[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Single male 23 years old. College educated in meme degree. 0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1452952116159.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452952116159.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
Single male
23 years old.
College educated in meme degree.
0 debt.
Splitting rent with 3 roommates, $600 a month
Make like $1800 a month working 40 hours a week at a hardware store.
Once all other expenses are covered I have like $300-400 dollars to myself every month.

I feel lost. I want to be able to have a home and family but I don't know how. Is that a possible goal for a mediocre person in this day and age?
>>
Also I live in northeastern massachusetts.

Please help me guys I suck at being an adult.
>>
>>1107625
Ugh...get a better degree?

Or join the military. And then get a better degree for free.

Or get a shit job that pays well. I heard you amerilards can make 100k on an oilrig. If only I had that opportunity...
>>
>>1107615
wtf you´re doing fine, just save up and find a girl you like.
>>
>>1107615
hardware store is no job for a college man you need something better, thats fools money
>>
>>1107670
Nowhere else will take me. I've tried applying to a bunch of office jobs with no luck. I have a very limited social network (basically none) as well.
>>
>>1107615
Put 200 of that 300 or so away into a bank every month, it'll start stacking up.
>>
>>1107615
Whats your degree in?
>>
Same situation, but no schooling. I really want a house.
>>
>>1107641
West Texas bro here.

The oil thing is a joke. It's super hard to get into the oilfield and you'll work 90 hours a week under horrible conditions for around 80K a year. Plus they're all unemployed now.
>>
>>1107710
Poli Sci
>>
If you've got a decent history of W2's to show a bank, you may qualify for a mortgage. Interest rates being as low as they are, you can sign up for a 15, 30yr loan at 2-3% (probably less if you haggle) and pay ~$450/mo for the same kind of place you're living in now. You'll have to spend money on upkeeping the house as well, keep that in mind, though you could get a roommate to help cover the costs or even rent the place out yourself and use other people's money to pay your mortgage for you.

If you do go the mortgage route, make sure the loan you get is with a FIXED interest rate. Variable rates will fuck you over, you can be paying 2% per month when it suddenly spikes to 6 or 7, which if you can't cover will cause you to miss your payments and the bank will repossess your house.

Good luck OP.
>>
>>1107697
go corporate. Idk where you live, but if you live near a tourist destination you can always apply for a spot at a nice resort. They usually come with good benefits. I don't have a degree and applied at a pest control company after cooking for 6 years and now im making 60k after a year and a half. Go outside your comfort zone.
>>
>>1107822
Why'd you stop cooking? Was there an explosion or was it pressure from the Feds?
>>
>>1107827
Moved from the coast to the middle of Jew york, no 5 star resorts so i would only make $12 an hour cooking at a shit restaurant. So i tried something different seeing as i didn't have thousands invest in a degree.
>>
>>1107615
Don't feel bad about not having a home and family at 23. Despite all the 20-something millionares running around /biz/, your situtation is pretty normal right now.

I don't have a ton of great advice for you, but I do have your same faggot ass degree so I have been where you are. I work as a retirement investment advisor for a big investment company. The money is ok. Nothing crazy. Try living somewhere with lower cost of living. Their are constantly articles about " great cities for young professionals" and shit. Cities with lots of jobs and low cost of living. Otherwise you just have to grind it out. It takes time.
>>
File: reac20.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
reac20.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>1107775
Well there goes my Plan B
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.