cooking equipment. 1 caveat, high acid foods can't be cooked here. So you need one other pot.
Better make that shit frugal too.

Make it a pressure cooker, to cut time off cooking those fucking beans and cheap cuts of meat.
I like Kuhn Rikon, and think stainless is better than aluminum. about 9qts is my size.
The pressure cooker can also act as a slow cooker with a setup to diffuse direct heat.

>>1110402
> Torrents and IRC are great, but DDL is still top tier for YUGE files JDownloader ftw
>>
>>1110740
Are you chinese?

Also saved.
>>
>>1110355
Spot on

>Use 2x4s. An 8 foot 2x4 is under 2 bucks at Home Depot. You can build a solid desk and leave it unfinished for 30 bucks. Compare that to $50 for the cheapest particle board you can find that wont last a year.

Wrap it in a free veneer and you'd never know the difference!
>>
>>1110381
Holy shit you're retarded. You can get complete protein profiles as a vegetarian. Just because many vegetarians eat nothing but carbs doesn't mean it can't be done right.
>>
>>1110343
>Pee in the backyard to save money on utility
>>
>>1110343
>>Learn basic carpentry and design. Ask furniture stores for spare parts they are going to throw out. Use them to build your own furniture

Idiotic device. Instead that time could be spent establishing a business and making 10x the money that you "save on furniture".
>>
>>1110343
You have a comp and network connection? Shouldn't you just use cafes?
>>
File: Cravings.jpg (570 KB, 1435x1842) Image search: [Google]
Cravings.jpg
570 KB, 1435x1842
>>1110381
Just STFU
>>
>>1110822
Time, Travel, privacy and Reliability concerns.
not enough skill to fap in a cafe yet. Soon though.

>>1110826
the source for the chart is dubious, and I can't rely on it as factual, but the suggestions are so low risk that it doesn't matter.

Especially the drugs section, do you know how many drugs there are.
>>
>>1110343
Sine health insurance plans reimburse you for gym costs or at least give a discount. They may have requirements, that's for you to research.
>>
File: fatty dik in ur mouf.jpg (19 KB, 322x332) Image search: [Google]
fatty dik in ur mouf.jpg
19 KB, 322x332
>>1110343

>Instead of buying cigarettes, just round up the butts that people throw on the ground. There's always a little tobacco left, and it's totally free!

>Don't throw out those needles when you're mainlining black tar heroin. Just wash them off and reuse them!

>Do you want free gas? Siphon it out of cars during a sporting event . It's only a felony if you get caught!

>Only suckers and chumps pay for internet! Run a CAT5 cable from your local library's router directly into your home.

>Need quick cash? Get your girlfriend pregnant, kick her down the stairs, and sell the miscarried fetus to science!

>Consider arson as a fast, easy way to liquify your hard assets. Just have a sob story ready for those bothersome investigators!
>>
File: DRUGS.png (154 KB, 3800x1600) Image search: [Google]
DRUGS.png
154 KB, 3800x1600
>>1110847
>>
>>1110343
>Get a gym membership. Saves healthcare costs in the long term, allows you to be more effective at work, and have more energy. Never shower at home.
For $20 you can get all that you need to have an awesome calisthenics routine at home. As long as you shave you heard, showers take less than three minutes.

>Only live off of fruit, vegetables, water, and occasional fish/meat. Cheap and healthy.
Fast food turns out to be cheaper than fucking fruits and vegetables.
>Get into the habit of eating 'low end' frozen food. A bag of frozen spinach can easily cost $1 and it will feed you for an entire day.
Only if you are hungry dwarf skeleton.
>Learn basic carpentry and design. Ask furniture stores for spare parts they are going to throw out. Use them to build your own furniture
This takes a shit ton of hours, you are literally better getting a job in Mc Donalds and buying used shit from craig list.
>Meditation is the best and cheapest way to spend your time for a good life.
If by good life you mean suicide at 25, yes.
>Don't get a TV
Enjoy wasting money when you want to properly watch a film.
>>
>>1110761
Pee on flowers for nitrogen.
>>
>>1110915

That chart is not accurate.

Tons of errors.

MDMA and many anti-depresents can easily be lethal. It has them down as "serotonin syndrome". Serotonin syndrome would be the least of your problems.

Also, Marijuana and caffiene dont mix? Marijuana and cocaine dont mix? Get real, both of those combos are fine.
>>
Gym memberships are a bigger meme than getting student loans. Just go to the gym at the hospital, there's always a church in town that has a free gym, a home gym would be cheaper in the long run, etc.

Meat is not expensive. Buy in bulk from a Costco, Sam's Club, etc. and freeze. Or buy on Manager Sales at Kroger.

There's nothing wrong with frozen veggies, but you can always grow your own.

You don't need to learn any carpentry. Just find furniture in the free section of Craigslist and put some new upholstery on it.

Meditation may not suit all. Some other relatively cheap hobbies are fishing, hiking, gardening, etc.

