[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Who /gold/ here? I have a friend who runs a gold and si
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
>Who /gold/ here?

I have a friend who runs a gold and silver store and he lets me buy it at 3% above spot which is better than anything I have found online. I have yet to find anything online where you can buy gold below 5% markup on spot.

>http://www.providentmetals.com/10-gram-perth-mint-australian-gold-bar-in-assay-card-9999-fine-bullion.html
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x235
Im all in ETH. Gold is so 2300BC
>>
>>1107233
Fuck off.
>>
File: pajeetlearnsgold.png (92 KB, 804x568) Image search: [Google]
pajeetlearnsgold.png
92 KB, 804x568
>>1107231
less than 3%
>>
>>1107231
Im in metals too. I have gold stocks and silver coins. Waiting for the Great Unfolding, get comfy lads
>>
>>1107248
>not buying the actual metals

Pleb
>>
>>1107255
Im a fucking student with 2000$ in stock and 500$ in silver coins. I cant do much tbhfam and keeping the actual metal would be complicated. Just get some abx and wait until it all unfolds. Gold should be at 1300 anytime soon.
>>
>>1107262
If the happening actually happens having gold stock will be useless. Having actual gold would be helpful.
>>
>>1107231

I get paid in refined metals.

Refinery takes a % of the gold, silver, copper, etc, gives me the rest
>>
>>1107296

What? Buying gold futures is the same as owning gold.

If the shit hits the fan, gold is useless for 100+ years.

Then it will be collected for currency, but for 100 years after shit hits the fan gold is too soft to be used as a blade, no one needs conductors, or thin sheets of metal, or jewelry... you get it,
>>
File: haircut.png (277 KB, 448x335) Image search: [Google]
haircut.png
277 KB, 448x335
>>1107296
>>1107317
if you believe in the Happening then why not short the S&P
>you like shiny shit
>>
>>1107321

I don't believe in it.

But if you do, why own gold? Less room for ammo and beef jerky and water filter tablets.

Gold is money- there needs to be banks and an economy before money has use

Otherwise, barter system, 10 bullets for your chicken, etc
>>
>>1107321

Also, think your own idea through before you type it.

That's dumb.

If the happening happens, then all the money you made shorting S&P is worthless, if it doesn't, you lose 10% a year forever.
>>
>>1107317
>implying cave man didn't want pretty rock
>implying Keith won't want a nice ring for his wife so that she'll have something beautiful in an irradiated post apocalyptic wasteland.
>implying the fact that gold is valuable isn't so ingrained in the human pschy that it won't retain value even with no practical use.
>implying wasteland pimps won't want bling
>>
>>1107326

Going to take 100 years (minimum) before the gold has use.

Once people start building warehouses trading Guns, Canned Food, Grains, etc, gold with be collected and then minted into coins and used as currency.

That's 100 years away- if you're thinking 100 years in the future, you won't see next week.
>>
>>1107325
h-hey know what else can be bartered for bullets and chicken? money from shorting the s&p. and if the happening then you don't even have to cover your short, just skip town
>>
>>1107329
People have always traded pointless shiny shit for other goods. Just look at wampum in early Native American cultures.
>>
>>1107446
it worked out so well for their civilization
>>
>>1107325
>If the happening happens, then all the money you made shorting S&P is worthless, if it doesn't, you lose 10% a year forever.

You don't have a clue about what shorting means... You sell S&P500 shares short. Get cash from the sale, use cash to buy gold. Wait for happening. Never repay shorted shares.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.