[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on online poker, /biz/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: gaming_poker_cards.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1800) Image search: [Google]
gaming_poker_cards.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1800
Thoughts on online poker, /biz/?
>>
>>1105544
Only good if you learn the online tells. Still too luck based to be a reliable money maker.
Play French Roullette (has two greens and you get your bet back if you land on them) if you want to gamble some of you money, bet on 1-18 and 25-36 (3rd 12) with a ratio of 3:2.
>>
>>1105544
I'm a huge poker fan, love playing. Doubt I'll ever make enough to live off of but I still play as much as I can.
Live games you can still turn a profit but if you're in the US you're fucked if you're trying to play online.
Only place I've found is a few sites for bitcoin like nitrogensports.
>>
>>1105544
utter degeneracy and pleb tier "business"
>>
>>1105588
>Still too luck based to be a reliable money maker.

Not over the long run
>>
>>1105588
>>1105639
It's all just expected value by comparing pot odds to outs. Until you get into the upper levels of poker you don't need to worry about deception or semi-bluffing.
>>
>>1105588
dont listen to this guy
>online tells

Tells don't exist online unless you actually know the person. Otherwise, they could be multitabling on another site and that's why they're time banking.

>>1105589
at 200nl, if you put in the hours, you'll do much better than most people actually working. you should generally make about 20 an hour. 20 x 8 x 5 x 4 x12 = 32k a year. if you can't live off of 32k a year, move to a cheaper state.
>>
>>1105588
i remember making an excel chart with a buddy one time about that process. with the 2k we saved, we could play that system up to like 12 times before we lost it all. came close one time online, lost 9 times in a row and almost called it all a loss. luckily (and i do mean luckily) we kept the betting going on the 10th round and won it back, plus like $10. kinda silly, definitely fun looking back.

wont be doing that again any time soon
>>
i play online poker for a living.. as in.. i dont have a job and play poker to pay my bills. ive been a profitable online poker player for years, but i make just about minimum wage. i could move up in stakes and improve my hourly rate but my bankroll doesnt really allow it (as i have to withdraw money every now and then to pay bills). im also doing sports betting as additional income but my roi hasnt been too impressive, thats why i mostly do matched betting now. guarantees me a few hundred every month.
>>
Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.