There's nothing wrong with owning a TV. The problem is that many retards waste their lives watching other people live their lives like the Kardashians, Vloggers, Viners, etc. It's a pathetic excuse to exist.
>>
eating vegan is great but to eat 2000 calories (i wouldn't even recommend going this low if you are active) you'd have to eat almost 9 kilos of raw spinach.

eat shit tons of carbs, rice, fruit, oats, etc.

daily carbs for active lifestyle = weight in kg * 10g carbs,
>>
I brew my own beer and wine. It comes out to about 25 cents a bottle and makes for great gifts as long as you know what you're doing.
>>
>>1110826
And yet, somehow, broccoli doesn't actually curb my desire for a beer.
>>
>>1110757
My friend made a bed out of 2x4s and large nut/bolt fasteners. It looks pretty cool, and it can be totally disassembled with a wrench for easy moving. Only tools needed for assembly were a drill w/ spade bit ( for the bolted joints) and a screwdriver w/ deck screws for joining 2x4s. All the cuts were made at the hardware store, so no saw needed.
>>
>>1111513
You can get bed frames on ebay for under $10, and probably less on Craigslist. Your friend isn't /frugal/ ... he's just DIY.
>>
Im from /fit/ and this thread gave me cancer
>>
>>1111557
very very very difficult to fuck on a 10$ bedframe.
It is /frugal/ to grossly over engineer for a moderate price increase.

some bitches get really shiny thighs when you say, I built this.
>>
>>1110343
This just sounds like faggots guide to being a pussy.

I can save money and not look like a bernie supporter just fine. Thanks for the laughs op.
>>
>>1111690
Are you literally retarded? You sound like a frustrated virgin to be honest.
>>
10 dollar beds wtf. i paid 2k for my bed, 1k for the mattress, and another 500 for the coverings. fuck, my pillows were 150 each. worth every fucking penny.
>>
>>1111589
>no oats
>only eat spinach for entire days

OP is confirmed for spooky skeleton
>>
>>1111695
nah bro, those shits are noisy, and break when you go at it. not a fan. an extra $15-$20 dollars solves that

>>1111731
he's talking just the frame, the metal part underneath.

Mattresses, probably worth every penny.
Compounding waking hours and energy. I'm actually planning on buying a new one soon. Got any suggestions.
>>
>>1111765
go to the store and lay on them all. you use it what, 8 hours a day. 1/3rd of your life. you use it way more than your car. i dont know why people dont coin up fat for it.
>>
>>1111765
>he thinks some homemade wood bed frame is stronger and quieter than a metal frame

Are you Chinese?
>>
>>1111731
past the mattress and box spring the rest is aesthetics. those thin metal frames are flimsy and bent pretty easily.
>>
>>1111842
aesthetics are just fine in the place youre going to fuck. people spend way more on -everything- else attracting the opposite sex.
>>
>Never shower at home

Holy shit man, this probably saves you twenty bucks a month at most
>>
File: whatt.png (73 KB, 181x194) Image search: [Google]
whatt.png
73 KB, 181x194
>>1112031
adds up to $240 a year, which would pay food for months

play the game or be a bitch nigger
>>
>>1110343
>A bag of frozen spinach will feed you for an entire day.
>what is nutrition?
>>
>go to restaurant
>eat food
>run away before paying
>>
>>1112067
Buy you're paying for a gym, which cancels out the money you save on water
>>
>>1112281
But a gym is not only the water, it's also near 24/7 access to clean towels, showers, fitness AND some social too
I'd say the benefits far outweigh the costs overall
>>
>>1111132
You have to dilute it otherwise they'll die

Important for growing plants, especially herbs
>>
>>1110787
>DUDE JUST MAKE A BUSINESS LMAO
>>
>>1111068
>fast food turns out to be cheaper than fucking fruits and vegetables
Not correct there senpai. Long term, especially when reduced to being at/passing sell by date, fruit and veg is cheaper when cooked yourself. And tastier. And healthier.
>>
>>1111732
>spinach is not calorie dense
>for same mass, will have a bigger volume than oats
>spinach is the bigger food

Eat big to get big, eat spinach to get big

Spinach confirmed for only way to make it
>>
>>1112262
>don't pay taxes
>>
>>1112521
Yeah, just do that. Invest time in that. Instead of learning shitty "how to do", "furniture at home" pleb skills.
>>
>>1110759
>you can get complete profile as a vegetarian
or you could just eat chicken breast which tastes better and has superior macros
>>
>>1112550
>not chicken thighs
>unironically preferring white meat

Dry trash with less calories than dark
>>
>>1112067
until your yearly prescription for toe fungus and other skin diseases breaks even.
>>
>>1110343
L E N T I L S
E
N
T
I
L
S
>>
File: _c676528_image_0.jpg (40 KB, 720x364) Image search: [Google]
_c676528_image_0.jpg
40 KB, 720x364
>never shower at home

plus

>bring your dirty dishes with you under the shower
>>
>>1112627
Someone read ERE
>>
> bring roadkill you find home for a free supper
>>
Glad I'm not a NEET/living offa autismbux so I can laugh at this pathetic thread and it's pathetic people.
>>
>>1113811
>he's not living frugally and investing
Lel
>>
>>1114028
Whatever you say, poor person. One day you will also be loaded, just gotta eat squirrel and save up every cent until youre 67 ;)
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.