[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say I decided to start betting a lot over the next couple years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 5d0.jpg (872 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
5d0.jpg
872 KB, 1600x1036
Say I decided to start betting a lot over the next couple years. What would be a better approach, always betting moderate amounts on clear frontrunners, or always betting shall on giant underdogs.?
>>
say you should not look for fast money because you'll get fucked and say you should research strong and stable industries to invest your money.. you should be quite successfull.
>>
if ur having trouble with simple math like that then id recommend just not blowing money for no reason
>>
>>1108584
you bet on odds mismatches it doesnt matter whether they are the overdog or underdog, you bet on whether the odds you get represent reality and if they dont you bet on the side that gives you positive ev

if you dont even understand that you should stay the FUCK away from professional gambling and go back to sucking dick to get your seed amount to grow while you learn what the fuck you are doing
>>
>>1108584
as with all gambling, it only makes sense when you believe you have an edge and see value in the bet. to make profit with betting in the long run you will also have to understand some more advanced betting concepts / strategies / money management / risk minimization and how the market works. if you dont know exactly what you are doing then you might aswell just flush your money down the toilet.
>>
>>1108584
>What would be a better approach, always betting moderate amounts on clear frontrunners, or always betting shall on giant underdogs.?

betting on favorites will lose you money less quickly - longshots are usually overvalued:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favourite-longshot_bias

but unfortunately just dumb betting on favorites is still likely to be -EV for you due to the vig

you need to look into at least line shopping if you're serious about this
>>
>>1108584
place bets on educated guesses that are so small you won't miss the money but big enough to keep you interested
>>
>>1108584
as with all gambling become the house and take the other side. All you do is win no matter what.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.