[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Entrepreneurship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160225_104701.jpg (56 KB, 467x365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_104701.jpg
56 KB, 467x365
Guys i have a very interesting discussion about entrepreneurship and steve jobs.
As far as i know steve jobs didn't complete his college meaning he was not a graduate and also not an expert with a degree. But he still created apple and we all.know what a success it is. The people who build gadgets are engineers and experts and prolly scientists. Steve jobs used to infuse his vision and wisdom into the products and that is what sets apple apart otherwise anyone would have created that good products.
Now all of this is my opinion and my belief. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
I am a guy with a lot of ideas in lots of fields but i currently lack the capital and thus the experts but i do believe that if i can get a team together we all can atleast become millionaires.
Thoughts?
>>
>>1110183
Everyone's an idea man.
>>
Well i have ideas but do we have ANY experts in here? And can we form a team?
>>
What exactly are you asking OP?

Is it possible to invent something and become a millionaire from it?

The answer is yes.
>>
>>1110183
>Steve jobs used to infuse his vision and wisdom into the products
>literally stole or copied every great idea from other companies or non-profit design labs.
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>1110183

If your idea can speak for itself, then you wouldn't need much help. So what type of ideas are we talking about?

A - I could sell a hot beverage when it gets cold
B- look at this! its a phone AND a hat!
C- So I invented a black hole
D- who cares who is winning or loosing, as long as everyone plays the game.
>>
>>1110222

To be fair he improved upon them, nothing was an exact copy
>>
>>1110226
Not only untrue, but missing the point as well.

Jobs was pretty good at marketing. But he didn't have a particularly good sense of the public demand (Newton, Lisa). As an idea man, Jobs was hit or miss at best. But he knew how to cash in on the hits.
>>
>>1110183

Don't let this thread die OP, Maybe there is a 5th option we aren't seeing?
>>
>>1110244

this is not /b/ m8, a thread won't die after 6 minutes of inactivity
>>
>>1110250

Yes but my curiosity will. Can we utilize ideas that don't require and capital start up?
>>
All i am saying is that i have ideas but they are raw ideas and i need engineers and experts to materialise them.
Eg. Say mark did not exist and so the kinda ideas i have are like "we can make a website that can be used to post stuff and talk on the internet."
So this is what i mean when i say i have a 'raw' idea. I do have the idea about what we can do but i don't know the technical know how of making a website etc.
So my point is that can i get experts and form a team with them and materialise such raw ideas and make money?
Are there any experts right now that are reading this?
>>
>>1110262

Problem is. I can make a website anyone nowadays can do that same. Something like. Ebay/kijiji/facebook/twitter/dating sites all already exist. Key isn't to copy these sites because there is already competition in that field.

You need to create an entire new sport.
>>
>>1110183
>I am a guy with a lot of ideas in lots of fields but i currently lack the capital and thus the experts but i do believe that if i can get a team together we all can atleast become millionaires.

This sounds hokey, and maybe a little TED Talk-y, but be prepared to take on the leadership role. Having some ideas and some nerds isn't enough. You'll have to take the reins of your organization and lead it somewhere. You'll steer it towards the overarching goal:
>we will innovate X
>we will improve Y
>we will invent Z
>we believe that X,Y,Z is the formula for our success and a gorillion dollars

But then your goal is overrated. Everybody has a fucking goal, and until you make good on that goal you will be lumped in with the rest of the duffers. How are you going to accomplish that goal? As a leader you'll have to account for both the grand strategy and the minutiae of operations. You wouldn't micromanage or spread yourself thin, of course, but you would have to assign managers. The best leaders find the best managers. Etc. etc. etc.

Steve Jobs was a great marketer, salesman, and was also a good leader. He also had wore bad clothes, had cancer, and had several crap movies dedicated to him. Microsoft all the way.
>>
>>1110278
>>1110276
I get that there is competition in those aread but the website idea was an example. I don't have any ideas for any website. I believe i didn't express myself correctly.
All i wanna say is that i have raw ideas and that i don't have the technical know how of materialising those ideas. I know how i can build a company but i need experts to build the product. I know what to build.
>>
>>1110296

Depending on what you want to build depends on what experts you need to build it. What do you want built?
>>
>>1110301
Like i said i have lots of ideas in lots of fields.
Can i add people who r interested, in a whatsapp group?
>>
>>1110296
ÆTNA3 MACRO
VEGA CORESHINE
QY SEQUENCER 10
>>
>>1110310
I don't know what that means my friend
>>
Can i add any of you guys on my fb?
Tell.me your names and describe me your dps i ll add you
>>
Unless you have a valuable network of friends and acquaintances, then you're gonna have a hard time. Try to look for another person who shares a similar vision in one idea or another. It's very hard to do it completely by yourself.

