[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you tell me about the sales industry, /biz/? I am a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: mahjong.png (491 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
mahjong.png
491 KB, 854x480
What can you tell me about the sales industry, /biz/? I am a disillusioned EE student that wants to quit and since that would effectively leave me without any formal qualifications, sales seems to be my only alternative. Is it a good idea to enter this business? How about the perspectives in the long run once you've entered this? Thanks for your help.
>>
depends what you're selling. Basic cheap retail then there are a few reqs, social ability etc. but obviously you want to be making alot of money, so you're going to want to sell high cost cars,yachts or real estate, the long term in these can be extremely fruitful. but you need to be socially adept, well groomed etc. good luck. its more about who you know than what you know. so network find some people ho work high up and befriend them.
>>
>>1107436

Thank you man. The social abilities and basic charisma shouldn't be a problem as even my fellow students ask me what I'm doing there with my skills. EE is really a gray and low-energy environment..But it's good to hear that this switch is possible. If somebody can do it, then so must I. Also: Is it better to start in smaller companies and then work up, or try to land in larger ones where they require degrees even though I won't finish mine? The basic strategy would be to get noticed through my success, right?
>>
>>1107488
go for smaller companies, for 2-3 years, if you notice a way you can work up, go for it. but those couple years of experience will be looked at really favorably by the larger companies. just work hard and all and any success will be noticed, not just by your current employers but by potential future business partners too.
>>
>>1107539

Understood, I think I will do so. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
Why not do engineering sales?
>>
>>1108277

Could be possible after a few years of experience but without a finished degree they would never let me into the door.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.