[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you take $ to wear Nike's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: jordans.jpg (7 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
jordans.jpg
7 KB, 286x176
I own a business that specializes in cleaning and restoring sneakers - especially high end Nikes. Business is okay but it's not growing. I have die hard customers but not many new ones.

I sponsor a local artist that has me cover his sneaker costs who suggested I offer to let people bring in their receipts or email me images of their receipts when they buy new Nikes and I pay them a fixed amount for them. For example, I owe anyone who brings in a receipt $20 cash or anyone who emails one $20 over paypal. That would bring people into the shop or at least get me on their radar.

How much do you think I should offer? I want people to make a point of taking me up on it but of course don't want to go broke. How much would be enough that you would drive across town or take the time to scan or take a pic of your receipt for money back? $20? $50?
>>
>>1108944
Express way to bankrupcy OP.
>>
I think it's a bad idea because most people who buy new nikes won't get them cleaned or restored, it's a small niche.
>>
>>1108944
No friggin way OP. You sound like that guy who paid people to recycle.

If you need more business build a webpage and do AdWords so you get customers across the country. Make it really easy for people to send in their shoes for repair: they fill out a request on your site and you send them a box to put their shoes in and drop in the mail, postage paid, 2nd day air.
Then send them a $200 bill or they don't get their shoes back.
>>
>>1108944
>Is giving away free money a good idea? My artist buddy said it was.

I see nothing wrong with it op. I have about 30 receipts from nike, where do I send them for mah money?
>>
>>1108955
delcoult2 at gmail...
>>
>>1108954
Paid to recycle?
>>
>>1108961
Lol yeah. I've got screencaps on my other phone.
Guy entered into a contract with a large local business where he paid thrm by the pound to recycle. Well, they ended up recycling tons and tons of waste per week.
He thought he could start a not-for-profit that gave incentives to businesses to recycle, and that people would donate money to his foundation to cover the costs.
Well, before he ever found a singpe donor he got in this contract and the bisiness owner would not let hime back out.

He came here asking for advice and we just humiliated him. Don't be that guy OP (if this isn't bait).
>>
>>1108994
I wish I had been on to see that... Holy shit. What did he do?
>>
>>1108944

Let me see if I get this straight. You want to pay people cash money in return for them buying sneakers at some other store?

Obviously you don't sell, you restore, but still, that's beyond retarded. For starters, any sports store employee can get like 10 receipts a day just from people chucking them in the bin on their way out. You will be bankrupt in a month.

And the email/paypal idea, oh my god. You want to give money to people from around the world who will never physically come to your store to maybe pay for your services, ever?

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>1109036
This will only be advertised in store. So I wont have people from around the world coming in. You have a point about the receipts, but I doubt a ton of people will take advantage that way and those that do I'll catch.
>>
>>1109045

Still, at the very least make them come to the store for their money, That will cut off most of the scamming and increase your chances of actually making something back.

And for the love of god, put a time limit on it. Like, do it for a week and see what happens. Or do it every Saturday for a month.
>>
>>1109054
That's not a bad idea...
>>
So you clean old shoes. But you want to subsidize people buying new shoes without ever using your services and who will not need your services because they can just buy new new shoes on the cheap.
I knew sneakerheads were dumb but you sir take your addiction to a new level.

Sure this works with drugs to get 'em hooked, but are you sure people would rather have clean sneakers than eat?
>>
Dude, this is a great idea, I'd be in all day. Do $40 a pair. That sounds reasonable. You're a sneaker head like me, you know what's what. I know your heart tells you this is right. That's your email, right? delcoult2 etc. I'm excited for your business OP.
>>
>>1109063
Why $40 specifically?
>>
>>1109065

Because he's $40 short of a new pair of Reeboks.
>>
Why don't you offer them a coupon for your services instead?
Something like
>bought some new Nike shoes recently*? Bring the receipt and get a X$ coupon to use in our store (or a X% discount coupon)*
>*choose how much time ago is "recently"
>**make sure that those coupon expire and/or require customers to spend a minimum of Y$ to use them
The idea of offering cash is stupid imho. Don't waste your money.
>>
>>1109065
Dude, you'd have to stock $50 bills or do two $20s and a $10. No, no. Just do two $20s, it's easier. Makes change orders nice. Hey, by the way, my buddy does ordering for a shoe store. Can I give him your PayPal billing address?
>>
>>1108957
Wait, you'll really pay me for these? OP, I work at a Nike store kek. I couldn't rob you like that.
>>
>>1109075
I'd appreciate you're being honest and not using other people's receipts but yes, I am. If you want to discuss that further, please email me.
>>
>>1109074
I'd prefer to work with individuals, not businesses. That would get expensive. But yes, that's my email.
>>
Please stop.
>>
Delcoultfag, check this out. Google search Nike receipt. This will come up not far down. Look like something you got in an email? Woops!
>>
>>1109126
That is embarrassing. You're right, I should have been more careful. I didn't think you could google search it and people would have posted receipts. I would love it if you canceled the transaction but understand if you don't.
>>
>>1109132
A fool and his money are soon parted, my man. How about we let biz vote, since you're leaving it up to me? If you think it's his fault, i keep it. If you think I'm being too harsh, i cancel the transaction.
>>
>>1108944
Even better idea. Sell service plans on Nikes and offer 20 dollar trade in no questions asked.
>>
>>1109139
That's fair.
>>
>>1109139
>>1109142

Ahh, let /biz/ decide.

