[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i profit if the UK either leaves or stays in the EU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 KB, 300x150
How do i profit if the UK either leaves or stays in the EU?

I don't want George Soros stealing all the fun
>>
Buy/sell GBP/EUR
Problem is, jt could go either way. For real this time. And if it goes your way that's great. But if it doesn't (and I assume you put in a lot of cash so you actually make something) it cost disappear before your eyes before you have the time to react.
Very risky

Also speculation
>>
>>1108734

Yeah, it's a gamble. You think the UK is on the way out, then short GBP, if you think it's staying in then long GBP. Don't make the wrong call.
>>
>>1108740
>>1108734

how does one long and short GBP?
>>
>>1108752
I'll cut the sarcasm and get straight to the point.

You only buy if its about to rapidly increase or if it increases in the long run as the selling price is always lower than what you buy.
Buying and holding for a long period is a long.

A short is the opposite of a buy. Literally selling a contract version of the product, you then buy it for real at a later date and selling it simultaneously then ending up with nothing, only whatever money you get from the sale. So if it's going to decrease in value sell it now and buy it when it's cheaper.

Shorting is sorta difficult to explain in simply terms but I tried. You could just use Google but I hope to bump the thread.

Use a stockbrokerage to conduct business.
>>
Buy options on forex futures
>>
Everyone responding here are idiots.

Go to William Hill, you can bet on UK politics. The odds are close to 50/50 and there's no way UK is leaving the EU, so place all your savings on "Stay."

Good luck.
>>
>>1108803
You moron!
There are limits and loads of loop holes+bullshit
Plus if you have £10k to spend. Why bet on shitty odds when you can potentially make so much more on stocks?
>>
>>1108857
Buy some shares in WTG
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.