[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets just assume that we got voted out of the EU, is there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 2050x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 2050x1366
Lets just assume that we got voted out of the EU, is there any way we can make money off it?
>>
>>1107372
sell made in uk stuff to hipsto-rednecks you have
>>
File: Europe.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2284) Image search: [Google]
Europe.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2284
What country?
>>
>>1107391

There is only one country negotiating their membership atm. The United Kingdom.

I think your best bet would be to invest in stocks in areas that have the potential to replace London in the EU as a banking sector. So Paris or Frankfurt?

In the grand scheme of things, UK leaving EU seems like a huge financial loss for everyone to me though, so I'm pretty skeptical
>>
>>1107413
This.

Although if a place was going to replace London it would be Dublin IMO. London attracts so much money because of it's capital-friendly fiscality, which neither France nor Germany have, especially compared to Ireland, which already has attracted many headquarters.

I also agree with>>1107413 that it would be a huge loss both for EU and UK, but I'm afraid that the people voting are too dumb to see that.

The main thing attracting so much capital to the UK is that it's the easiest entry point in the EU zone. All of that money is going to disappear if UK gets out. UK is fiscally appealing but there are many more fiscal havens with much more interesting fiscality than the UK. What they don't offer is the legitimacy necessary to move around easily within the EU zone, which is what makes (made?) UK so attractive.
>>
>>1107498
80% of Ireland's trade is with the UK. If they go, we'll have to go too.

However, Dublin's biggest things are fairly EU independent (I'm thinking of aircraft finance which is down to the corporate tax rate, rather than accessibility to the EU)
>>
File: 1453857707403.jpg (106 KB, 306x872) Image search: [Google]
1453857707403.jpg
106 KB, 306x872
Leaving the EU is the only hope that the UK could abandon neoliberalism and implement some form of Post-Keynesian style economic policies
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.