[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK, /boz/, I've been working a couple years now and would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
OK, /boz/, I've been working a couple years now and would like to become more responsible with my money. Every year I've put about 5k into a Roth IRA account with the broker/financial advisor that my parents use. If I'm only purchasing Vanguard index funds, is this a bad idea? Is there a way in which I can do this with lower trading and management fees since I'm just buying index funds?

I want to take a hands-off approach to investing and minimize the expenses that would eat into my fund growth.
>>
bumpy for interest, 'cause I want to pick an etf but dunno which one.Try vanguard.
>>
>>1108257
>is this a bad idea?
Yes. You're literally paying an advisor for nothing. Kudos on being smart enough to go with index funds, but you're giving up probably 1.0-1.5% annually in fees to an advisor who provides absolutely zero value.

Open an account at Vanguard and transfer the IRA there. Tomorrow.
>>
>>1108560

Thanks. So I can just open an IRA account with Vanguard?

Sorry, yes, I am this stupid.
>>
>>1108588
Yup. Also Vanguard will help you over the phone with it all for free. They're pretty great.
>>
Not OP but similar question.

Would like to put 5k into a mutual fund or ETF but unsure what the best way to go is. Will also contribute monthly instalments. Im looking here

Etf

https://www.vanguardinvestments.com.au/retail/jsp/investments/all-products#/etf

Managed

https://www.vanguardinvestments.com.au/retail/jsp/investments/all-products#/retail

Thanks biz
>>
>>1108590
Or is it better to do a combination of these?
>>
Bump, bit retarded with vanguard funds
>>
>>1108257
Buy Ethereum
>>
>>1108257

Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF (VYM)

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0923&FundIntExt=INT

That's all you need
>>
>>1108910

Thanks I'll give it a look. I generally just buy the Vanguard S&P index funds.
>>
>>1108590
>Would like to put 5k into a mutual fund or ETF but unsure what the best way to go is
Go with the Target Retirement Fund to start. Later, when you have more saved, you can consider switching to a "Four Fund Portfolio."

>>1108910
Stop with the dividend meme fund. We're trying to have a serious discussion here.

The High Dividend Yield Fund is a perfectly fine fund, per se (I own it myself). But it is not a core fund, and it would be stupid to concentrate your investments in any single asset class, including this one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.