[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business Owner General - BOG Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: bc1.png (441 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
bc1.png
441 KB, 600x449
Run a business?
Starting a business?
Going out of business?
Share your business!
>>
>>1110144
I'm think about starting a resell business. Was going to go with eBay but a lot of sellers who once recommended it are saying it isn't really worth it now. Made pretty good cash flipping shit on Craigslist.
>>
>>1110154
I've heard it's kind of shit now. Just picked up a couple server racks that go for 2400 new for 400. Gonna use craigslist most likely. Ultimately I don't care if it makes me money because I made a great business contact who happened to be at that location at that time. Place was pretty cool too, big movie theater that shut down.
>>
>>1110144
For anyone curious on where to start with creating a legit business, look into llc vs s corp.
https://www.sba.gov/content/s-corporation
>>
Are clothes a good business to go into? I've got the models, the ideas, and the brand. Just wondering if it's worth it. My connections are pretty damn solid just wanting to know if it will be worth my time and money.
>>
File: little afro.jpg (47 KB, 445x576) Image search: [Google]
little afro.jpg
47 KB, 445x576
>>1110154
>>1110176

eBay is shit if you plan on selling to low value customers.

Your server racks are sold to only a certain type of people (demographic), therefore you won't experience much, if at all any issues with buyers since you are planning on selling to IT professionals.

Start selling computer parts, and you'll get fucked, raw.
>>
>>1110210
>Start selling computer parts, and you'll get fucked, raw.

I don't plan on it. Computer stuff changes too quick for my taste and selling high volume seems like way too much work. Shifting from $300-400 jobs to 10-50k is so much easier. Higher pressure sure, but easier money.
>>
In the process of starting one now. Already filed the articles of incorporation, got my state tax id, got a graphic artist working on a design, lined up suppliers for boxes and materials, refi the condo to get seed money, going to cost about 20k all told. Then I have to hope like hell they sell. Candy if you're wondering.
>>
>>1110294
>20k
>candy
What?
>>
>>1110294
Have you done the market research and testing though? That is the important thing
>>
>>1110318
>>1110331
Molds, packaging, printing and a dozen other things that all cost between $500-$1,000 each. Shit adds up fast. Not to mention kitchen time rental. Part of the problem is minimum order size. I may not need 5,000 boxes or 20,000 printed wrappers to start but that's what You have to order before anybody will talk to you.
I've tested the hell out of the recipes on senpai and friends. Gotten honest feedback which helped a lot refining the recipes. AFA market research goes I got the idea while visiting another area of the US and noticed nobody was doing it here. I'm taking basic candy and, for lack of a better word, fetishsizing it. Hand crafted with high quality ingredients and flavors that aren't run of the mill. Stuff Whole Food type shoppers gush over. If it works, great. If not at least I took a shot.
I'll be honest anon, it's a scary step. One thing I know is I'll bust my ass to make it work because if it doesn't I'm fucked. Not 100% living under a bridge fucked but there's not a lot of margin for error either.
>>
Ebay seems like a flea market. Profit seems minimal. Amazon looks much better (i'm involved with new industrial products) but amazon's search function sucks.

Is there a decent site/forum that gets into the best practices of selling on amazon?
>>
>>1110358
>I've tested the hell out of the recipes on family and friends

Wow you fucked up dude. Maybe your product is good but there's literally no way of knowing now.
>>
>>1110144
I own a cafe which makes around $15 000 net in about 4 months(it only operates during the spring-summer period)

Feel free to AMA

also im from eastern europe.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 500x333
>>1110366
Previous attempts at test marketing didn't work out so well.
>>
>>1110358
>>1110406
Kek. Not a terrible idea, know couple stories that similar. Chocmo was a kid that started with chocolate and had to add in a cafe/espresso. A friend of the wife's made cupcakes and sold fairly well, but I feel there's more of a market for cupcakes. Honestly would say dump samples with right people. Whether it be managers or product purchasers. Costco maybe? Farmers market in the mean time?
>>
>>1110358
I wish you the best dude, but fucking a... You're trying to hit a grand slam blindfolded on borrowed money.

Keep us updated! I'll say a prayer for you.
>>
>>1110375
Why is it closed the other seasons?
If your product is good i woud be pissed.
>>
>>1110188
Link is broken or at least not working for me. Anyone have it work for them?
>>
So I'm completely new to /biz/ and I am 100% aware of my complete and utter lack of knowledge or chance of success in the business world so that's why I wanted to get as much info from here as possible of where to start before I even begin to plan or do anything.

Make as much fun of me as you want but all I've ever wanted to do is run a roller rink, I love to roller skate, I love the music, and above all else I can't help but see all the things I wish I could do better whenever I skate at other rinks.

Where should I start? Is there any /biz/ - approved reading I should check out on starting a small business or any advice anyone can give me on opening a rink specifically? I already can make assumptions about big things like picking a big warehouse style location somehwere that isn't out in the middle of nowhere. Would it be a good idea to look for an existing rink for sale and try to renovate it and reopen under new management?

Like I said, I'm an infant to the business world so any amount of useful info is extremely appreciated, thanks!
>>
>>1110375
Not trying to be condescending, but that's quite a lot of money in your country isn't it?
>>
>>1110362
eBay does have a lot of very poor shoppers these days. But Amazon is a total screwjob.
>>
>>1111544
You talk too much, try explaining yourself less and explaining your ideas more.

I have no idea about roller skating but you should plan to find somewhere that allows you expand (either the size of the rink or add more rinks) if you are starting small. I presume you don't have much money and rinks along with the things included on this kind of business (security mainly) are expensive, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy an existing place.
The most important thing, though, is to know if you are making a business out of something you as customer would love to have or something people would like to have. You have to remember you need people to come to your business everyday.
>>
>>1111545
That was my first thought too.
>>
>>1111525
It works for me still
>>1111544
Seems like a terrible idea. I really can't imagine it going well. If it was the 80s-90s it'd be a different story.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.