Firstly does thou know it is fair?
You try to teach the fool, but does he learn from his err?
I hope he has paid attention,
but to truly learn one must have retention.
And retention is gained from mistakes,
And so he shall learn from low stakes.

YOU MUST PAY FOOL!!!
>>
>>1109160
One vote for not cancelling the transaction. Understood.
>>
Why not instead of offering cash offer vouchers for your business to pay for cleaning/laces etc?
>>
>>1109160
Lolz
>>
>>1109164
It's your business and you can do want you want. You don't have to honor a deal for anyone, especially if they're trying to detraud you.
But for the love of Buudha OP don't do this. It is a bad idea from every angle.
>>
>>1109139
>>1109142

>A fool and his money are soon parted

My vote.
>>
>>1109220
Fair, I set myself up for it. Two votes that he keeps the money.
>>
>>1109223
Looks like I'm keeping the $40. Let this be a lesson to you. I'm going to blow it stupid shit but enjoy it and all I did was Google something. Think on it for a bit.
>>
>>1109244
Will do. Thanks for at least being honest about it.
>>
>>1108944
you should give deals to local instagram celebrities to wear your stuff. Give them a pair for a few instagram posts or twitter links. also do you have a website? I love classic nikes and want to buy some
>>
start an insagram page. follow and unfollow people.
>>
>>1109254
Not bad. I've never used instagram but I can look into it.
>>
>>1109244

Let this be a lesson to you indeed OP. I work in debt collection and for hot shots such as this guy we have a special department. $40 is enough for a hired hand to put somebody into hospital, no traces left behind. Obviously we are anonymous here, but keep this in mind when somebody pulls funny stuff with you in the real world. Always be partners with nasty people, especially as an entrepreneur. Losing your integrity to small fish can be devestating, trust me. And people with no prospects will gladly restore your honor with convicing..arguments for a low price. Reputation is everything.
>>
>>1109508
What are you saying?
>>
>>1108944
Where are you located?
I want to restore my og 6s and my 94' bc3s
>>
>>1108944
Instead of giving them $20 upfront, just give them a two year voucher of $20 for shoe restoration. Also get their details and sell to Nike somehow.
>>
>>1109508
>$40 is enough for a hired hand to put somebody into hospital, no traces left behind

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

where in the world is $40 enough to oh god I can't even finish this sentence you're that retarded
>>
>>1109629
Minneapolis, Minnesota
>>
>>1108994
That was a few years ago? I forgot about that guy. I think it was food waste.

Never sign a contract you don't understand...
>>
>>1108944
Since what you're basically asking is 'would I accept money to destroy my feet', the answer is no.
I think you're restoring disposable items. It's like tampon recycling.
>>
>>1109073
this guy gets it
>>
>>1108944
How much would you charge for 2 sole swaps?
>>
File: AllenEdmonds-ParkAvenue.jpg (120 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
AllenEdmonds-ParkAvenue.jpg
120 KB, 1024x683
>>1108944
$20 or $50 is way too much and a it's a bad business strategy.

It's like some car repair shop handing out a couple of thousand bucks to anyone who just happens to have bought a new car.
>>
File: cringe.png (708 KB, 1022x1059) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
708 KB, 1022x1059
>>1109508
edgy
>>
>>1109508

Kek do you live in a favela?
>>
Your clients are niggers right? You need to offer a pawn service. I know it sounds stupid but that is the group you are catering too. Niggers bring in some shoes that he can't live without. You loan $100 so he can buy whatever niggers crave right now, he gives you back $125 a week later or you sell them for $150 to some other nigger (niggers have no problem wearing niggers shoes).

Easy money for 10 minutes of paperwork. Plus it will bring in lots of customers (niggers). Presumably some of them are good people and they could work on the shoes.

Also get a cooler full of grape drank. Give that shit out every Friday afternoon or whatever
>>
>>1108954
Don't listen to him OP.

Tell him they need additional cleaning services which are normally abnormally expensive, but actually are the cheapest part of the service. Then offer massive discounts but tell them that the longer they wait, the longer the service will take to complete.

That's what my old boss did, and he was a right cunt.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.