[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here got helped through their university/college debt by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Who here got helped through their university/college debt by their parents? How are your lives different from your peers.

Canadian university student here, my parents have helped pay around 15k of the 40k in total for my degree and I'm planning on graduating with no debt. Feelsgoodman

When I'm done I'm going to be travelling for a while. I have to admit it feels good not having to worry as much, seeing my friends struggling is really depressing.
>>
>>1108763
Parents paid my whole degree, I have no loans and invest about 40 percent of the money I earn now. I realize I am very lucky to have done so and I'm trying my hardest not to waste the opportunity. I am forever grateful to them.
>>
>>1108763
Didn't go to school but my folks have offered to cover my schooling. Never took advantage because good job but now that's about to dissappear I might go. Kind of old for school though at 25.
>>
In high school my parents said they would match any scholarship i got. Little did they know i would get offered ~45grand, so they covered my apt and grocery money.

No debt unlike all of my peers [28yo]. Very thankful, strive not to forget it /squander etc
>>
>>1109020

It puts things into proportion that's for sure.
>>
>>1108763

My parents helped me through a $5K college fund and by going on disability (From $120K yearly income) effective the tax year after I started.

I went from no help to almost full help.
>>
Compared to my friends who had to work their way through college, my grades were much higher and I had more opportunities to do things like unpaid undergrad research. Of course employers like that they could manage to get ~3.5 while working 20 hours a week, so they have had absolutely no trouble getting jobs.
>>
>>1108763
>currently in cc will be done in one semester until i transfer
>only paid half of last semester so far
>slowly everything is transfering to me paying for it
>2 years ago they gave me a car but they assert control over it because technically its not in my name
>i know when my brother goes to college in 2 years im probably going to have to start paying all of it including insurance and an apartment
>I dont give a shit about getting a job but the fact that everything is changing and not set in stone is going to make me kms
>tfw cant get financial aid or grants because im white and middle class
>>
>>1108763
pretty much exactly the same as this guy. >>1109012
>>
I made sure my parents didn't give me shit
got a full ride
they would hold it over me as a way to obligate me, so fuck them and fuck you
>>
My parents paid for some but not all of my schooling. Between that and scholarships, ended up with $17k in loans with none higher than 4% interest. 1.5 yrs after graduating have paid it down to $12k. Obviously I wish I didn't have any, but it feels good watching it go down and knowing you didn't rely on handouts 100%.
>>
>>1108763
Yeah my parents didn't have the dosh. I got through my undergrad on a scholarship but went to Queen's for grad school and I owe them my balls.
>>
File: GA-aid.jpg (33 KB, 590x357) Image search: [Google]
GA-aid.jpg
33 KB, 590x357
>>1108763

I have always qualified for my state's scholarship fund (HOPE scholarship in Georgia, absolutely fucking based 2bh), so my parents only had to shovel out around $7k a semester to get my textbooks and pay for minimal student fees bullshit.

Keep your grades up kids. I have made college a 5 and a half year experience just keeping my grades up, double majoring, AND getting a minor, and my parents have paid the equivalent of 2 semesters of out-of-state tuition, kek.

Fuck Georgia is so based sometimes.
>>
Undergrad cost me 2.8k a year. I let my parents pay it for me. Grad school will cost me 90 grand, all on me
>>
My parents couldn't even pay for my saxophone in 5th grade.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.