Anyways, good luck and start small (clothing, food).
>>
>>1110337
R u a businessman?
Can i follow u on instagram?
Maybe facebook or kik or whatever
I know only 2 or 3 businessman and i am looking forward to networking
>>
>>1110183
Nobody gets a free ride my man. It's like you and the anons have said, you'll need to hustle. What Jobs did was have a few miracles in friends and friends of friends. Here's your checklist as a leader: they gotta be positive, willing to follow and learn, and will stay in touch with you. People are lazy and greedy. It really isn't as good of an idea to just willy nilly try to recruit online as opposed to being in front of your associates with the power of physicality. How will you stay on top of your team and lead? Not to say it's impossible but one thing that already rubbed me the wrong way is that you had to ask /biz/ what you're supposed to do instead if already figure it out and go ahead and do it. Gl though
>>
>>1110360
I agree with the part that recruiting people online is not a good idea. I wanted to add people only so that i could talk to them directly whenever there is something interesting to talk.
>>
>>1110360
Staying in touch is not necessary
>>
Come on guys this could be a start to something great!
>>
File: Bnd157wCAAAZDvu.jpg (21 KB, 599x421) Image search: [Google]
Bnd157wCAAAZDvu.jpg
21 KB, 599x421
>>1110183
I am interested anon, I work at a business incubator called Raizcorp, and have capital that may help you. Your posts show that you have the drive necessary to compete and to achieve, which is a scarce quality on /biz/ posts in general. Pitch me your idea and we can talk about financing. The initial payment for the flash-capital is 200$ a month for 10 months, for which you get 5000$ to develope your idea while the organisation secures 40% of any patent and asset you develope with our support.

Waiting for your FB to contact me. Regards
>>
>>1110183
>I am a guy with a lot of ideas in lots of fields but i currently lack the capital and thus the experts

you and every other retard. too stupid and lazy to get a degree and develop expertise and too poor to have capital? fuck off and go back to your minimum wage job.
>>
>>1110676
>I WANNA BE RICH BUT I'M NOT SMART, I DON'T HAVE ANY VALUABLE SKILLS, AND I DON'T HAVE MONEY.
>B-B-BUT I HAVE IDEAS... THAT AREN'T BACKED BY ANY SORT OF EXPERIENCE OR LEARNING.
>>
>>1110674
Very wise of you. Thank you. What is your name future millionaire? If already not..
>>
>>1110183
Steve Jobs truly is a mystery to me. He had neither a design nor a tech background. he was pretty much a loser, too (unlike Bill Gates who also dropped out, but was good enough to have passed easily eventually if he wanted).

He had his semi-genius technician and a certain idea. If this is all, you can assume that there are thousands of Steve Jobs out there, of which almost everyone failed.
>>
>>1110798
>find genius in field
>be more forceful and charismatic than them
>convince everyone you're smart too
>?????
>profit

Just like damn near every tech giant, Jobs just had the right connections. Why do you think so many go to ivy leagues but drop out? They are there just long enough to make friends with VC.
>>
Let me add something here. There was a point in Apple's history where apple was failing miserably when steve jobs was kicked out. Then they brought him back and now we know where apple is. So he brought it back from the dead. Also it teaches us a very important lesson that only technical know how or business contacts are not enough.
>>
>>1110262
>Say mark did not exist and so the kinda ideas i have are like "we can make a website that can be used to post stuff and talk on the internet."
Underage V& for not remembering the travesty social media site Facebook ripped off (and, admittedly, slightly improved).
>>
>>1110194

agreed.

ideas are cheap.

I even have a couple I'm pretty confident would sell and change the market.

But I don't have the time, energy, funding, and connections to make it happen.
>>
>>1110296
>I know how i can build a company but i need experts to build the product.
Start company > acquire money > pay experts with money.
>>
>>1110235
This is true. Steve Jobs figured out how to convince people something is high quality and valuable even when it really wasn't. Apple still does it with the macbooks, they really nice but are pretty average and have awful venting for laptops. People will still pay big bucks for them though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.