[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to try reposting this since the last one didnt get too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: medequip.jpg (75 KB, 702x336) Image search: [Google]
medequip.jpg
75 KB, 702x336
Going to try reposting this since the last one didnt get too much attention.
So I have been considering a career selling medical equipment to hospitals.
I have a "salesperson" type personality and was planning on going into high end real estate, but this seems more profitable. Is there anyone here that has/had this career and can testify on it?
What kind of schooling did you need?
Was it just the regular sales/marketing/whatever or did you need medical courses as well?
>>
My dad worked in healthcare sales his entire life. He majored in biology, and worked at a hospital where he ended up teaching staff how to use computers when they began to be implemented. Got hired with SMS who was eventually bought out by Siemens. Worked for Siemens until he retired. He did medical billing software and support. Nursing with sales experience will get you far. He averaged around 80k + commission.
>>
>>1108284
Do you know if it's required or if they'll still hire you even if you went to school for business? because that's what I'm currently going for. How was his commission? I get that it's sales and it all depends but like on average how did he do?
>>
just dont let any homeless people steal your equipment and dont have a faggy son and your good to go
>>
>>1108326
the pursuit of happiness, right?
christ I haven't seen that movie in years.
>>
>>1108328
glad you got that reference , biz still has hope.

from little exp i have on the subject the sales people have knowledge on the product they sell but actual medical courses . also fake it till you make it
>>
>>1108348
i'm actually a newfag to biz, heh.
so I guess a medical course couldnt hurt, but I don't really need a degree or anything? (in medicine, that is)
>>
>>1108348
>>1108358
sorry there was suppose to be a *no after but

sale people need to only know how to sell, medical degree wont matter unless you plan on fixing or building and teaching long term how the equipment works . if your job is only to sell and move on to next customer then do that.

i hope youre planning on working for a sales rep company in this industry and getting experience before going on business on your own. having a sales personality doesnt mean anything unless you are actually already making a living out of it.

gl
>>
>>1108411
yeah that's what I was planning on. I work as a sales associate at a formal dress store right now actually
>>
>>1108241
bumping before this gets bumped off the board
>>
>>1108241
My uncle does this.
It's an importing business. Meaning he sells shit to Colombian (read ignorant) doctors/hospital administrators. It's stupidly good, I've seen him sell stuff on 300% its price and more; it literally depends on ignorance of the market.
He tried to get me into the business and mentioned I could do 2 years of biomedical engineering and learn all the shit you have to know, such as what an ECG does and how to calibrate it. He himself was a doctor for a long time so he has contacts and authority on the matter.
>>
>>1108287
You need the knowledge to actually sell these things effectively, and they're not gonna spend ~6 months teaching some salesman biology and chemistry when they can just get some STEM major to learn sales in a fraction of the time. If you can learn and then prove you have the technical knowledge then there won't be any problems.
>>
>>1108326
>"I gotta get back to the 60s mannn"
>>
>>1108411
>>1110025
>these mixed messages
;-;
>>
>>1110192
Hey now, take into account that Colombia (South America in general) is very personal. People like to pretend they're friends with everyone.
Stuff like knowledge on the matter helps you talk to them; what you really need to know, you'll learn on your own. I mean, I learned a bit about cardiology by being there, and I just translated shit and moved boxes. My uncle mentioned he wanted to get a cardiology especialization in order to gain social standing. Maybe it's not that important elsewhere.
>>
>>1110237
I'm guessing I would need to learn spanish. Fuck me, I was under the impression that this was working for a "middle man" type company to sell them to various hospitals, not going all the way to fucking Columbia
>>
>>1110311
Maybe high end real estate IS the way to go
>>
gentle bump
>>
>>1108241
a real deal equipment sales manufacturer.

If you have a choice between high end real estate and B2B/B2G sales, definitely go with real estate.

Sales are more and more online marketing driven, these days, meaning that it is often the case that the lead is already 85% into the pipeline when they meet the salesperson. That's SFDC/Pardot statistics, by the way.

That in turn, means that the salesperson brings less and less value to the process. In turn, compensation schemes have already began to shift.

Sales personnel for items even with tens of thousands of dollars of sticker price, are currently "reps" rather than "account managers", and receive lower base salaries and commission structures, which are capped more and more.

At the same time, Marketing managers are receiving, for the first time, revenue based compensation structures.

The chance of this happening in high-end real estate is lower - as the sticker price is going to continue being high. The question of RE cyclicality lingers, of course, but a frontline person would be the first to recognize these trends, and act accordingly.
>>
>>1111865
this is probably a tard question but what does B2B/B2G stand for?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.