[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start to go into cryptocurrency but have no idea where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1455913685343.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1455913685343.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
I want to start to go into cryptocurrency but have no idea where to start or if it's too late. Any info or examples would help.(I know the basics but still not enough detail)
>>
>>1108102

Bump, I'm curious too, specifically about Ethereum
>>
Some people will tell you where to start is in an alley or truck stop, but that's just trolling. The truth is that you should start at a sporting goods store. You need those kneepads or you'll be seriously hurting.
>>
>>1108102
It's not too late. The total market cap of cryptos is only about $7B right now. I expect that one day it should be in the trillions easily.

The first step is to get bitcoins.I've heard coinbase is the place to go in America and coinjar is what I use in Australia.

Keep at least half your crypto in bitcoin. Regardless of what alt shills tell you, bitcoin is likely to stick around as the number one crypto. If any alt takes over number one spot you really won't need to have that much money invested now to make it big later anyway.

I use Poloniex to buy alts. Atm you can withdraw $2000 per day by giving a fake name and country.

Now this is going to be contentious and I will probably get shit on itt but I'm going to tell you my favourite alt. Monero/xmr is the real future of money. I would accumulate as much as you feel comfortable with after researching it a bit. Also since it's so easy on polo I would also buy $5-10 worth of some of the major alts just in case. They would be eth, xrp, ltc, doge.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>1108156
it's anons like you who keep biz alive. Thank you.
>>
>>1108285
Buy ethereum only. The others he mentioned are what are known in the trade as "shitcoins"
>>
>>1108983
Ethereum is also a shitcoin, the point is to buy them just in case the world somehow ends up running on shitcoins.
>>
>>1108996
>half a billion marketcap, top banking and IT connections, cryptos best hope
>shitcoin

Pick 1
>>
>>1109001
>shitcoin
>>
>>1108996
>Ethereum is also a shitcoin
Just check the DApps that are soon getting released http://app.lymni.co
>>
>>1109011
If there is money to be made in ethereum it will be made in the dapps. Augur rep tokens for example might be worth something assuming the ethereum network can be relied upon. You can use ethereum to transfer other crypto currencies and ether is only needed to pay for using resources on the network, sort of like miners fees.
>>
>>1108156
Agree with this anon, coinbase and poloniex are the way to go. Definitely think ethereum over monero tho but hey, to each his own.
>>
>>1108102
Buy Ethereum at Kraken.
>>
>>1108156
Why Monero over others?
>>
>>1109117
Because his monero bags are getting heavy. Needs someone to baghold the failing coin.

Ignore him and buy Ethereum
>>
>>1109130
thats right, Monero is just bitcoin with more anonymity....who the fuck cares??
>>
File: 4DidW7B.png (97 KB, 2080x1440) Image search: [Google]
4DidW7B.png
97 KB, 2080x1440
>>1110413
Everyone will care if bitcoin actually gets used seriously.

Also the privacy makes Monero fungible. With bitcoin you could get paid some coins that are later found to have been involved in some drug/terrorist/criminal operation that are tainted forever and are worth less because no one wants tainted coins.
>>
>>1108156
I don't know how dumb this question is, but why use a fake name and country on polonoiex?
>>
>>1110488
Hurr durr what is BItcoin tumbling.

Nobody except pedos and terrorists cares about privacy anyway.
>>
>>1110518
ok mate
>>
>>1110509
Privacy mostly.
>>
Look into Decred
Big pump going on
>>
>>1108102
>>1108141
>>1108983
Ethereum is red hot right now on Bittrex, strong hands made an easy 25% profit.

We have a few whales putting up massive buywalls to set the floor at 14.

>>1109022
No shit, Ethereum wrecks the shit out of Monero, can't believe I used to buy that shit last summer. I made a few quick bucks but honestly Monero doesn't have a snowball's chance of competing with the big boys.

>>1109130
This anon speaks truth

>>1110518
Buy more darknet drugs
>>
>>1111565
Bid is at 0.01440000, it's happening :)

Beginning of the end for other altcoins imo
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.